Top 10 Halong Bay Junk Boats 2023
9.2Excellent - 155 reviewsThe three days of our trip to Ha Long Bay were really well organized. Before, during,… Mr.Robin Buhl - GermanyHalong BayBar Butler Service Live MusicWhy book?
- Traditional wooden junk
- Spacious sundeck with lounge area and sun beds
- Offer tailored-made menu options
15 cabins - Wooden Boat - Launched in 2009$130 /pax
- Titop Island, Luon Cave, Sung Sot Cave, Cua Van Village
- Budget and Mid-range travelers, Solos, Couples
9.3Excellent - 4 reviewsI first planned for a Peony cruise but the ship was unavailable for our travel date.… Mackenzie - CanadaHalong Bay - Bai Tu Long BayBar Cafe & Lounge Cooking ClassWhy book?
- Committed and skilled staff ensuring dedicated and professional assistance
- All accommodations feature balconies with breathtaking ocean vistas
- Enjoy a comprehensive selection of sauna, massage, and fitness amenities
- Offer Halal meals and a diverse menu on request: Kosher, Vegetarian, Gluten-free
20 cabins - Metal - Launched in 2018$158 /pax
- Thien Canh Son Cave, Vung Vieng Village
- Mid-range travelers, Couples, Groups of friends
9.4Excellent - 205 reviewsAmazing team! They were professional and polite, taking fantastic care of us. Morning,… Elif Rangel - GreeceHanoi - Halong Bay - Bai Tu Long Bay
Bar Free Wi-fi JacuzziWhy book?
- Summer Escape: 30% OFF
- Traditional wooden junk boat
- Cruising through the off-the-beaten-track Bai Tu Long Bay
- Largest cabins on the bay with private balconies and jacuzzi
12 cabins - Wooden Boat - Launched in 2013$150 /pax
- Vung Vieng village, Cong Dam area, Thien Canh Son cave
- Seniors, Singles & Solo
9.3Excellent - 176 reviewsWe had an absolutely incredible experience during our 3-day, 2-night journey around… Mrs.Lucy Baker - United KingdomBai Tu Long Bay2 Nights without Day Boat BarWhy book?
- The legend of traditional junk in Bai Tu Long Bay
- Best services & interesting activities onboard
- Small boat for peaceful & great experience
10 cabins - Wooden Boat - Launched in 2010$169 /pax
- Hon Co Island – Thien Canh Son Cave, Vung Vieng
- Small group, Active travelers, Seniors, Budget travelers
9.3Excellent - 47 reviewsI made a great choice with the Signature Royal cruise. As it sailed into Bai Tu… Tyler Salazar - GermanyHalong Bay - Bai Tu Long Bay
Bar Free Wi-fi JacuzziWhy book?
- Summer Escape: 30% OFF
- Wooden Junk boat with a huge 130m2 Sun Terrace
- Off-the-beaten route in Bai Tu Long Bay
- Broad cabins for families with ensuite Jacuzzi bathtub
16 cabins - Wooden Boat - Launched in 2014$150 /pax
- Vung Vieng, Cong Dam, Thien Canh Son Cave
- High-end travelers, Families with Kids, Group visitors
Ha Long Bay - Bai Tu LongBarWhy book?
- Classic wooden junk with 4 decks
- Cruising through Bai Tu Long Bay - Untouched path!
- Best value for money - rated by travelers
22 cabins - Wooden - Launched in 2023$129 /pax
- Thien Canh Son cave, Vung Vieng village
- Budget travelers, Small group, Couples
9.1Excellent - 95 reviewsEverything was amazing, the service and the staff were all good. The weather was… Mischa - RussiaHalong Bay - Luon Cave - Titop Island - Surprising CaveBar Cooking Class Free Wi-fiWhy book?
- Elegant Vietnamese traditional-style junk boat
- Budget cruise with nice service
- All cabins have large sea-view windows
14 cabins - Wooden Boat - Launched in 2013$128 /pax
- Luon Cave, Titop Island, Bright cave, Ba Trai Dao Area, Pearl Farm, Surprising Cave
- Budget traveler, Solo
9.5Excellent - 222 reviewsWe have recently returned from a fantastic cruise experience aboard the Orchid,… Mr.Sarah goel - CanadaHanoi - Lan Ha Bay - Cat Ba IslandBar Jacuzzi PoolWhy book?
