Bangkok Airport to Pattaya Bus: Best Way to Travel
Pattaya is a sea city just less than 150km from the capital, so Thai tourists often combine both of these locations in the same trip. From Bangkok Airport to Pattaya, there are many options to transfer such as car, motorbike, and bus. Bus is the best way to travel from Bangkok Airport to Pattaya, let's learn the reason why in this article.
1. Bangkok Airport to Pattaya Travel Time & Duration
Bangkok to Pattaya is about 120km away and takes about 1.5 - 2 hours to drive, depending on traffic and car type. There are 2 popular routes to transfer from Bangkok Airport to Pattaya:
- Route 1: Via National Road: the most popular way and save traveling time.
- Route 2: Via National Road 34 & 7: this route takes a longer transfer time but sometimes is a choice because there are many car transfers on National Road 7, and get stuck due to traffic jams.
Bangkok Airport to Pattaya travel time & duration
2. Best Buses From Bangkok Airport to Pattaya
If traveling from Suvarnabhumi Airport Bangkok to Pattaya, there are 3 bus companies that are the most popular choice, including 12 Go, Bell Travel and Roong Reuang Coach. Travel time is about 2 hours.
Get off the plane and you will see ticket sales to Pattaya
Online Bus from Bangkok Airport to Pattaya
12 Go is a reliable website for booking transfers online, with numerous routes across Asia countries, such as Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, and Thailand. Due to the convenience and time-saving, the brand becomes common for backpackers and budget travelers.
CLICK HERE to book a bus transfer online:
- Bus Transfer from Bangkok to Pattaya:
- Bus Transfer from Bangkok Airport (Suvarnabhumi) to Pattaya:
Roong Reuang Coach from Bangkok Airport to Pattaya
This car company is considered to be cheap, with a lot of running time, but the car is not as beautiful and comfortable as Bell Travel, does not drop guests at the hotel but stops at the office on Thappraya Street or opposite Big C South Pattaya or opposite Bangkok Pattaya Hospital on Sukhumvit Road. So after getting off the bus you still have to catch another taxi to get back to the hotel.
- Ticket price: 130 baht (~90,000 VND)
- Schedule to run from Suvarnabhumi Airport - Pattaya: 5:30, 6:30, 7:00 - 22:00, every 1 hour, 18 buses per day
- Pattaya - Suvarnabhumi airport schedule: 7:00 - 9:00 PM, 1 hour 1 bus, a total of 15 buses
- Ticket purchase and departure point: Gate 8, 1st floor, arrival hall of Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok or its office on Thappraya Pattaya Road, opposite Pan Pan Pattaya restaurant
Roong Reuang Coach bus
Inside Roong Reuang Coach bus
Bell Travel Bus Transfer from Bangkok Airport to Pattaya
This bus company to Pattaya from Suvarnabhumi Bangkok Airport is also selected by many customers as well as the above Roong Reuang Coach, although the fare is more expensive than an uncle. The reason is that Bell Travel's car is beautiful and newer, drop off at hotels in Pattaya including the north, south, central Pattaya and the Na Kluea, Chomtian, Khao Phratamnak areas. You will be picked up by a 10 seater van to a transfer point near the airport then take a 36 seat car ride and when you arrive in Pattaya you will be able to take a 10 seat car ride to the hotel.
- Ticket price 280 baht (~200,000VND)
- Schedule for Suvarnabhumi Airport - Pattaya: 8am, 10am, 12pm, 14h, 16h, 18h
- Schedule for Pattaya - Suvarnabhumi Airport: 6am, 9am, 11am, 13pm, 15h, 17h, 19h
- Buying and departure point: Gate 7, 1st-floor arrival hall of Suvarnabhumi Airport, watch the staff holding Bell Travel Service sign or your hotel in Pattaya
Bell Travel bus
Hopefully, with information on the best way to travel from Bangkok Airport to Pattaya, you will not have to hesitate when choosing the means of transport for this trip.
Image sources: Internet
Questions & Answers (4)
Can you pay with a credit card?
Hi! If you book online through links in this article, you can pay by cards.
Hi, does the coach drop off at North Pattaya Bus Terminal or only Jomtien and is there transport into Soi Buakao ? please.
Hi! Usually, the coach drops off passengers at Jomtien or Pattaya Transfer. After that, you can catch a taxi or tuk-tuk, or book a private car to take you to Soi Buakao.
Why time the last bus depart from Bkk terminal for Pattaya beach on November 8th?
Hi! Usually the last bus from BKK terminal to Pattaya (Jomtien bus station) is around 8.00 p.m.; however, you should check directly with bus providers if there's any change for their bus schedule on November 8th and also book the bus in advance.
What time does the last bus leave Jomtien to suvarnabhumi airport
Hi! The last bus from Jomtien bus station to Suvarnabhumi airport is usually depart at 8.00 p.m. You can buy the ticket in advance online or buy directly at the station, the price is around 130 - 150 Baht/seat.