Tribal Villages and Artisans Experience tour will bring the passenger back to the history line involved and a real look at what the artisans are producing today. It will become one of remarkable in your trip
Discover Tribal Villages & Artisans Experience full day
- Find out the local life of ethnic in northern villages Akha Ban Huay Pong
- Visting the old city including some temples well-known
- Admire the collection of silverware, brass ornaments, northern lanterns and Buddhist relics
Itinerary Expand all
Depart Chiang Mai for the northern villages Akha Ban Huay Pong and Lisu Ban Don Loong in the early morning. The former of these is actually closely related to the Hani of China's Yunnan province, with the locals living in bamboo houses raised on low wooden stilts in hilly areas. Learn about this fascinating, almost untouched community while following the lead of your local guide, and explore some of the traditional rice, corn and soybean farming techniques still used in these mountainous villages.
Then, head onward to a nearby village of Ban Pha Nok Kok, home to a Hmong community, and enjoy lunch at a local restaurant. This tribe is believed to have originated from the Yellow River Valley in ancient China, and today occupy small regions of the Thai highlands. More culture is in store in the afternoon, as you proceed to the old city, including some temples well-known for their collection of silverware, brass ornaments, northern lanterns and Buddhist relics - here you have the chance to get an up-close look at how the artisans create these ornate trinkets.
- PROGRAMS & SCHEDULES SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE
Price & Inclusion
- 1 Lunch
- English speaking guide
- Transport by air-conditioned car or minivan.
- Beverages and other meals do not indicate in the program.
- Personal expenses
- Tipping/ Gratuities
- Any additional expenses caused by reasons beyond our control such as natural calamities (typhoon, floods), flight delays, rescheduling or cancellations, any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes etc.
- Cancellation by Customer
- More than 7 days prior: 30% of total rates.
- From 4 to 7 days prior: 50% of total rates.
- Less than 3 days prior: 100% of total rates.
- No-Show: 100% of total rates.
Similar Chiang Mai Tours
Questions & Answers (1)
Will we be picked up at our hotel
Yes we do