The Best Ways To Travel From Da Nang To Hoi An
- Da Nang and to Hoi An distance and traveling time
- How to travel from Da Nang to Hoi An
- Recommended Da Nang to Hoi An tour itinerary
- Local tips to get to Hoi An from Da Nang
There are many transfer choices to travel from Da Nang to Hoi An or vice versa and we have listed them in this article.
Distance and Traveling Time
Hoi An is a small town that is 30 km far from Da Nang and it has no airport. The quickest way to get there is to fly into Da Nang International Airport, and it might take only a 50-minute drive from Da Nang airport to Hoi An.
Da Nang to Hoi An travel map
How to Travel From Da Nang to Hoi An
In general, it might take more than 1 hour to move from Da Nang to Hoi An and we have these effective methods of travel.
|Means of Transportation||Cost for One Way|
|Local Bus||From 20,000 VND (~ US $1)|
|Shutter Bus||From 80,000 VND (~ US $3.5)|
|Taxi||From 350,000 VND (US $14)|
|Grab||From 380,000 VND (US $16)|
|Private Car||From 450,000 VND (US $18)|
|Motorbike||From 100,000 VND (US $4)|
1. Bus: Popular Traveling Method
Traveling by bus from Da Nang to Hoi An is probably the cheapest option and it also offers you plenty of opportunities to interact with local people. There are 2 different bus types: local bus and shuttle bus.
The local bus departs from Da Nang central bus station which will be more convenient for travelers who arrive at the train station.
- Daily operating time: 5:30 to 17:50.
- Frequency: 20 minutes (high season) and 30-35 minutes (low season).
- The travel duration: About 1-1.5 hours, depending on the traffic. You may track the journey and discover the nearest stop to get off by using a map application.
- Ticket price: 20,000 VND ~ US $ 1 /person. You will pay once you get on the bus so no booking needs to be made in advance.
- Notes: The local bus does not have luggage compartments underneath so you have to take care and keep an eye on your belongings, particularly when the bus gets crowded.
Overall, the Da Nang to Hoi An bus is cheap and quite a fascinating experience. However, it will take more time to transfer from Da Nang airport to Hoi An, and is not suitable for you if you want to have a private space.
If you decide to spend some time in Da Nang before heading to Hoi An, you'll be surprised by the number of travel companies and guesthouses that provide a variety of Da Nang to Hoi An buses. These buses are usually more comfortable than local buses and are air-conditioned. If you book a tourist bus online or through a travel agency, you will be directed to the pick-up and drop-off locations.
Here are some reliable bus operators for your Da Nang to Hoi An trip.
|The Sinh Tourist||10:30, 15:30||
+84 283 838 9596
+84 283 838 9597
+84 283 838 9593
+84 283 838 9594
|Hanh Cafe||11:30, 16:30||
|+84 905 395 368|
|Green Tour||08:00, 11:00, 14:00||
150,000 VND (US $6)
|+84 905 187 802|
Da Nang To Hoi An Shuttle Bus
2. Taxi: Convenient Way For Tourists
The taxi from Da Nang to Hoi An is readily able to pick you up at any time, and it can be the best option to transfer from Da Nang airport to Hoi An.
You don't need to make any arrangements ahead of time; simply tell the driver where you want to go and they will drop you off right at the door. There are several reputable taxi operators in Da Nang.
|Taxi Brand||Notable Points||Contact|
|Mai Linh Taxi||National Taxi Brand||+84 236 3565 656|
|Vinasun Taxi||National Taxi Brand||+84 236 3686 868|
|Tien Sa Taxi||Local Taxi Brand||+84 235 595 959|
|Song Han Taxi||Local Taxi Brand||+84 511 372 7272|
Depending on the location they pick you up or where your accommodations are located.
- One way: 350,000 VND (US $14) and 450,000 VND (US $18).
- Round trip: 750.000 VND (US $30) to 950.000 VND (US $38).
Tips When Moving From Da Nang to Hoi An by Taxi
- You can order a taxi in a variety of ways: picking one up on the street or calling their hotline. Or else, the receptionist at your hotel in Da Nang can assist you to book a taxi. If you are traveling to Hoi An from Da Nang Airport or Da Nang train station, you can easily catch a taxi that readily waiting outside the gate.
- Because taxi fees are based on the meter counter clock, some drivers may overcharge you by driving you the longer route. To avoid this, you can either pre-arrange the charge with the drivers or track the trip using a mapping program on your phone.
