Halal Food in Hanoi: Top 10+ Best Restaurant
One of the best things about travelling in Hanoi is enjoying food from around the world. Halal cuisine is a diverse and unique cuisine with dishes prepared carefully and strictly. Although in your city, Muslim-friendly restaurants are not thriving, you can still enjoy Halal food at some best restaurant in Hanoi here.
- About HALAL foods in Hanoi
- Principles, regulations and standards for identification of HALAL foods in Hanoi
- Some best Halal Restaurants In Hanoi to check out
- 1. D'Lions restaurant Hanoi
- 2. Dalcheeni restaurant
- 3. Red House Restaurant
- 4. Halal Grill & Gravy restaurant
- 5. Nan N Kabab
- 6. Namaste Hanoi
- 7. Khaazana Indian Restaurant
- 8. Tandoor Modern Indian Cuisine
- 9 Dalcheeni Restaurant
- 10. 1001 Nights Restaurant
- 11. Grills & Gravy
- 12. Handi Restaurant
- 13. PK Spice Restaurant
About HALAL foods in Hanoi
Thanks to the advantages of hygiene and food safety, the demand for HALAL food in the world is increasing, not only among Muslims but also non-Muslims. Global trade in HALAL foods is now estimated at US $ 80 billion, accounting for about 12% of global agricultural and food trade. According to a recent study by Puerto Rico Polytechnic University, USA, the Muslim population in 2010 was 1.65 billion, accounting for 24% and is expected to account for 25% of the world's population by 2020.
The increase in population and income of HALAL food consumers have also been making the HALAL food trade grow rapidly. Therefore, it is essential to care about the value and importance of the HALAL food market in Hanoi, Vietnam.
The demand for HALAL food in the world is increasing, not only among Muslims but also non-Muslims now
Principles, regulations and standards for identification of HALAL foods in Hanoi
"HALAL food" is "allowed" food and drink according to Islamic Law and in accordance with the characteristics of the language called "Halal". BUt you need to guarantee general standard:
- Products must not contain any ingredients prohibited by Islamic law.
- Products must not come into contact with any means, equipment from materials that Islamic law does not allow, or do not accept during preparation, processing, transportation and storage.
- During the preparation, processing, transportation and storage of such products, they must not be exposed to any nutritious food from materials that Islamic Law does not accept.
More specific about ingredients is allowed: According to Islamic law, all food and food sources are HALAL. Except for food made from the following animals will not be accepted and not allowed
- All species of pigs and wild bears.
- All kinds of dogs, snakes and monkeys.
- Every predator has claws and front teeth such as lions, tigers, bears and other similar species.
- Birds of prey such as eagles, vultures and other similar birds.
- Pests such as mice, rodents, scorpions and other similar species.
- Animals that cannot be killed according to Islamic law such as ants, bees and woodpeckers.
- The animals both live on land and live underwater. Amphibians such as frogs, crocodiles, and other similar species.
- Any marine species without scales (harmful and toxic).
- Any animal is not slaughtered according to Islamic law.
- Animal blood or food mixed with animal blood.
- Any animal that lives in the sea and cannot hunt, catch according to Islamic law.
- All organic foods and vegetables are allowed. Except for those involving harmful ingredients, alcohol or intoxicants.
- Alcohol and any harmful and intoxicating drinks are not considered Haram foods.
- As for food additives, all food additives made from the ingredients mentioned above are considered unacceptable.
The Slaughter of animals complies with Islamic law
- Slaughter of animals must be done by honest Muslims, aware of the Islamic way of slaughtering.
- Animals slaughtered must be in accordance with Islamic law.
- Before killing, an animal must live and the living symptom must exist in that animal.
- Meat after surgery must be hung upside down to bleed out. HALAL meat is bloodless meat.
Necessary conditions, or obligations for HALAL foods
- HALAL logo of HALAL Food Certification Authority. Or similar symbols must be on the label.
- HALAL food certification must remain valid.
- HALAL foods are not allowed to be produced, transported, stored in a factory, or production line that co-produce, transport, and store HARAM raw materials and food (prohibited), unless supervised by Muslims in all production and handling processes
- Any equipment and equipment used in the production, transportation, storage of HARAM food must be washed, dried according to Islamic Law when used for HALAL food. Islamic supervisors will monitor all this process.
