10 Best Mekong Cruises to Vietnam and Cambodia 2023
Mekong river, Vietnam & Cambodia: Ho Chi Minh City - Phnom Penh - Siem ReapSpa/ FitnessWhy book?
- “Mekong Delta” themed dinner introduces the innovation of Vietnamese cuisine
- Luxury lounge, library and wonderful La Vie spa are available
- Exciting cultural activities are taken place on board
34 cabins - Metal Ship - Launched in 2019$1,584 /pax
- 4 nights, 7 nights
9.1Excellent - 11 reviewsThe journey is fairly leisurely, with stops at little villages, silversmiths, and… Mr. Joshua - ArgentinaMekong Delta- Phnom Penh- Siem RiepSpa/ FitnessWhy book?
- Cozy boutique boat with maximum 16 passengers
- Cabins with Cambodian style décor
- Signature Cambodian cuisine served during the trip
8 cabins - Wooden Boat - Launched in 2014$577 /pax
- 2 nights, 2 nights, 3 nights, 3 nights
- Elder, Senior, Culture Vulture
9.1Excellent - 21 reviewsWe had a wonderful time on the Mekong River tour on this lovely boat with our fantastic… Ms. Patricia Lindsay - GermanyMekong Delta Vietnam- Phnom Penh- Siem RiepObservatoryWhy book?
- Cozy boat with classic décor in nature materials
- Tranquil library & lounge available
- 24-hour bar
14 cabins - Metal Boat - Launched in 2009$2,458 /pax
- 8 nights, 8 nights
- Elder, Senior, Culture Vulture
1. Which direction is best for Mekong Cruise from Vietnam to Cambodia?
Mekong Cruises from Vietnam to Cambodia offer 2 different directions: upstream (from Vietnam) or downstream (from Cambodia). Some people prefer downstream cruises because of flight to Siem Reap is easier to find and book. So it depends on your plan and available tickets you can choose any direction because they offer similar experiences and visiting places.
2. How do I arrange visa for cruise between Vietnam & Cambodia on Mekong River?
Each country offers a different visa policy, for the cruise between Vietnam and Cambodia, we will separate to two different routes:
- Upstream: You can get both Vietnam & Cambodia visas on arrival with an approval letter for Vietnam and pay stamp fees at the airport or river border.
- Downstream: You can get a Cambodia visa on arrival when you arrive for a Vietnam visa (since you could not get a visa on arrival at the border, so you need to make a visa before arriving). We could support you to do an urgent visa at Vietnam Embassy in Cambodia with fees of 85 USD if you don't have a visa before arriving.
I hope this information will help you to know how to do it or please contact our travel consultant if you need more help.
3. What is the best Mekong river cruise from Vietnam to Cambodia?
There are nearly 20 cruises in the Mekong River run between Vietnam & Cambodia from budget to luxury options. The best cruise is depend on your wish, below is some of my suggestion:
- Best boutique Mekong cruise Vietnam Cambodia: Jayavarman Cruise (Price from $300++/person/night)
- Best Luxury cruise: Aqua Mekong Cruise (price from 900++/person/night)
- Best value cruise: RV Mekong Prestige II Cruise (price from 300 ++/person/night)
I hope you can find your best option or contact our travel consultant to find a suitable one.
Questions & Answers (34)
Hi, looking for a price on a river cruise for Feb 2024. 8 days from Siem Reap to Ho Chi Minh for 3 adults. Can you recommend please and inform me of price. We are looking at around $3000aud each. Thank you
We will looking for available and send you detail via email.
I stay in Phnom Pen at the moment (right now) and would like to go by cruise ship to Ho Chi Minh City. Can I do it with you? Do you know another company if you don't go? Thanks
Yes of course. For cruise may I know your budget and number of person so I could find option for you.
We would like to book a 3 nights cruise from Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Phen. Departure date is 8th of july. Is there anyone aviable? Thank you
Current we have option with Mekong Eyes Explorer, Victoria Mekong and Jahan Cruise, will send you available date and rate via email.
I am looking for cruise from Saigon to Phnom Penh in early Oct, do you have any option?
Most the cruise start operating from Nov, can you move date?
What is meeting point of Jahan Cruise before trip? We will take 5 days from PHN - Siem Reap start 11 Oct 2022. Thanks
Meeting point of Jahan Cruise for upstream will be Phnompenh International Pier (meeting time will be 7.30 AM). Please kindly well note for coming pier on time. Thank you!