Da Nang to Hoi An By Bus: Local or Shuttle Bus is Better?
Da Nang and Hoi An are located very close to each other making it very convenient and simple to travel back and forth. There are various transportation choices to choose from but traveling from Da Nang to Hoi An by bus is definitely the cheapest option. Besides the local public transportation, travelers can get to Hoi An from Da Nang by the shuttle bus service. Each method of transportation has its own pros and cons. Read along to see which option is more suitable for you when traveling between these two cities.
Overview of Da Nang to Hoi An bus
Traveling by bus from Da Nang to Hoi An is not only cheap but it also offers you opportunities to interact with local people and have a brief look into their daily life. The bus will depart at Da Nang central bus station and end at Hoi An Bus Station (Hoi An Nguyen Tat Thanh Bus Station).
- Bus number 1: Da Nang - Hoi An
- Operating hours: 5:30 AM to 5.50 PM
- Frequency: every 20 minutes. The timing of the bus is determined by the season, therefore expect it to run less frequently during the off-season (October to December).
- Price: 20,000 VND ($0,9) one way/per person
Operating route (from Da Dang to Hoi An): Da Nang central bus station - Ton Duc Thang Street - Dien Bien Phu Street - Ha Huy Tap Street - Nguyen Tat Thanh Street - Ong Ich Khiem Street - Le Duan Street - Chi Lang Street - Hung Vuong street - Tran Phu Street - Trương Vuong Nu Street - Nui Thanh Street - Duy Tan Street - Tran Thi Ly Bridge - Ngu Hanh Son (Marble Mountains) - Le Van Hien Street - Tran Dai Nghia Street - Hoi An Bus Station
When arriving at Hoi An bus station, you can either walk 20 minutes to Old Town’s center or if you don’t prefer walking then hail a cab for 10 minutes driving is also an option.
The bus system in Da Nang has an official website and available app for both ISO and Android users (DanaBus) which is actually quite useful. On its maps, it overlays the planned route and exact stop. As a result, it can assist you in determining the closest bus stop from your current location.
Of course, there is some downside that you should consider when taking the local bus when traveling from Da Nang to Hoi An. The bus travel duration will be longer compared to others options which take approximately 1 hour to 1.5 hours, depending on the traffic conditions. Moreover, it’s not really suitable for travelers who have a lot of big luggage as the bus does not have luggage compartments underneath it so would be tiring to carry them up and down the bus.
Da Nang to Hoi An Local bus
Shuttle Bus is the proper method of transportation for large groups travelling together and doesn’t mind sharing with other travellers. Shuttle bus price can be range from 115,000 VND ($5) to 250,000 VND ($10.9).
The shuttle bus runs every hour from 5:00 AM to 11:00 PM and regularly takes around 45 to 65 minutes depending on the traffic. It can be even longer to get to your final destination as they have to gather up other passengers and do the rounds to drop them off at their accommodations in Hoi An. The most well-known shuttle bus is Hoi An Express, which you can contact directly to arrange the pick-up or drop-off.
The advantage of taking a shuttle bus is that they will pick you up directly at the airport, train station, or your hotel in Da Nang and drop you off at your accommodation in Hoi An or at least near there so you are able to walk just a short distance. Thus to say traveling by shuttle bus is also a safe option if you have got a lot of luggage as well as valuable belongings. You can also reserve a shuttle bus in advance, which is useful if you want to plan out your travel schedule.
Tips to choose the best bus to Hoi An from Da Nang
- If you keen to travel to Hoi An by bus from Da Nang airport, you might have to take a taxi or book Grab (bike, car) to get to Da Nang Central Station, as it does not locate near the airport. Taking the bus is less convenient if you are arriving than depart from the airport as the Da Nang central bus station is not really close (around 4km away). Therefore it is ideal to order a Grab or catch a grab to get to the station.
- The local bus does not have air condition so it might be too hot after a long journey. Therefore if higher transportation fare is not a big deal to you then you should look at other modes of transportation to travel between these cities in the summertime (especially in June and July).
- If you don’t want to download another application to your phone, you can use Google Maps and its schedule explorer to find the closest bus stop to your current location and also it’s very convenient to check the Da Nang to Hoi An bus schedule.
- If you traveling with a large group of up to 9 people, you can consider hiring the shuttle bus out individually as it will be more cost-effective.
Da Nang to Hoi An Bus
General, travelling from Da Nang to Hoi An by bus is not fancy but truly a fun experience and budget-friendly. So let’s hit on the road with BestPrice and join our Da Nang tours or Hoi An tours to experience the absolute gems of central Vietnam.
Image Source: Internet
Questions & Answers (2)
Since COVID there is until now (December 2023) no Public Bus to Hoi an from Da Nang. My recommendation is to take a Motortaxi (140k) Directly from the Train Station to ur stay in Hoi an!
Thank you for your comment, we are noted and will update it soon.
Good morning, Do you have tomorrow around 3 pm a Hoi An-Da Nang bus station connections? Thank you so much
No we are not organize the bus from HoiAn - Danang, i think you can go to bus station