Pattaya - Food & Drink
Pattaya's cuisine still has many unique characteristics, especially with dishes made from seafood. Here are some Pattaya street food that you should try
1. Som Tam
This is a dish in Pattaya that is famous all over the world. It originates from Northeastern Thailand.
Som Tam's main ingredient is unripe papaya. Next, is the mixed water made from lemon juice, lemon zest plus spices such as sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce, Thai chili, making Som Tam a crispy, sour, sweet, spicy taste in Thai cuisine. To increase the deliciousness of the dish, people often mix papaya with dried shrimp, salt crab, and sprinkle with peanuts on top to make this salad more attractive.
Good places to eat Son Tam in Pattaya
- Paprapai Restaurant: Moo 5, Soi Nakluea 18, Pattaya-Naklua Road, Pattaya. This is a very suitable restaurant for vegetarians because the dishes made from plants here are very diverse and attractive, especially the famous Som Tam of Thailand.
- Sompoi Restaurant: 151/18 Moo 9, Soi Sukhumvit 49, South Pattaya. The most famous dish of the restaurant is Som Tam which is processed in many different styles with an average price of 50 baht per salad.
- Khao Tom Prajanban: Opposite Foodland, Central Pattaya Road. This is a place specializing in serving Thai dishes which are rated by tourists as delicious, cheap, and quality.
Making Som Tam
2. Yum Woon Sen
Yum Woon Sen is one of the most popular Pattaya appetizers in Thailand. This is essentially a stir-fried Mien with meat such as pork, chicken or beef, accompanied by vegetables and mashed peanuts. Yum Woon Sen is especially popular with women because the main ingredients are low in fat, and good for health, so it is suitable for those who are on diet.
Good places to eat Yum Woon Sen in Pattaya
- MAYs Urban Thai Dine: 315/73 Thepprasit Road, Jomtien (opposite KTB Bank). This is an outdoor restaurant that brings typical Thai dishes prepared meticulously and methodically, the most famous of which is Yum Woon Sen.
- Five Star J Vegetarian Restaurant: 313/37 South Pattaya Road. The restaurant is suitable for vegetarian customers.
3. Pad Krapow Moo Saap
The main ingredient of Pad Krapow Moo Saap is minced pork, stir-fried with chili, garlic, green beans, onions, soy sauce and oyster sauce. In addition, to add a specific flavor, people also add basil and garnish an extra piece of fried egg. As a popular dish in Pattaya in general and in Thailand in particular, Pad Krapow Moo Saap is sold in many places on the streets and in restaurants.
Good places to eat Pad Krapow Moo Saap
- Tree Tales Cafe: 69/15 Moo 5, Pattaya-Naklua Road opposite Soi 10, Pattaya. This is a cafe cum restaurant with many typical Thai dishes.
- Sealy Kitchen: 333/109 Soi Paniadchang, Pattaya. One of the restaurants that won the hearts of customers thanks to the courteous service style, spacious and comfortable restaurant space, accompanied by Thai-style dishes prepared very sophisticated and full of heart.
Eating Yum Woon Sen in Sealy Kitchen
4. Gai Yang With Khao Niao
The main ingredient of this attractive dish is grilled chicken and sticky rice. Gai Yang with Khao Niao is often served with som tam. With this combination, you will have a good Thai meal, especially for those who do not like spicy food.
Good places to eat Gai Yang with Khao Niao
- La Ferme: 164/1 Moo 5 Pattaya-Naklua Road. This is a Western-style restaurant but also serves a lot of typical Thai dishes, including Gai Yang with Khao Niao, which is also one of the restaurant's most attractive dishes.
5. Pad Thai
Pad Thai is the main dish in Thai cuisine, actually, this is a fried noodle dish that looks quite simple. However, it is a famous delicacy known by many visitors.
Good places to eat Pad Thai
- Stand by Mai Thai Cuisine: 157 / 84-85 Moo 5 Pattaya Naklua Road, Pattaya. This is a great place to enjoy Western-style food and even the most typical Thai food, among them Pad Thai.
- MAYs Urban Thai Dine: 315/73 Thepprasit Road, Jomtien, Pattaya (opposite KTB bank). One of the best Thai food restaurants in Pattaya with a professional processing style.
Pad Thai on the street of Pattaya
6. Khao Tom
This is a Pattaya dish made from rice, cooked with chicken, pork, shrimp, seafood, or whatever you like to sweeten the dish.
Good places to eat Khao Tom
- Khao Tom I.M.F: 15/3 Moo 5, Pattaya – Na Kluea Road, Na Kluea Subdistrict, Pattaya.
- Khao Tom Prajanban: Pattaya-Klang street, opposite Foodland Supermarket, Pattaya Klang