Top 9 Mid-range Cruises in Halong Bay 2023
9.4Excellent - 89 reviewsWe had a fantastic experience with our travel assistant, My. She was extremely attentive… T. Federica - AustraliaHanoi - Halong Bay - Lan Ha Bay
Bar Karaoke LibraryWhy book?
- End Season Sale: 35% OFF
- Best mid-range cruise with high services standard
- Cozy boutique boat with unique fusion design
- Interesting itinerary through Lan Ha Bay with many activities
18 cabins - Steel - Launched in 2019$142 /pax
- Dark & Bright Cave, Viet Hai Village, Tra Bau Area
- Singles & Solo, Group Travel, Wedding, Event
9.2Excellent - 155 reviewsThe three days of our trip to Ha Long Bay were really well organized. Before, during,… Mr.Robin Buhl - GermanyHalong BayBar Live Music Private BalconyWhy book?
- Traditional wooden junk
- Spacious sundeck with lounge area and sun beds
- Offer tailored-made menu options
15 cabins - Wooden Boat - Launched in 2009$130 /pax
- Titop Island, Luon Cave, Sung Sot Cave, Cua Van Village
- Budget and Mid-range travelers, Solos, Couples
9.3Excellent - 175 reviewsOur journey to Halong Bay on Dragon's Pearl was truly amazing! The crew's attentiveness,… Mr.Mark Jeynes - United KingdomBai Tu Long Bay2 Nights without Day Boat BarWhy book?
- The legend of traditional junk in Bai Tu Long Bay
- Best services & interesting activities onboard
- Small boat for peaceful & great experience
10 cabins - Wooden Boat - Launched in 2010$169 /pax
- Hon Co Island – Thien Canh Son Cave, Vung Vieng
- Small group, Active travelers, Seniors, Budget travelers
9.3Excellent - 120 reviewsEvery aspect of our experience was exceptional, including the accommodations, the… Ms.Rosie - AustraliaHalong BayBar Live Music Private BalconyWhy book?
- Wide view to the bay with huge windows
- Classic itinerary on Halong Bay
- Wooden boat of high quality services
22 cabins - Metal Boat - Launched in 2012$145 /pax
- Tung Sau Area, Titop Island, Cua Van Village, God Cave, Sung Sot Cave, Bo Hon Area
- Mid-range traveler, Family
9.6Excellent - 53 reviewsThe Calypso Cruise delivered a remarkable experience. From the stunning Halong Bay… Catanaran - TurkeyHalong Bay - Lan Ha Bay - Cat Ba IslandPool Private Balcony Spa & MassageWhy book?
- Classic Indochina design
- Luxurious wooden furniture
- Stunning Bay view from large window
20 cabins - Metal Boat - Launched in 2018$129 /pax
- Dark & Bright Cave, Army Cave, Viet Hai Village, Ba Trai Dao
- Couples, Group of friends
9.3Excellent - 32 reviewsMy husband and I recently had an amazing experience staying on the Amanda Cruise,… Ms.Janice Wong - MalaysiaHalong BayBar Conference & Meeting Private BalconyWhy book?
- Various fantastic & chilling activities
- A Mid-range cruise with many choices of cabin types
- Unique Halong Bay route to explore Surprise Cave & Trinh Nu Cave
25 cabins - Metal Boat - Launched in 2022$132 /pax
- Trinh Nu Cave, Sung Sot Cave
- Group Travel, Family with Kids
9.2Excellent - 113 reviewsWe were anticipating excellent service, but Indochine exceeded our hopes. Excellent… Mr. Philip - ArgentinaHalong BayBar Spa & Massage Wooden GamesWhy book?
- 15 years of experience hosting international guests
- A Halong overnight cruise designed in time-honored traditional style
- Mid-range boat with well-appointed cabins and suites with large en-suite bathrooms
15 cabins - Wooden Boat - Launched in 2007$162 /pax
- Surprising Cave, Titov Island, Luon Cave, Cua Van village
- Family, Group of friends
9.3Excellent - 43 reviewsIt was amazing to deal with Anna when she made everything very simple for us. Anna… Mr.Nick Black - New ZealandHalong Bay - Lan Ha BayBar Mini Golf Spa & MassageWhy book?
- Unique cruising route
- Mini-golf course on top deck
- Interesting activities
32 cabins - Wooden boat - Launched in 2012$160 /pax
- Sung Sot Cave, Luon Cave, Dark and Bright Cave, Ba Trai Dao, Pearl Farm
- Budget traveler, Solo
Halong BayBar Cooking Class Spa & MassageWhy book?
- Youthful elegance and traditional Vietnamese design create a cozy atmosphere at 4-star design
- The breathtaking attractions, and hand-made wooden furniture for an unforgettable cruise
- Indulge in exquisite dining options and enjoy a wide range of beverages from around the world
20 cabins - Metal Boat - Launched in 2018$198 /pax
- Luon Cave, Titop Island, Sung Sot Cave
- Senior couples, Families
Overview of Halong Bay Mid-range Cruises
Finding a cruise with great services at a reasonable price? Well, it’s not that hard to find the one that can satisfy you. The answer is right in BestPrice Travel's list of the best 4-star cruises in Halong Bay.
