If you find yourself in Yangon and have spent all the time you want to in the dynamic city, a day trip to the once-capital of the ancient Mon Kingdom is a worthwhile possibility. Witness the best of Bago’s architectures and cultural highlights. We will share stories about a monk’s life in Kya Khat Wain Kyaung Monastery and the history of ancient pagodas.
Bago Sightseeing with Train Ride full day
- Get to know life of monks living in Kya Khat Wain Kyaung Monastery, watch their daily activities and talk with them for more knowledge about Buddhism
- Visit the very ornate Kanbawzathardi Golden Palace, enjoy the amazing decorations and traditional architecture of this mega historical palace to understand how grandeur and wealthy the kingdom was
- See outstanding Shwe Tha Lyaung Reclining Buddha image and the massive four-seated Buddha shrine of Kyaikpun
Itinerary Expand all
Start pickup from hotel around 8:00 or 8:30 AM.
We start drive by road to an ancient capital Bago which will take about 2 hours, on the way we will stop to visit to the Htaukkyant World War II Memorial.
Upon arrive Bago we will visit Kyaik Pun Pagoda, a small monastery which offer you Huge Four Sitting Buddha Images. This Buddha Images is impressive with 27 meter high and built in 1476 by Dhammazedi.
At this pagoda we also learn about monastic life of monks.
We continue trip to Shwe Daw Pagoda, this pagoda was being destroyed 30 times, but local people contribute to renovate and now it even higher Shwedagon Pagoda.
Next stop is Kanbawzathadi Golden Palace, This places was built by King Bayinnaung in 1556 and being one of the most importance historical place in Myanmar.
We will stop for lunch at local restaurant.
After lunch we continue visit: Snake pagoda, home weaving factory, Shwe Thalyaung Reclining Buddha.... we will ride back Yangon by local train which provide you full view of rural sceneries and see how local transfer around.
Our car waiting you at train station and transfer you back hotel.
- PROGRAMS & SCHEDULES SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE
Price & Inclusion
|01 Jan 2020 - 01 Jan 1970|
- *All prices are based on per adult, in Double/Twin sharing
- Small group tour available (max 10 guests): HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
- Surcharge will be applied for single traveler or single room request
- 1 Lunch
- Car, Train
- Inle Lake sightseeing by boat
- Entrance Fee
- English Speaking Guide
- 02 wet towels; 02 bottles of drinking water for each person
- Service Change
- Train ride back to Yangon
- International flight to or from Myanmar with taxes
- Visa or Passport Fees
- Travel Insurance
- Tips and gratuities
- Meals not marked on itinerary
- Personal expenses
- Any other service not mentioned
- More than 7 days prior: 10% of total rates.
- From 4 to 7 days prior: 50% of total rates.
- Less than 3 days prior: 100% of total rates.
- No-Show: 100% of total rates.
- Child under 2 year old: FREE of charge, limit 1 child/ booking
- Child from 2 - 10 year old: 75% charge
- Child from 11 year & above: 100% adult rate
- Itinerary 8
- Food/Drink 9
- Tour guide 8
- Enter/act 8
- Transportation 9
Interesting destination to visit, only an hour and a half from Yangon. To be able to learn about their customs with monks at Shwedagon Pagoda and Kyaik Pun Pagoda was such a pleasant experience. Kanbawzathadi Golden Palace was also a glorious attraction that is an honourable highlight of the tour. We're… More Interesting destination to visit, only an hour and a half from Yangon. To be able to learn about their customs with monks at Shwedagon Pagoda and Kyaik Pun Pagoda was such a pleasant experience. Kanbawzathadi Golden Palace was also a glorious attraction that is an honourable highlight of the tour. We're glad to have Micky as our tour guide on this day trip since he was very supportive and provided us with exclusive information about the places. Huge thanks to BestPrice for organizing this trip for us! Less