Top 10 Cruises in Bai Tu Long Bay 2023
9.3Excellent - 53 reviewsFood it’s good . Only the beef it’s Hard to chew . Breakfast good it Buffet Style… Mr.Evangeline Dionisio - United StatesHanoi - Halong Bay - Bai Tu Long BayWhy book?
- Best reviews on TripAdvisor: 4900 excellent /5409 reviews
- Off-the-beaten route to Bai Tu Long Bay
- Beautiful classic steel boat with traditional style
18 cabins - Metal Boat - Launched in 2015$137 /pax
- Cong Do Area, Thien Canh Son cave, Cap La island
- Budget, Solo, Active traveler, Family with Kids
9.4Excellent - 183 reviewsMy husband and I stayed at Signature Royal on our honeymoon. Everything was wonderful,… Mr.Kirk Marcolina - United StatesHanoi - Halong Bay - Bai Tu Long Bay
Jacuzzi Lounge Bar/Cafe Private BalconyWhy book?
- Winter Flash Sale: 30% OFF
- Traditional wooden boat cruising through Bai Tu Long Bay
- Largest cabins on the bay with private balcony and bathtub
- Offers super cuisine with fresh ingredients
12 cabins - Wooden Boat - Launched in 2013$151 /pax
- Vung Vieng village, Cong Dam area, Thien Canh Son cave
- Seniors, Singles & Solo
9.4Excellent - 35 reviewsMy Halong Dragon Legend Cruise Trip was unforgettable. The room is quite small,… Ms Cesar - SpainHanoi - Halong Bay - Bai Tu Long BayJacuzzi Spa & MassageWhy book?
- Best luxury cruise in Bai Tu Long Bay, less touristy
- Vietnamese traditional decoration style
- Outdoor restaurants with spacious view to the Bay
24 cabins - Metal Boat - Launched in 2014$200 /pax
- Cong Dam area, Thien Canh Son cave, Vung Vieng fishing village
- Luxury travellers, Seniors, Family
9.3Excellent - 166 reviewsThe reasons we choose Bai Tu Long bay and Dragon Pearl Junk were because it was… Ms.Eleanor Clark - AustraliaBai Tu Long Bay2 Nights without Day BoatWhy book?
- The legend of traditional junk in Bai Tu Long Bay
- Best services & interesting activities onboard
- Small boat for peaceful & great experience
11 cabins - Wooden Boat - Launched in 2010$120 /pax
- Thien Duc, Cap La, Hon Co Island – Thien Canh Son Cave, Vung Vieng
- Small group, Active travellers, Seniors
9.1Excellent - 201 reviewsWe had an amazing honeymoon with the Paloma cruise. The crew arranged a pretty cake… Ms. Lauren Chapman - SwitzerlandHalong Bay - Bai Tu Long BaySpa & MassageWhy book?
- Classic wooden junk with 04 decks
- The cabins have a large window for a grand view
- Cruising through Bai Tu Long Bay - Untouched path!
- Best value for money - rated by travellers
18 cabins - Wooden boat - Launched in 2009$180 /pax
- Thien Canh Son, Vung Vieng Village, Cap La
- Families, Small group
9.1Excellent - 23 reviewsVery glad to hire this Halong bay package fantastic experience and a very kind crew… Mr.George Georgiou - CyprusHanoi - Halong Bay - Bai Tu LongSpa & MassageWhy book?
- The best wooden junk in Bai Tu Long Bay
- Serve Western and Vietnamese foods
11 cabins - wooden - Launched in 2018$143 /pax
- Vung Vieng Village, Cong Dam, Thien Canh Son Cave
- Budget Travellers, Families, Solo
9.4Excellent - 28 reviewsExcellent tour. There is a lot of information. The people on the cruise were really… Thistlethwaite - AustraliaHalong Bay - Bai Tu Long BayWhy book?
