It is possible for a day trip to Ben Tre from Saigon (Ho Chi Minh city). Highlights of Ben Tre trip are orchards, bee - keeping farm, traditional music and you can also participate in coconut candy production process at a local factory.
Yes, there are many interesting activities to join in Chau Doc.
- Takinga boat trip on one of the small paddle boats that gathers near the western end of the city’s park to visit floating raft houses and fish farms.
- VisitingSam Mountain (outside Chau Doc) which has great views over the surrounds. The views are pretty rather than spectacular, though when combined with a visit to the pagodas at the base, make a worthwhile afternoon jaunt.
- Headingto or from Phnom Penh by boat through Chau Doc. Cruising the Mekong River between Chau Doc and Phnom Penh takes 5 hours.
There are many ways to discover the beauty of Indochina countries, but cruising on Mekong River seems to be the best. The cruise gives you the chance to both experience many interesting activities on luxury suite and admire a wide range of charming destinations on its various routes.
- Pandaw Mekong Cruise: Offer a real adventure experience to discover the great river of South-East Asia. Each Pandaw Cruise was designed as copies of colonial river boiler and teak by traditional craftsmen are in themselves objects of great beauty. Pandaws provide a friendly and informal atmosphere like at home.
- RV Mekong Princess Cruise: A newly built luxury river vessel running the route from Vietnam to Cambodia. The ship is elegantly designed and exquisitely decorated recalling the French colonial-era. Everything from the food to decoration is prepared with consideration for every single detail.
- Aqua Mekong Cruise: The first small luxury cruise ship to travel up and down the Mekong River, between the Mekong Delta in Vietnam and the Kingdom of Cambodia.
A cruising voyage to or from Vietnam and Cambodia often takes you to the highlighted attractions along the waterline. This cruise will take about 8 days, you'll spend about 3 days in Mekong Delta and 5 days to go upstream deep in the land of Cambodia.
All the cruises operating on Mekong River must have the safety conditions and equipments like life buoys and life jackets. Furthermore, there are well-trained staffs being always ready to face up with difficulties that suddenly arise during the journey.
In terms of the boats’ condition, it is often checked by the government to assure the safety for the tourists.