When you are planning to travel to a foreign country, a visa is a legal document that you will need to have to be allowed to enter the nation. Thailand’s government offers up to 9 different kinds of visas for foreigners, such as Tourist Visa, Work Visa, Student Visa, Business Visa, etc. People who want to visit Thailand for traveling will have to possess a tourist visa, and if you are worrying about how to get a Thailand Tourist visa, this article is for you.
Thailand Tourist Visa
1. Thailand Visa exemption
In order to develop tourism, Thailand has extended visa-free stays for tourism purposes only. Therefore, tourists in some countries can travel to Thailand without a visa for no longer than 30 days. The table below shows the list of 64 countries:
|1. Andorra||17. Germany||33. Luxembourg||49. Qatar|
|2. Argentina (90 days)||18. Greece||34. Macau||50. Russia|
|3. Australia||19. Hong Kong||35. Malaysia||51. San Marino|
|4. Austria||20. Hungary||36. Maldives||52. Singapore|
|5. Bahrain||21. Iceland||37. Mauritius||53. Slovak Republic|
|6. Belgium||22. Indonesia||38. Myanmar (14 days only)||54. Slovenia|
|7. Brazil (30 and 90 days)||23. Ireland||39. Monaco||55. South Africa|
|8. Brunei||24. Israel||40. Mongolia||56. Spain|
|9. Cambodia (14 days only)||25. Italy||41. Netherlands||57. Sweden|
|10. Canada||26. Japan||42. New Zealand||58. Switzerland|
|11. Chile (90 days)||27. Korea (30 and 90 days)||43. Norway||59. Turkey|
|12. Czech Republic||28. Kuwait||44. Oman||60. Ukraine|
|13. Denmark||29. Laos||45. Peru (30 and 90 days)||61. United Arab Emirates|
|14. Estonia||30. Latvia||46. Philippines||62. United Kingdom|
|15. Finland||31. Liechtenstein||47. Poland||63. United States|
|16. France||32. Lithuania||48. Portugal||64. Vietnam|
- Prepare your exit ticket - proof that you will leave Thailand after 30 days, in case you can be asked.
- Your passport is still valid for six months.
- The Thai government has removed the Covid Insurance policy for travelers who have Visa exemptions - you don’t need to bring COVID Insurance for Foreigners as proof of Thailand pass.
2. Apply for a Thailand Visa step by step
The validity of a tourist visa is three months or six months. Follow is the procedure for Thailand tourist visa application:
Step 1: Contact the Royal Thailand Embassy in your country
You can apply for a visa by contacting the Royal Thailand Embassy/ Royal Thai Consulate-General. However, if there is no embassy or consulate near you, get help through a visa application agency or the travel company that you intend to book their Thailand tours.
Step 2: Prepare the required documents
- Valid passport not less than six months
- Your photo (was taken within the past six months)
- Your air ticket (paid in full) as evidence of exiting Thailand after the exemption period
- Adequate finance proof (20,000 Baht/ person and 40,000 Baht/ family, in USD, each traveler have to possess about USD $583, and USD $1165 for family).
Step 3: Submit your application depending on your embassy or consulate.
Step 4: Wait for the embassy/ consulate to process your application and receive your visa after being approved.