Based on 311 customer's reviews
Cambodia at a Glance
If weather is a vital factor in your trip, dry season (November to May) is the best time to visit Cambodia for the best climate. It’s when the rainfall is low and the atmosphere is calm (25°C - 30°C), suitable for sightseeing and joining various outdoor activities.
Though the remaining months (June - October) belong to the wet season, it’s still fine to travel to Cambodia this time if you don’t mind experiencing some raindrops.
The best time to travel also depends on your demand and budget:
- November - March: For tourists who love outdoor recreation.
- June, September - October: For paying a visit to less-crowded temples.
- April - June: For budget travelers who are looking for deals and low prices.
Generally, the travel cost to Cambodia is approximately US $80 - 280 /person /day.
The specific expense for each traveler per day will be different since it’s based on the class of the tour, which is roughly estimated below:
- Superior (3* hotels): US $80 - 100 - For tight budgets
- First Class (4* hotels): US $110 - 150 - For mid-range budgets
- Deluxe Class (5* hotels): US $170 - 250 - For large budgets
You should choose Cambodia packages from 6 - 12 days to explore this country. The more travel days you have, the more things you can discover:
- 5 - 7 days: Head to highlights of Cambodia in Phnom Penh and Siem Reap.
- 8 - 10 days: Expand your journey to Battambang for local cultural exploration.
- Above 10 days: Add beach relaxation in Sihanoukville, Kep, etc. to your itinerary.
Our Highlights of Cambodia 10 days can be your ideal choice for a discovery thoroughly from the history, nature, and culture of the country, suitable for different budget types (price from US $999 /pax):
|Day 1 - 3||
|Day 4 - 5||
|Day 6 - 7||
|Day 8 - 10||
Spend some free days in Sihanoukville to unwind and recharge among pristine white sand beaches.
If you want to seek a more suitable option, check out our suggestions here:
Siem Reap - Battambang - Phnom Penh - Sihanoukville (Koh Rong)
Phnom Penh - Siem Reap - Sihanoukville
Phnom Penh - Siem Reap - Tonle Sap Lake
Phnom Penh - Mondolkiri - Kratie - Siem Reap
Yes, Cambodia is fairly safe to travel. Countless travelers have come to the country up to now, and their trips went without a hitch:
- Politics: Being maintained political stability since the late 1990s, it’s quite safe for everyone to visit and stay in the country.
- Crimes: The rate of violent crime against visitors is low, however, petty crimes are quite popular in tourist places (pickpocketing and scams), so you should always keep an eye on your belongings.
- People: In general, Cambodians are honest, friendly, and straightforward. They are willing to help if foreign travelers have difficulties.
Covid-19 Pandemic: Now Cambodia is open for international tourists. Proof of vaccination or testing is no longer required to enter the country.
Yes, you do need a visa to enter Cambodia. Currently, citizens in ASEAN Countries aren’t required to obtain a visa, including Brunei Darussalam, Indonesia, Lao PDR., Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.
If you are not able to visit the country visa-free, there are 3 ways to apply:
- Visa on arrival (VOA): About US $30 (you can apply for a visa once arrive in Cambodia, without any procedure in advance).
*** Please be noted that there are 10 countries that are unable to apply for VOA: Afghanistan, Algeria, Arab Saudi, Bangladesh, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, and Nigeria
- Visa from worldwide Cambodian embassies
- E-Visa (Online Visa): Visa T (Tourist visa) costs about US $36, while Visa E costs US $42. Official Government Website: https://www.evisa.gov.kh/
Tipping is not mandatory in Cambodia, however, locals always appreciate this if you show your appreciation by giving them a small tip.
Let’s take a look at our recommendations about tipping in the country:
|10% of total bill|
|Tour Guide||US $7 - 10 (per day)|
|Taxi Driver||US $1 - 2 (per day)|
|Hotel||US $1 - 2|
|Spa Staff||10 -15% of treatment price|
Yes, you can easily access the internet in Cambodia, especially in major cities such as Phnom Penh and Siem Reap. Free WiFi also can be accessible in many cafes, hotels, and restaurants.
The cost of a data plan in Cambodia is quite cheap, so you should buy this to access the Internet wherever you are:
|Mobile Providers||Avg Price (Per SIM)|
|Metfone||From US $1 - 2|
|Smart Cambodia||From US $1 - 5|
|Cellcard||From US $1 - 6|
In Cambodia, the popular power plugs used here are type A, type C, and type G:
- Type A: 2 vertical pins
- Type C: 2 round pins
- Type G: 3 vertical pins
Unlike plugs type A & G (cannot use different outlets), plugs type C can work with the socket for plugs type E & F, since they all have two round pins.
The standard voltage in Cambodia is 230 V at 50 Hz. If your device cannot fit the voltage/ outlet, you have to prepare a voltage converter and adapter.
Note: It’s highly recommended to buy converters /adapters before your journey. If not, you can buy them at the airports (and maybe at a higher price) or local stores.
Questions & Answers (15)
i plan to visit Cambodia next year. would love to book the Essential & Beach Relaxation 12 days. but I want to spend 3 more days in Sihanoukville. is it possible?
Yes possible we can give you extra night rate, which hotel class are you choose?
I want to book a private tour to Phnom Penh n Siem Reap for 6 days. 3* accommodation. can u send your itinerary and price via my email? tks
Sure, you can consider some of our best suggestions below:
- Cambodia Culinary Tours 6 days
- Classic Family Tour in Cambodia 5 days
- Incredible Luxury of Cambodia 6 days
- Signature of Cambodia 5 days
Besides, we also can customise your trip. Our travel consultant has sent you an email, please check for more information. Thank you so much for your request!
I will be in Cambodia in 17 Jan to 2 Feb 2024 and I'm interested in attending festivals or special events during my visit. Can you provide information on any festivals or cultural celebrations that coincide with my trip?
Hi! Unfortunately, there's no big festival in Cambodia in the period that you mentioned. If you want to join a festival there, please change your travel plan to celebrate Khmer New Year from 14 to 16 April.
I'm interested in Luxury of Cambodia 6 days. I will travel with my husband and my parents, beginning from 16th Dec 2023 to 21st Dec 2023. Do you have any tours during this time?
Yes the tour still available at that time for your family. Our travel consultant will contact you through email with some option for you to consider
Hi what standard do you cruiseship have from Phnom Peng til Siem Reap? id it 3 or 4 star? Regards Anette
Standard will be from 4 star cruise