- Best boutique luxury cruise to Lan Ha Bay
- Beautiful jacuzzi pool on sundeck
- All cabins have large private balcony & bathtubs
14 cabins - Metal - Launched in 2016$175 /pax
- Trung Trang Cave, Ao Ech Area, Viet Hai Village, Ba Trai Dao
- Seniors, Family with Kids, Couples, Luxury travellers
9.2Excellent - 113 reviewsWe were anticipating excellent service, but Indochine exceeded our hopes. Excellent… Mr. Philip - ArgentinaHalong BayBar Spa & Massage Wooden GamesWhy book?
- 15 years of experience hosting international guests
- A Halong overnight cruise designed in time-honored traditional style
- Mid-range boat with well-appointed cabins and suites with large en-suite bathrooms
15 cabins - Wooden Boat - Launched in 2007$162 /pax
- Surprising Cave, Titov Island, Luon Cave, Cua Van village
- Family, Group of friends
9.7Excellent - 152 reviewsWe appreciate My Uyen’s effort in organizing everything and keeping us updated throughout… Thanh Le - AustraliaHalong Bay - Luon Cave - Me Cung Cave
Bar Cafe & Lounge Fitness CenterWhy book?
- 45% OFF + Unlimited Benefit.
- All-inclusive cruising experience
- Your meals are served anywhere your request
- Small boat but provide one of the most luxurious overnight cruises in Halong
8 cabins - Steel core, wooden cover - Launched in 2017$280 /pax
- Luon Cave, Viet Hai Village, Ba Trai Dao, Me Cung Cave
- Luxury Travellers, Couples
About Halong Bay Junk Boat
It is a fact that finding high-quality Halong Bay junk boat overnight is really challenging at present. The reason for this matter is because of the trend of making steel boats in the bay. Cruises made of steel are bigger, and more stylish, and become really hot for travelers in Halong Bay, which makes many people gradually forget about the existence of traditional junk boats. If you want to travel to Halong Bay in the most authentic way, wooden junk must be the best choice.
- Year of launch: Most of the junk cruises in Halong Bay were launched in the last decade (2007 - 2019), at the early of cruising services in Halong Bay. There are new boats and luxury junks, of course, but just a very modest number as the steel junks are dominating the bay right now.
- Price range: The majority of these boats are budget cruises with 3 - 4-star service standards and you can easily book one for a 2d1n or 3d2n cruise trip at reasonable prices (only from US $126/ pax). For higher class, BestPrice Travel offers 5-star luxury junk boats like Emperor (from US $276/ pax) and Orchid Classic (from US $175/ pax).
- Facilities: Although the wooden junks are small, and cannot afford too many functions as the steel boats, they still can provide perfectly the comfort of full-amenities cabins, delicious meals, and all the must-try activities such as sightseeing, swimming, kayaking, and night squid fishing.
- Services: There is no worry about the quality of services of Halong Bay junk boat cruise as they all have many years of experience in the bay with well-trained staff. Some of them offer private and 5-star luxury junk boats to give the best quality trip for every passenger.
- Cruise safety: You don’t have to be concerned about the safety of the wooden boats as all the junk is maintained periodically at least once or twice a year. Only recognized boats meeting the government’s safety standards are allowed to travel in the bay.
Popular Cruising Itineraries
While most of the new steel cruises traveling through Halong to Lan Ha Bay – A new hot travel route these years, wooden junks mostly travel in Halong Bay and Bai Tu Long Bay which means you have 2 main options for the itinerary: classic and off-the-beaten-track ones.
- Halong Bay: The classic itinerary is ideally suitable for first-time travelers coming to Halong Bay which allows you to visit the most popular attractions here such as Titop Island, Sung Sot Cave, and Luon Cave.
- Bai Tu Long Bay: When you choose the off-the-beaten track that means you will have a chance to explore the unspoiled beauty of the bay. The junk cruise will take you to travel deeply into remote areas like Vung Vieng Village, Thien Canh Son Cave, and Cong Do Area.
Halong Bay Junk Cruise Price 2023
From US $126/ 2 days, BestPrice Travel offers the best Halong Bay traditional junk boats with high-quality services and unique cruise experiences onboard. Please refer to our top Halong Bay junk boat overnight in 2023 and choose the best one for you.
|Price from (per pax)||Why choose?|
|US $150||Authentic traditional wooden junk|
Dragon Pearl Junk
|US $155||3d2n itinerary without day boat|
|US $150||Large sundeck & broad cabins|
|US $130||Best services|
|US $175||Best boutique luxury cruise|
|US $160||Professional staff|
|Most luxurious cruise with unlimited services|
If you are a fan of classic style and expect a remarkable cruise trip with a rustic wooden boat, just book one of the above cruises, they all are the best junks in Halong Bay and promise a perfect cruising experience.
