Discover the historical highlights of Ayutthaya by minivan and boat on this full day trip from Bangkok to the ancient capital of Thailand. You will see its rich cultural heritage, seeing whats remained of this ransacked city. In addition, you will explore the beauty of architecture in Bang-Pa-In palace known as Summer Palace - a magical place.
Historical Highlights of Ayutthaya Full day
- Explore the Bang Pa-In Summer Palace - a former royal palace built since Ayuthaya period
- Admire Thailand's history and cultural heritage
- Enjoy the fascinating sights along the Chao Praya River - “The River of Kings”
Itinerary Expand all
08:00 Pick up at your hotel in Bangkok center.
Departing from Bangkok, you first reach Bang Pa-In Palace - Summer Palace, boasting a mix of European, gothic and Thai-Buddhist architecture. Take the time to explore the charming temples, wander a circle around the lake with colourful tower and also admire the palace's architecture of unusual excellence.
Continue the trip with a short visit to Wat Yai Chai Mongkol - a temple said to have been built by King U-Thong as the place for monks returning from Sri Lanka to rest their heads on the eastern banks of the Pa Sak River.
Then take a short walk to Wat Phra Sri Sanphet - was the holiest temple on the site of the old Royal Palace in Thailand's ancient capital of Ayutthaya until the city was completely destroyed by the Burmese in 1767. You also have chance to visit Wat Mahathat - “the temple of the Great Relic” was one of the most important temples in the Ayutthaya Kingdom. It is a highly-sacred temple famous for its Lord Buddha relics and traditional style once used as a model for other temples in the ancient kingdom.
13:00 Enjoy lunch in a riverside restaurant with traditional Thai dishes while reveling in scenery of river.
Afterward, cruising along the Chao Phraya River by longtail boat to see the ruins, imagine once it was the charming and glory city in the past.
16:00 Get on car to head back Bangkok, reaching your hotel in Bangkok center.
- PROGRAMS & SCHEDULES SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE
Price & Inclusion
- 1 Lunch
- Air-con vehicle (Car / Van / Coach)
- Cruise ride
- English speaking guide
- Admission fee as mentioned in the program
- Personal expense
- Other things are not mentioned in program
- More than 7 days prior: 10% of total rates.
- From 4 to 7 days prior: 50% of total rates.
- Less than 3 days prior: 100% of total rates.
- No-Show: 100% of total rates.
- Child under 2 year old: FREE of charge, limit 1 child/ booking
- Child from 2 - 10 year old: 75% charge
- Child from 11 year & above: 100% adult rate
- Itinerary 10
- Food/Drink 9
- Tour guide 10
- Enter/act 9
- Transportation 9
Amazing experience! Thanks to this company we were able to explore the beauties of Ayutthaya. The transportation, guide, food and activities were so good. Thanks to Tansy who made our trip perfect!!