- Explore the less touristic area of Bai Tu Long for 6 hours
- Enjoy the trip with a luxurious limousine and service on the La Muse cruise at the cheapest price
Wooden - Launched in 2022$61 /pax
- 1 day
- Mat Quy islet , Teapot islet, Thien Canh Son
- Budget traveler, Solo
8.7Very good - 22 reviewsWe were constantly changing, stunning landscapes from our rooms' private balconies… Mr.Alexander Ganovsky - BulgariaHalong Bay - Bai Tu Long BaySpa & MassageWhy book?
- Traditional design with modern services
- Large view with private balcony
- Less touristy travel route
32 cabins - Mental Boat - Launched in 2009$193 /pax
- Thien Canh Son Cave, Vung Vieng village, Cong Do
- Family with kids, Group of friends
9.4Excellent - 38 reviewsThe service made us feel right at home, and the mattresses were SO comfy! The cuisine… Ms.Lucy Ford - New ZealandHalong Bay - Bai Tu Long Bay
Spa & MassageWhy book?
- Winter Flash Sale: 30% OFF
- Top deck restaurant
- Interesting quiz nights & board games
- Private dining option available
16 cabins - Wooden Boat - Launched in 2014$151 /pax
- Vung Vieng, Cong Dam, Thien Canh Son Cave
- High-end travelers, Families with Kids, Group visitors
9.4Excellent - 31 reviewsPrince Private cruise is the right choice for our group. We chartered the cruise,… Mr.Angela Greenwood - AustraliaBai Tu Long BayWhy book?
2 cabins - Wooden Boat - Launched in 2008$442 /pax
- Cap La, Tra San, Thien Canh Son Cave, Hon Co Island, Vung Vieng Villlage, Yen Duc
- Senior, Family with Kids, Couples, Luxury travellers
About Bai Tu Long Bay Cruise
As a remote silent area, there are not many cruises that choose to take their guests to Bai Tu Long Bay which makes this small bay becomes an important part of the off-the-beaten-path in the itinerary.
There are different choices for cruise standards from 3-star to 5-star. However, in general, all of these cruises are impressively convenient with full facilities and perfect services.
Budget & Mid-range Cruise: To save the budget, you can choose to book 3-star or 4-star cruises which are small wooden boat cruises with no more than 20 cabins. You can easily book these cruises at an extremely reasonable price from only about US$120/person. Some famous 3* or 4* ones are Swan, Paloma, Dragon Pearl Junk, and Signature...
Luxury Cruise: all luxury boats are made of steel with big size which usually has at least 25 cabins or more, except for the most high-end boat – Emperor Cruise which is an all-inclusive cruise with only 8 cabins, each cabin has a private butler and after the trip, you do not have to pay any extra bill for food and drinks here.
Just like other travel routes among Halong Bay and other brother bays, you can choose to travel with 2 days or 3 days itinerary.
2 days 1 night Cruise: As usual, the most popular tour is the 2d1n cruise in which tourists will follow about 12 p.m. and arrive at the Cap La area for swimming and kayaking. At dawn, the tour guide will bring you back to the cruise and enjoy the sunset party here with the buy-1-get-1-free drink program. After a cozy dinner, you can choose to watch a movie, play board games, or try the interesting night squid fishing and try to get a squid for supper before going to bed.
Kayaking in Bai Tu Long Bay
On the day after, you can start your new day with a Tai Chi lesson then have a full breakfast, prepare for a visit to the stunning Thien Canh Son cave, and may have a little time resting at Hon Co Island beach before getting back to the boat, have a light brunch before arriving at the port.
3 days 2-night cruises: If you feel like a 2 days tour is not enough, the option of 3d2n cruises staying in the bay is just for you. Normally, with this itinerary, you will have more time to travel and explore deeper inside this area by swimming at Hon Co Island, visiting Vung Vieng fishing village, or the Cong Dam area with Hon Xep Natural Park.
