Top 10 South Vietnam Tours & Holiday Packages 2023
9.3Excellent - 7 reviewsUyen assisted us in finding a vacation that met our requirements while also keeping… Ms. Alma Smith - United StatesHo Chi Minh City - Cu Chi Tunnels - Mekong Delta - Can ThoTheme: Interact with local, Relaxation, Cultural, HistorySuitable: Singles & Solo, Young AdultsHighlights
US $423$423 /pax
- Come on a day excursion to the Cu Chi Tunnels and Ho Chi Minh historical places to see the rich cultural values of the South.
- Travel to the Mekong Delta and gain knowledge of the vibrant dynamic of the local people, including arroyos islands, fish farms, and exotic fruits.
9.4Excellent - 4 reviewsI think 4 days are ok to explore HCM city and the surrounding area. This vibrant… Kris Sims - ColombiaHo Chi Minh City - Mekong Delta - Cu Chi Tunnels - Ben TreTheme: Cultural, HistorySuitable: Singles & Solo, SeniorsHighlights
US $239$239 /pax
- Learn about the heroic period of the Vietnam War in Cu Chi and some historical landmarks in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Float along the Mekong on a sampan boat and see the peaceful life in Southwest Vietnam.
9.4Excellent - 2 reviewsWe visited many new places and got so much knowledge about the South in Vietnam.… Brook Wright - ArgentinaHo Chi Minh City - Cu Chi Tunnels - Cao Dai Temple - Vinh Long - Cai Be - Can Tho - Mekong…Theme: Interact with local, CulturalSuitable: Seniors, CouplesHighlights
US $748$748 /pax
- Visit the paddy fields, fruit gardens, and floating markets along the Mekong for an exhilarating and relaxing vacation
- Savor the regional specialties and fresh tropical crops produced in the area
- Enjoy the distinctive sights, smells, and tastes of Vietnamese traditional cuisine in southern Vietnam
9.0Excellent - 4 reviews4.1. Hotel in Ho Chi Minh - Ruby River GREAT!!, our favorite --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------… Ms.Jean Kim - United StatesHo Chi Minh City - Cu Chi Tunnels - Mekong Delta - Can Tho - Ninh Thuan ProvinceTheme: Relaxation, Cultural, NatureSuitable: Seniors, CouplesHighlights
US $499$499 /pax
- Immerse yourself in the urban rhythm and bustling lifestyle of Ho Chi Minh City
- Cruise through the peaceful waterways of the Mekong River and learn about local life in this unique landscape.
- Explore the historical underground systems of Cu Chi Tunnels
- Take some time to unwind on the beautiful beach of Ninh Thuan
9.7Excellent - 1 reviewThis tour has a well-organized excursion and excellent service. It saved us so much… Shiran - IsraelHo Chi Minh City - China Town Saigon - War Remnants Museum - Notre Dame Cathedral - Saigon…Theme: Foodies delight, Cultural, HistorySuitable: Seniors, CouplesHighlights
US $483$483 /pax
- Explore hidden corners of Ho Chi Minh City on a city tour
- Try being a farmer in Agricultural Villages
- Travel by a luxury speedboat and explore the vast network of underground Cu Chi tunnels
- Experience a luxurious dinner on a cruise in Saigon river
9.0Excellent - 1 reviewWe enjoy the trip with great offer price. Ms.jenifer milne - United KingdomHo Chi Minh City - Cu Chi Tunnels - Mekong Delta - Ben Tre - Mui NeTheme: Relaxation, NatureSuitable: Seniors, CouplesHighlights
US $591$591 /pax
- Experience the perfect balance of tranquility, adventure, and nature in Vietnam's tropical paradise.
- Dive into the vibrant city life of Saigon, indulging in its rich history, culture, and mouthwatering cuisine.
- Unwind in the serene beauty of Mui Ne beach, with its pristine shores, azure waters, and lush forests.
- This exclusive private tour ensures a personalized experience for a small group.
9.0Excellent - 1 reviewWe chose BestPrice because one of my friends recommended it. And right, we did the… Ms.Selina - SingaporeHo Chi Minh City - Mekong Delta - VietnamTheme: Interact with local, Relaxation, CulturalSuitable: Seniors, CouplesHighlights
US $424$424 /pax
- Discover the iconic landmarks and rich history of Ho Chi Minh City, where modernity meets tradition.
- Navigate narrow canals, catch fish by hand with other family members, and indulge in a delightful lunch featuring the renowned Elephant Ear fish.
- Visit local villages in Tan Phong, and enjoy traditional Westland songs and interactions with friendly locals.
9.7Excellent - 3 reviewsI truly admire the knowledge of my guide in War Museum. He was very accurate and… Mr.Heywood Charlie - AustraliaHo Chi Minh City - Mekong Delta - Da Nang - Hoi An - Nha TrangTheme: Interact with local, Foodies delight, CulturalSuitable: Young Adults, Seniors, CouplesHighlights
US $888$888 /pax
- Explore the bustling streets of Ho Chi Minh City and try the city's famous street food scene
- Immerse yourself in the charming ancient town of Hoi An and learn the art of traditional Vietnamese cooking through hands-on cooking classes with local chefs
- Cruise along the picturesque Mekong Delta and discover the region's floating markets, sampling fresh tropical fruits and sipping on refreshing coconut water
9.2Excellent - 1 reviewOur family trip to South Vietnam was worth it. Within 6 days, we could experience… David Cooper - afCai Be - Can Tho - Chau Doc - Phu QuocTheme: Relaxation, CulturalSuitable: Young Adults, CouplesHighlights
US $879$879 /pax
- Explore Mekong Delta’s river life while enjoying the peaceful vibes of nature charm and local residents
- Discover various ways of pleasure on stunning Phu Quoc beach: snorkeling, swimming, sun bathing, etc.