Get a Taxi to move from Da Nang to Hoi An
3. Grab: Affordable Choice For Group Travelers
Grab is a popular transportation app that allows you to order a taxi, a motorcycle, or a rideshare car. The service is available almost everywhere in Vietnam, including Da Nang and Hoi An, making it simple to book a car to travel between these cities. Booking a Grab car is considered a good option to travel from place to place as it can save you time, and you are able to know the exact fare without worrying about scams.
The cost can be lower than the average price or can be higher if it’s raining or receiving increased booking demands.
- 380,000 VND (US $15) for a 4-person sedan
- 460,000 VND (US$ 19) for a 7-person sedan
What you would need
A smartphone with Internet access, the Grab app installed, and a Vietnamese sim card with circular data or you can also use available Wi-Fi to get online and book a ride.
Types of services
You can simply select your pickup location and preferred destination with these options:
- Grab Premium for a luxurious experience
- Grab Car for privacy
- Grab Motorbike for solo travelers looking to tighten up the budget
It can be quite economical when booking a Grab
4. Private Car: Comfortable Option For Families/Friends
Traveling in a private vehicle is one of the finest ways to get the most value for money, especially if you are traveling in a group or with family. It's quick, comfy, and handy, and it can stop wherever you want along the trip. Furthermore, you can be picked up from any location in Da Nang, avoiding scams and price haggling.
- With one-way (during daylight hours): From 450,000 VND (US $18) and 690,000 VND (US $28) per person.
- With traveling late at night: Range up to 850,000 VND (US $34).
How to book a personal car
- Ask the hotel reception: If you've already reserved a room in Hoi An, the hotel can organize a private transfer from Da Nang to Hoi An for you. The car will then come on time and take you to the specified address, ensuring a stress-free journey.
- Book a private transfer car on your own: This is a convenient, quick, and safe way to travel. Furthermore, you will not need to reserve your Hoi An hotel service and may be able to receive a better offer. You won't have to worry about scams, delays, or getting lost if you choose this option.
- Online book in advance: You can make arrangements with the personnel of your Da Nang hotel. If you're on a budget, this selection is a decent choice.
Moving by private car is the preferable way for a family trip
5. Motorbike: Local Traveling Style
If you're looking for adventure, riding a motorcycle is the most thrilling option. Locals also favor this route because it is more convenient and flexible. Not to mention, you have the freedom to stop by any tourist attractions you want to visit.
The average cost is from 100,000 VND (US $4) to 200,000 VND (US $8) for hiring a bike for one day.
Types of vehicles
- The automatic motorbikes: easy to control, more expensive to hire
- The manual transmission motorbikes: cheaper to hire
Where to get the vehicles
- Motorbikes can be rented from your hotel or from any renter with ease. You may need to leave your passport for rental.
- When renting, make sure you check the bike carefully: tires, horn, brakes, and lights.
- Mostly the rented motorbike is empty fuel so you should get to the nearest gas station and fill up before hitting the road.
- Though the route from Da Nang to Hoi An is quite easy and clear and takes about 45-60 minutes to drive.
- However, if this is your first time driving a motorbike in Vietnam, you should consider avoiding this option. Vietnam's traffic is always congested, with a lot of unexpected scenarios.
Get a motorbike and travel like a local
Local tips to get to Hoi An from Da Nang
- If you take a taxi, ensure that they activate their meter and that it is operating properly, or make sure of a fare agreement before you take off.
- If you are traveling by private vehicle and would like to stop at some tourist attractions along the way, it is recommended to schedule ahead with your driver to avoid any confusion
- You should always have cash available, especially when taking the local bus or taxi. Also, it’s better to have a small note or avoid giving out big notes if you choose to travel by bus as the driver may not have enough to give you back the changes.
- Mai Linh Taxi has a downloadable app for your smartphone that helps you visualize the road map and get the estimated fare. If you prefer to book via the app, make a note of the taxi's license plate so you can identify it to the right driver.
- If you prefer to travel from Da Nang to Hoi An by motorbike, remember to wear a helmet and always follow the local traffic rules.
With a short distance, Da Nang and Hoi An are easy to travel between and should absolutely be added to your itinerary in Vietnam. If you are looking for the best Da Nang tours or Hoi An tours, visit BestPrice Travel and pick up the most suitable option.
(Image source: Internet)