1. What is the bes Bai Tu Long Bay Cruise?
We offered about 11 cruises in Bai Tu Long Bay from budget to luxury class. Depend on your prefer cruise type and price we do recommend you 3 options below:
- Luxury Bai Tu Long Bay Cruise: Emperor Cruise from US $344/ person
- Deluxe Cruise in Bai Tu Long: Signature Cruise from US $169/person
- Cheap Bai Tu Long Cruise: Swan Cruise from US$127/ person
Let's pick a suitable one for your tip in Bai Tu Long Bay.
2. Why should i do a cruise in Bai Tu Long instead of Halong?
Bai Tu Long Bay is a quiet place and spends for an off-the-beaten-track or relaxing client. It is not too crowded tourists like in the main Halong Bay area, so cruising in Bai Tu Long you will help you have an unforgettable trip. So if you are looking for a relaxing trip or off-the-beaten-track trip, please don't hesitate to choose Bai Tu Long Bay Cruise.
3. How much is Bai Tu Long Cruise?
Bai Tu Long Bay Cruise price offers different price ranges based on boat types, travel dates, and cabin types. Normally the price is between 120 USD - 190 USD per person for a 1-night cruise. You should contact a travel consultant to get the exact price for your Bai Tu Long Bay cruise tour.
4. Is Bai Tu Long Bay now really busy?
No, it is not. Bai Tu Long is quite further than both Halong Classic and Lan Ha Bay. There are not many cruises, and the most beautiful scenery still remains. So you should choose to cruise in Bai Tu Long instead if you prefer the route which offers fewer boats & a nice view.
5. Can I cover Halong Bay and Bai Tu Long bay together?
Current Halong Bay separate to 3 main routes: Halong Classic, Bai Tu Long, and Lan Ha Bay. Follow the policy of the Halong board management we could not combine any of them. Most of the routes look quite similar, so if you prefer quiet, less touristy let's choose Bai Tu Long Bay cruise. If you prefer to visit the main sites in Halong like Sung Sot Cave, Titop island let's choose Halong Classic, however, it will be a bit crowded.
Questions & Answers (35)
I'm planning a vacation to Hanoi in September but I have read several reviews about the risk of rain and storms around this time...just wanted to know how safe, or rather, is it advised, to schedule a tour in Halong Bay during Sep?
The weather in Halong in Sep is unpredictable. If you are lucky you'll not meet the storm. So that i cannot recommend you to come at this time, but due to the low season the price will be very cheap.
Hi we are a family of 5 from the UK, we're planning to visit Vietnam this February and would love to spend 2-3 days on a cruise trip. We have 3 boys so we would love the cruise to be filled with activities. Which cruise do you think that more suitable for us?
You can have look at Swan Cruise, i think they offer more adventurous activities for young people. Price also reasonable not too expensive.
Hello! I am traveling to Vietnam in late March 2023. I would love to do a 3 day/2 night cruise in Bai Tu Long Bay. However, I am a solo traveler and am seeking a reputable cruise that either has a singe solo cabin OR does not charge an excessive single supplement charge. Would appreciate any options or ideas you might have. I am an experienced traveler and do not necessarily need a luxury situation. Many thanks! Terry Woodburn
We don't sell sharing the cabin between 2 differents people. So we still charge the single sup for solo traveller. You can have look at Renea or Swan with reasonable price.
Hi there, My husband and I are on our honeymoon and would love to book a tour for 2-3 days. We are open to various companies but would like to make sure our room has a balcony. We are looking to book between Dec 26-29
Current not many cruise option running in Bai Tu Long, with Balcony cabin you can have look at Signature Cruise and it is temporary available on 26 Dec.
I'm planning on visiting Vietnam next June, I'm considering between Paradise Cruise and Dragon Pearl Junk for a short vacation of 2-3 days, can you suggest a suitable cruise? Thank you.
If you keen on Bai Tu Long area lets do Dragon pearl Junk.