- Have the unique chance to experience the row boat tour along Mekong River
9.8Excellent - 2 reviewsAs I do not have enough time, this year I only could visit South Vietnam, with some… Selena - AustraliaHo Chi Minh City - Mekong Delta - Phu QuocTheme: Relaxation, NatureSuitable: Family with Kids, CouplesHighlights
US $477$477 /pax
- Explore an array of city attractions in Ho Chi Minh City - a vibrant metropolis that never sleeps
- Embark on an extraordinary journey to the world's most complicated river and canal system in the Mekong Delta
- Immerse in the breathtaking views of Phu Quoc Island with pristine beaches and lush landscapes
South Vietnam features two different seasons: Dry Season and Rain Season. Apparently, dry season (November - April) is the best time to visit this region since the weather is pleasant and dry, suitable for sightseeing.
If experiencing some raindrops is not a matter for you, the rainy season is even more perfect for enjoying the peaceful beauty of the Mekong Delta. After the downpours, the area possesses a lush, fresh attractiveness that will bring peace of mind to nature goers, and it’s best to take a Mekong Delta tour on a sampan rowed by locals through beautiful narrow canals.
Having both lively city vibe and serene countryside atmosphere, South Vietnam is a worth visiting region you should not miss:
- Vibrant urban energy: Experience the energetic life of Saigoneses in Ho Chi Minh City with chaotic traffic, and try various tasty street food at dynamic night markets.
- Famous historical spots: If you are a history lover, pay a visit to Reunification Palace, Cu Chi Tunnel, and War Remnants Museum to learn more about the brutal Vietnam War
- Peaceful countryside: Enjoy the calm life of the Mekong Delta on a sampan, then pass by local workshops to see how they make a living by producing traditional products.
- Pristine beaches with white sand: Phu Quoc island - A paradise for relaxation lovers with breathtaking beaches preserving beautiful coral reef areas, and a huge entertainment system VinWonders including safari, aquarium, and amusement park.
Generally, 5 - 10 days are quite perfect for a trip to South Vietnam as you will have to spend at least several days to discover this region. If you have more time, extending to the beach to relax is also an excellent choice:
- 4 - 5 days: The duration is enough for travelers to explore the two different aspects of the region: the ‘city that never sleeps’ Ho Chi Minh City and the tranquil Mekong Delta
- 6 - 8 days: You will have extra time to unwind in the untouched coastal areas, which have the most beautiful beaches in Vietnam
If you have enough time, both are worth visiting. But if you have to choose one, North Vietnam is best for adventure and culture lovers, while South Vietnam is calling for foodies and history enthusiasts.
Let’s take a quick look at the differences between the North and South.
Summer avg 33 - 38°C
Winter avg 10 - 19°C
|Year-round avg 27 - 30°C|
Rice terrace fields
Majestic bay & caves
|Food||Diverse cuisine||Street food, Fine dining, Michelin-starred|
|Culture||Hill tribes, Ethnic minorities||The Khmer, Chinese, Cham|
Everything considered, each region has its own charms and beauty. You should make up your mind on preference styles and choose the best time to visit each part of Vietnam.
Depending on the class you choose, the cost of a South Vietnam trip will range from US $60 - 200 /person /day. It’s quite affordable since you won’t have to take flights when getting around the region, and the main transportations here are cars, buses, and trains:
- Tight Budget: Standard Class (2* to 3* Hotels) - From US $60 - 80
- Mid-budget Option: First Class (4* Hotels) - From US $100 - 120
- Luxurious Experience: Deluxe Class (5* Hotel) - From US $140 - 180
Questions & Answers (29)
Hello, I will arrive in Vietnam on 11th Nov 2023 at Tan Son Nhat Airport. I am planning a trip for 6 days in Southern Vietnam (including HCMC, Cu Chi Tunnels, and Mekong Delta. Please advise. thank you
You can spend a 1 day in Hochiminh city, 1 day in Cu Chi Tunnel and around 4 days in Mekong Delta will suitable with your choice
I am planning an 8d7n trip to South Vietnam for my parents. Preferred 4* hotels. My parent is fond of light activities and wants to go to the beach. Mom wants to join in some traditional workshops so if you can include them, that would be great.
You can visit Hochiminh city, Mekong Delta and Phu Quoc Island will be very suitable with your trip. Our travel consultant will contact you through email for more information
Do you have any optional tours in Mui Ne for guests to spend their free days (day 6 - 7 in the 7 day package to the Central Vietnam)?
Yes there are some tour lịke jeep tour or visit island at Mui Ne is an optional tour and very suitable with your free day
Hi, we are planning a trip to Vietnam for 12 days, just to the North and South, and some last days of the journey extend to the beach. We are considering Phu Quoc or Mui Ne as the final destination - which of them are suitable for family with kids? we have 5 yo + 8 yo children
You should go for Phu Quoc as the beach there is more beautiful and not so crowded as Mui Ne so if you want to stay a few day and enjoy, Phu Quoc will be a better choice
we are planning to travel to Phu Quoc at the beginning of October, however this time coincides with the rainy season. Is Mui Ne a better choice for us?
You can visit Nha Trang or Da nang is also quiet nice if you want to travel in October