Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep is a must-see temple and one of the most respected among all Thais. As the temple is located at the top of a mountain, challenge yourself to a half-day tour to walk up the 300 steps of the intricately-carved mythical Naga Serpent Staircase or take a cable car to the top for an incredible view over the stunning architecture, statues, murals, and shrines of the city as well as surrounding areas.
Doi Suthep Temple Half day
from US /pax
Add to wishlist
Theme: Interact with local, Cultural, Nature
Suitable: Young Adults, Couples
Type: Private tour
- Visit the famous Wat Phra That Doi Suthep
- Grasp the whole view of Chiang Mai City from the top
- Explore the gold-flaked Central Chedi, noted for its glittering facade in midday sunshine
Itinerary Expand all
Day 1: Half Day Doi Suthep Temple
You can choose one of two time-traveling: Morning 08:00-12:00 / Afternoon 13:00-17:00.
- Today, journey up to Doi Suthep, the peak over Chiang Mai, to the famous Wat Phra That Doi Suthep.
- This temple is a must-see place for anyone who is first time traveling here and is a part of your trekking path. Make the fascinating trip up the long, winding route to enjoy the refreshingly chilly air as you rise.
- Arrive at the temple and exit the car to begin the ascent to the top. Start 300 steps or take the cable car instead, it's time-consuming but totally worthwhile because the city from the bird's eye view will blow you away.
- At the top, you can admire the gleaming gold and jeweled pagoda built in the Lanna architecture style at the temple's apex. Listen to the monks' chanting while admiring the panoramic views of Chiang Mai from the viewing platform.
- Explore the Central Chedi, decorated with gold flakes and famous for its shimmering facade in the midday light. The architecture, statues, murals, and shrines are spectacular, and commanding views of the surrounding countryside are guaranteed.
Central Chedi, Decorated With Gold Flakes
- PROGRAMS & SCHEDULES SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE
Price & Inclusion
- English speaking guide
- Transport by air-conditioned car or minivan.
- Beverages and other meals do not indicate in the program.
- Personal expenses
- Tipping/ Gratuities
- Any additional expenses caused by reasons beyond our control such as natural calamities (typhoon, floods), flight delays, rescheduling or cancellations, any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes etc.
- Cancellation by Customer
- More than 7 days prior: 30% of total rates.
- From 4 to 7 days prior: 50% of total rates.
- Less than 3 days prior: 100% of total rates.
- No-Show: 100% of total rates.
Similar Chiang Mai Tours
Questions & Answers
Ask a Question