The 10 BEST Halong Bay Small Boat Cruises 2023
9.4Excellent - 183 reviewsMy husband and I stayed at Signature Royal on our honeymoon. Everything was wonderful,… Mr.Kirk Marcolina - United StatesHanoi - Halong Bay - Bai Tu Long Bay
Jacuzzi Lounge Bar/Cafe Private BalconyWhy book?
- Winter Flash Sale: 30% OFF
- Traditional wooden boat cruising through Bai Tu Long Bay
- Largest cabins on the bay with private balcony and bathtub
- Offers super cuisine with fresh ingredients
12 cabins - Wooden Boat - Launched in 2013$151 /pax
- Vung Vieng village, Cong Dam area, Thien Canh Son cave
- Seniors, Singles & Solo
9.3Excellent - 166 reviewsThe reasons we choose Bai Tu Long bay and Dragon Pearl Junk were because it was… Ms.Eleanor Clark - AustraliaBai Tu Long Bay2 Nights without Day BoatWhy book?
- The legend of traditional junk in Bai Tu Long Bay
- Best services & interesting activities onboard
- Small boat for peaceful & great experience
11 cabins - Wooden Boat - Launched in 2010$120 /pax
- Thien Duc, Cap La, Hon Co Island – Thien Canh Son Cave, Vung Vieng
- Small group, Active travellers, Seniors
9.2Excellent - 4 reviewsOn the new cruise, Nostalgia, we had a great time in Lan Ha Bay. Thanks to the BestPrice… Mr.Adam Beardsworth - AustraliaLan Ha Bay
- Grand Opening: 40% OFF
- A luxury cruise with a unique & combination of Indochinese design and Hue features
- Only 10 aristocratic cabins with higher solitude and more custom-made service
- Unique royal Vietnamese cuisine and Hue traditional tea after dinner
10 cabins - Metal Boat - Launched in 2022$180 /pax
- Trung Trang Cave, Viet Hai Village, Dark & Bright Cave, Ao Ech Area
- Couples, Luxury Travellers, Group Travel, Family with Kids
9.7Excellent - 113 reviewsThe excursion was worthwhile. Hera was really helpful and patient. The preparations… Boparai - Other CountryHalong Bay - Cat Ba Island - Bai Tu LongBoutique Library Fitness Center Kids ClubWhy book?
- All-inclusive cruising experience, no bill to pay at the end
- Your meals are served anywhere as your request
- One of most luxurious cruises in Halong
8 cabins - Steel core, wooden cover - Launched in 2017$347 /pax
- Luon Cave, Viet Hai Village, Ba Trai Dao, Me Cung Cave
- Luxury Travellers, Couples
9.4Excellent - 14 reviewsWell-organized & nice yacht. The crew team is exceptionally helpful and caring.… Pearson - UgandaBai Tu Long BayWhy book?
4 cabins - Wooden Boat - Launched in 2008$386 /pax
- Cap La, Tra San- Vung Vieng Floating village
- Family, Groups of friends.
9.3Excellent - 11 reviewsAn out-of-the-ordinary way to go sightseeing in Halong Bay. They only offered two… Mr.Jason Wu - United StatesHalong Bay - Bai Tu LongSpa & MassageWhy book?
- Best choice for tranquil experience
- Dining restaurant with panoramic bay-view
- Spacious sun-deck
8 cabins - Wooden Boat - Launched in 2017$175 /pax
- Thien Canh Son Cave, Vung Vieng village, Cong Do
- Budget Traveller, Small group
9.7Excellent - 25 reviewsWe had a two-night, three-day trip on a gorgeous ship that was immaculate, with… Ms. Erin Sims - United StatesHalong Bay - Lan Ha Bay - Cat Ba IslandJacuzzi Live Kitchen Private BalconyWhy book?
- Brand new suite only cruise in Lan Ha Bay
- Restaurant with stunning view & live cooking zone
- Biking in Viet Hai Village for 1 night program
12 cabins - Metal Boat - Launched in 2018$278 /pax
- Viet Hai Village, Ao Ech
- Small group, Honeymoon, Luxury travellers
9.5Excellent - 35 reviewsIncredible journey on L'amour junk boat for a 3D2N. Well worth the money. The junk… Ms.Adriana Guerrero - United StatesBai Tu Long Bay - Hon Co Island - Thien Canh Son Cave- Vung Vieng Fishing VillageWhy book?
- Only one en-suite cabin onboard
- Privacy & romantic experience on the bay
1 cabin - Wooden Boat - Launched in 2007$347 /pax
- , ,
- Honeymoon couples, Private charter, Luxury travellers
9.4Excellent - 13 reviewsA fantastic Valentine Premium, a little boat with a lovely table, sun deck chairs… Mr.Danny Kwok - Hong KongHalong- Cua Van Village- Titop IslandWhy book?