Have you had any options on the wishlist? Let's send us a request for further information and helpful advice from our travel consultants.
Based on the star rating of the cruise, facilities, and services, here are the best-recommended junk boat cruise in Halong Bay following each demand:
- Most Luxurious: Emperor Cruises
- Most recommended: Orchid Classic Cruise - 5-star cruise provides fewer cabins with acceptable price
- The best choice for Bai Tu Long: Signature Royal Cruise
- Budget cruise: Majestic Cruise
For more options, you can refer to our selective list of the 10 best Halong Bay Junk Boats
The most luxurious junk boat in Halong Bay is Emperor Cruises for its great facilities and only 10 private cabins. Furthermore, Emperor cruise provides massages and saunas, gym services without fee.
There are different prices for Halong Bay Junk Boat based on the number of days, cruise star rating, and the number of private cabins:
- 5-star cruise:
- 2 days 1 night: from $142/pax to $435/pax
- 3 days 2 nights: from $274/pax to $659/pax
- 4-star cruise:
- 2 days 1 night: from $147/pax to $442/pax
- 3 days 2 nights: from $253/pax to $904/pax
- 3-star cruise:
- 2 days 1 night: from $125/pax to $139/pax
- 3 days 2 nights: from $220/pax to $233/pax
This is the list of best private junk boat which is suitable for each demand:
- Best service: Swan Cruise
- Best choice for budget: Dragon Pearl Junk
- Best schedule: Oriental Sails
- Most spacious: Aclass Legend Cruise
- Most romantic: Phoenix Cruise
Besides, you can refer to BestPrice Travel's list of the 10 best private junk boat in Halong Bay.
Questions & Answers (5)
Hi, we'll be in Hanoi Bay May 4th via Oceania Cruises. 7am - 4 pm. We really would like to explore the Hanoi Bay on a junk boat. Do you have any tours that can fit our schedule? Thanks,
Yes you can rent a private junk with L'amour or some thing similar for 8 hours from 8:00 AM - 3 PM. Please lets me know how many people are there in your group?
I would like to do a 3-day two-night cruise on a junk boat next - we are three adults and we require two rooms. Please let me know what is available. Thanks, Lisa
We have many option junk available on that date, may i know your budget so can suggest you the best one.
This is Virtuoso travel consultant Craig Buck with Travel Masters, in the United States. I have a family of 5 (2 adults, 2 teenagers, 1 eleven year old) that would like to book a one or two night, private junk trip in Halong Bay. They are staying at the Metropole in Hanoi the nights of December 20 and 21. They would like to take the junk trip from December 22 to 23, or 24. Can you please provide us with information on availability and rates? We understand this is a very busy time for the junk cruises and wish to have something confirmed for these clients as soon as possible.
Current most private junk are sold out on period between 21 - 24 Dec. We have some option for join small boat and will send you via email.
Hello, My name is Andrew, from Australia. I am organising a trip to Vietnam and we are interested in a private charter boat for 2 nights. Check in 19 May, check out 21 May 2022. It is for 6 males, therefore we require 6 x beds. 3 x cabins would be sufficient. We would like to be able to do some kayaking and snorkelling. We would like to be able to drink alcohol on board (happy to bring our own if that is permitted). Can you please provide some options, availability and costs? If you need any further information, please let me know. Thank you Andrew
As your request for a Private Charter Cruise on Halong for 3 days 2 nights on 19th May 2022 – 21st May 2022, I check the availability for you, and luckily I found the private cruise is still available on your expected date with Bhaya Legend Halong.
For your question please find the answer below:
- Wine: If you want to bring wine or some drinks of your own (not included in our itineraries) you should pay surcharge for the corkage fee upon your request. Bottle of wine/ vodka: fee at $15 per bottle
o Kayaking is included in the cruise’s rate.
o Snorkeling is also served on the cruise for an extra charge.
Please check all information above and get back to me soonest. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Is there any junk boat available now? I heard that there is only some big boats operating. I plan to go on May 1.
Unluckily just a few cruises are operating now to serve Vietnamese customers. And we mostly prefer big boats so there is no small junk boat run at moment. Until May we have no information yet. We will keep updated if there is any change.