Discover an amazing chapter of Thai history get a guided tour of the mysterious Jim Thompson House in this tour. See the enigmatic American architect's extensive collection of Thai art, explore his beautifully self-designed house, surrounded by lush jungle foliage in the heart of Bangkok, and uncover an extraordinary story of one man's influence on a nation.
Jim Thompson House & Museum half day
Itinerary Expand all
Morning time: 09:00-12:00 or Afternoon time: 13:00-16:00
Picking you up at meeting point: BTS Siam Exit 6 in Bangkok, meet up the local tourguide then transfer to Jim Thompson House & Museum sits on a klong (canal) across from Bangkrua.
Located in Bangkok center, Jim Thompson house attract the traveller by the story about the american who known as "Ledgendary American of Thailand". Jim Thompson was the legendary American architect-entrepreneur who settled in Thailand after WWII and almost single-handedly revived the moribund silk industry.
Visit Thompson's pièce de résistance which is the home he lived in before his mysterious disappearance in 1967. For now it's a museum dedicated to his life and his incredible art collection. The informative and professional guide guide will take you from room to room, show you the mysterious stories about him and giving you the inside scoop on the architect's lasting influence on Thai culture.
Back to your hotel in Bangkok. Say goodbye!
- PROGRAMS & SCHEDULES SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE
Price & Inclusion
- Air-con vehicle (Car / Van / Coach)
- English speaking guide
- Admission fee as mentioned in the program
- Personal expense
- Other things are not mentioned in program
- More than 7 days prior: 10% of total rates.
- From 4 to 7 days prior: 50% of total rates.
- Less than 3 days prior: 100% of total rates.
- No-Show: 100% of total rates.
- Child under 2 year old: FREE of charge, limit 1 child/ booking
- Child from 2 - 10 year old: 75% charge
- Child from 11 year & above: 100% adult rate
- Itinerary 10
- Food/Drink 9
- Tour guide 10
- Enter/act 10
- Accomodations 9
The story of Jim Thomson, the architecture of his house in a verdious garden and his art collection makes this place worth a visit.
Pong, our tour guide, thanks to his knowledge and humour, make our tour was really fun and interesting.