- Small luxury cruise with less cabins
- Comfortable bathroom with massage, rainfall and bathtub
- Classic travel route
2 cabins - Wooden Boat - Launched in 2010$431 /pax
9.4Excellent - 27 reviewsWe had a fantastic experience visiting Halong Bay with the Legend cruise tour, and… Dixon - United KingdomHalong Bay - Bai Tu Long - Lan Ha BaySpa & MassageWhy book?
- Exclusive and customized private charter cruises
- Available personal private butler 24 hours
- Design your own itineraries and activities
1 cabin - Wooden Boat - Launched in 2009$422 /pax
- Thien Canh Son, Vung Vieng Village, Trinh Nu Cave, Ba Ham Lake, Sung Sot Cave
- Senior, Family with Kids, Couples, Luxury travellers
An overview of Halong Bay small boat cruises
Most of the tourists who choose to travel Halong Bay with small boat cruises are expected to have a short quiet and tranquil holiday on the sea. These small boats have only a few cabins (below 15 cabins) with the limited occupation. Besides, most of the small boat cruises are traveling from Halong Bay to Bai Tu Long Bay – which is considered as an off-the-beaten-track travel route to different less touristic areas in Bai Tu Long.
With its advantages, small boat cruises are a good choice for elder tourists or couples who prefer silence throughout their trip or couples who need more privacy and a big crowded boat cannot satisfy them. Of course, despite the modest size, these small cruise boats still can offer their guests all their basic needs like a comfortable sleeping cabin (usually included a soft bed, an air-conditioner, a full amenities bathroom with hot water always available), a cozy restaurant serving tasty meals, a large sundeck for sunbathing and early morning Tai Chi Class. And these things are not all that a small boat in Halong Bay can bring to you.
Most of the small size cruises have 3 – 4-star standard, some popular brands that can be mentioned are Swan Cruise, Signature Cruise, and Dragon Pearl Junk. Meanwhile, these budget small cruise boats are sold at quite low prices (only from US $155) and provide deluxe services as mentioned above, there are a few luxury cruises with small size traveling in the bay. However, these rare cruises can afford outstanding services with the extraordinary high-end standard. For example, the Emperor Cruise is a 5-star Halong small boat with the capacity of only 8 cabins but each cabin is very large (48m2 at least) and equipped modern facilities. The life of tourists on the Emperor is described as the royal life and all the guests are like kings and queens. You have to pay high for one night on Emperor Cruise (about US $344/person), but in exchange, you will receive a fancy room, private butler, and can enjoy the services on-deck unlimitedly without no extra bill at the end of the cruise trip. Some other options for luxury small boat cruise you can find in Halong are Heritage Line Ginger Cruise, Y Lang Cruise, Paradise Peak Cruise, Valentine Premium Cruise, and Heritage Line Violet Cruise. In addition, if you are willing to pay more for a charter with luxury accommodation, high-end services, and perfect privacy, there are many private small cruises providing only 1-2 cabins available to choose.
In general, if you prefer a peaceful trip on the sea with a quiet cruise, high privacy, and a tranquil travel route, book a small boat cruise in Halong Bay may be a good idea as it can definitely satisfy far more your expectation.
1. What is best small boat in Halong bay?
The list below is the best small boats:
- Most high-class: Emperor Cruise
- Most recommended: Signature Cruise
- Budget cruise: Legend White Dolphin Cruise
Otherwise, you can choose the most suitable cruise for you to refer to BestPrice Travel's list of The 10 best Halong Bay Small Boat Cruises
2. How much does it cost for 1 night with small boat cruise?
The options for 01 night on a small boat in Halong Bay is varied depending on the cruise you choose. Here is the price range following star ratings:
- 5-star cruise: from $142/pax to $519/pax
- 4-star cruise: from $154/pax to $442/pax
- 3-star cruise: from $131/pax
3. Is there any option for private small boat in Halong Bay?
Yes, there are many options for the private cruise you can choose as:
- Best 5-star private: Valentine Premium Private Cruise
- Most private - one en-suite cabin: L'amour Private Junk, Legend Halong Private
- Budget cruise: Legend White Dolphin
- Most diverse choice of cabin number: Prince Private Cruise
- Most suitable for family: Petit White Dolphin Private
Questions & Answers (3)
We are looking to book the cruise on dragon pearl on 6 Oct. do you have a twin room free? How much is transport from Hanoi return? Thanks celia
Yes we have twin room available, cost for round trip bus 40 USD/person.
I'm finding a cruise with few cabins for my family with 6 adults and 4 kids. We need 1-2 family cabins. Is there any cruise match? We'll be in Vietnam this December.
There are many cruise offer family cabins now like Peony, Mon Chery, Glory, when do you want to travel?
We have 2 adults and 3 kids (9y, 6y, and 2y), and want to book Prince Cruise this November, is it cold at that time and is there any surcharge for my kids?
Sorry Prince havent start working in Nov yet, you can consider option with Legend Halong or Valentine Premium that available for you. We count the charter rate so there is no charge for child, if you book sharing boat, 6 & 9 year old one will be charge 75% adults rate.