What are the differences between Halong Bay 4-star mid-range cruise and a 5-star luxury cruise? The 3 biggest criteria are the size, the price, and the facilities.
- Cruise ship size: Most of the 4-star cruises are smaller than the 5-star ones. Only a few mid-range boats have 4 decks and have more than 20 cabins, there are usually 2 - 3 decks in this type of cruise and the number of cabins is just about 15 on average.
- Cabin area: As the size of ships is not so big, there are not many cruises that can provide standard cabins at more than 20m2. They are still very comfortable as all the necessary amenities and facilities that you need are available.
- Facilities & amenities: There are also a restaurant, a bar, a spa, and a large sundeck on almost 4-star cruises. A few cruise ships offer an outdoor jacuzzi, a mini golf, or a library so that you can enjoy your trip conveniently and joyfully.
Cruise Route & Itinerary
The itineraries for you to choose from when traveling with a 4-star Halong Bay cruise are diverse. There are 3 main destinations following the full-day, 2d1n, and 3d2n routes in the bay.
- Lan Ha Bay: The top trending travel route with most of the new cruise ships which focus on relaxation and high-class experience. The most popular itinerary visits Dark & Bright Cave, Ba Trai Dao Islet, and Viet Hai Village.
- Halong Bay: The second most popular on the classic itinerary which allows you to enjoy typical activities like cave visiting, kayaking, and bamboo boat rowing at Sung Sot Cave, Luon Cave, and Ti Top Island.
- Bai Tu Long Bay: The top favorite itinerary for those who prefer less touristy areas and relaxing vacations. Let's enjoy a cruise trip to Thien Canh Son Cave, Vung Vieng Village, and Cong Do - Cong Dam.
Halong Bay 4-star Cruise Price 2023
From US $129/ 2 days, BestPrice Travel offers the best budget on high-quality 4-star cruises in Halong Bay. Please refer to our top mid-range overnight cruises 2023 and choose the best one for you.
|Price from (per pax)||Why choose?|
|US $144||Best mid-range cruise|
Dragon Pearl Junk
|US $155||Unique route to Bai Tu Long|
|US $130||Best traditional junk boat|
|US $149||Best family cruise|
|Calypso Cruise|| |
|Only boat with outdoor pool|
|US $129||Best budget choice|
|US $160||Best services|
|Starlight Cruise|| |
|High-end amenities onboard|
How to Choose A Mid-range Cruise?
Normally, the newer the boat, the more modern it is. Most of the 4-star cruises in Halong Bay were launched in the last decade, they are wooden boats with classic designs, narrow corridors, and small cabins. On the other hand, some cruises were launched in 2015 or newer with bigger steel boats, stylish designs, larger cabins, and modern facilities.
The price for 1 night on these new cruises is a little higher than the old ones, but with all the best experience they can bring to you, these boats are absolutely worth it. Some typical cruise names that can be mentioned are Sena Cruise, Calypso Cruise, and Starlight Cruise and you can book one of them with the cost starting from US $141/ pax.
To plan for a remarkable time in Halong Bay with a deluxe cruise experience at a reasonable price, you should check our top list for mid-range cruises in Halong above and choose your perfect one. For further information, please send us a request and listen to the advice from our consultant.
A mid-range cruise provides you with all convenient facilities and services such as
- English-speaking tour guide
- All meals on board
- Entrance and activities fees in the schedule
- Fulfillment cabins
There are a lot of excellent 4-star cruises in Halong Bay, such as
- Best-seller: Peony Cruise
- Best valued: Sena Cruise
- Best choice for budget: Dragon Pearl Junk.
Calypso is a mid-range cruise that offer a swimming pool.
Yes. Most 4-star cruises on BestPrice Travel support a family suite and a connecting suite.
Most mid-range cruises have spacious cabins, such as
- Calypso cruise's cabin (20m2)
- Sena cruise's cabin (25m2-50m2)
- Peony Cruise's cabin (25m2-50m2)
Questions & Answers (6)
Do any of these cruises cater for a person with limited mobility. Wheelchair not required but difficulty with stairs and steps
All the mid range cruise can support with person limited mobility. You can note for him to stay at first floor so that he don't have to climb stair
Hello I am planning a trip to Vietnam for my honeymoon and would like to take a cruise in Halong Bay. It would be on June 1st for either a full day or 2 night 1 day cruise. Our flight leaves on the 3rd at 2am and we would like to spend some time in Hanoi before we leave, so I'm not sure if it would be better to take a full day cruise and enjoy more time in Hanoi or a 2 day 1 night cruise and spend the afternoon only in Hanoi. As for the cruise I would like one that goes to Halong Bay where we can see Sung Sot Cave or Thien Cung Cave as well as Trong Mai islet and Din Houng islet. As for the activities I would to go swimming and kayaking, visit a floating village or Titop island and do Tai Chi in the morning if we take an overnight cruise. Is there any cruises that offer this and how much would it cost? Thank you
Hi Rachael ,
If you have enough time i think 2 days 1night cruise is more suitable and not too rush.
May I know more detail about time you arrive Hanoi on 1 Jun?
Can you recommend a good Midrange Cruise?
There is many good cruise which get many good feedback of others. All cabin has big window or balcony for a panorama view of Halong Bay. Let refer Peony Cruise or Sena Cruise or others and choose favorite one