- HALAL food certificates are only valid for a certain period of time. Upon the expiration, the applicant must re-apply and all examinations will be performed again as before.
HALAL food" is "allowed" food and drink according to Islamic Law and in accordance with the characteristics of the language called "Halal
Some best Halal Restaurants In Hanoi to check out
Now, check out the top 5 best halal restaurants in Hanoi, Vietnam to start your adventure!
1. D'Lions restaurant Hanoi
D'Lions restaurant is located on Le Duan street. This restaurant has a modern, cozy design with views of Hanoi Railway Station. Thanks to its location, it attracts a lot of diners. Coming to this Halal Restaurants, you not only have the opportunity to enjoy Singaporean and Malaysian dishes such as grilled beef, grilled fish with mango sauce, spring rolls and frog porridge, you can also enjoy Halal food exclusively. for Islam. The dishes are made in compliance with the Islamic food processing rules mentioned above. On the other hand, D'Lions restaurant offers professional, high-quality services, including travel and delivery. In particular, they have friendly staff.
- Location: Ground & 8th floor of Cosiana Hotel 92 Le Duan street, Hanoi
- Phone: +84 4394 11208
This restaurant has a modern, cozy design with views of Hanoi Railway Station
2. Dalcheeni restaurant
In fact, literally, Dal Daleneeni is a spice called cinnamon in some parts of the world. At this fine-dining restaurant, gourmets can find authentic Indian royal specialities. A good example is Indian Kababs and curries provided by royal chronicles. Upon coming to this unique catch restaurant, diners can start with dishes cooked using techniques inherited by the Mauryan dynasty (300BC) and optimized over centuries - Clay furnaces and coal fire.
On the menu of Dalcheeni restaurant, there are many dishes that you can not resist. In particular, such dishes as Dal Shorbedar, Tamatar Tulsi Shorba, Allahabadi Samosa, Hara Kabab, Murgh Ke Parche, Shammi Kabab, Paneer Tikka, etc. With good food, professional service, and affordable prices, make sure you will not only visit Dalcheeni restaurant once, but you will come back more when enjoying delicious food in Dalcheeni.
- Address: 100 Xuan Dieu (Xuan Xuan street), Tay Ho district (Tay Ho district), Hanoi
- Phone: (08:00) 43 266 8453
At this fine-dining restaurant, gourmets can find authentic Indian royal specialties
3. Red House Restaurant
Red House is a chain of restaurants located in Ho Chi Minh and Hanoi. They specialize in Singaporean cuisine, especially seafood. So, why is it listed as one of the best halal restaurants in Hanoi? That's because of the abundance of dishes that are considered national dishes of Singapore such as Chilli Crab, Frog Congee, Black Pepper Crab, and other typical specialities of Singapore. In particular, a mass of food here is prepared by Singaporean chefs with skillful cooking techniques and all ingredients are of high standard.
Therefore, if you are looking for a great restaurant that offers unique, interesting culinary experiences, Red House is a good choice.
- Address: no. 6A Ham Long Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi city, Vietnam
- Phone: 04.39449812 / 04.39449813
- Opening hours: Mon-Sun: 9:30 AM – 2:00 PM and 4:30 PM – 9:30 PM
Red House is a chain of restaurants located in Ho Chi Minh and Hanoi
4. Halal Grill & Gravy restaurant
If Halal food fans are missing out on trying out great food in Halal Grill & Gravy restaurant, that would be a big mistake. Halal Grill & Gravy restaurant is definitely worth a try when you are in the capital of Vietnam. If you are looking for a restaurant with great food and great service, Halal Grill & Gravy restaurant is a good choice. Halal Grill & Gravy restaurant is located in the heart of Hanoi's city center, Grill & Gravy is one of the best multi-cuisine restaurants serving Indian, Middle Eastern and Chinese cuisine. You will enjoy them right here in Hanoi without having to go thousands of miles to.
Because Halal Grill & Gravy restaurant offers Halal-standard ingredients, you will never be disappointed with this restaurant's food. You should enjoy chicken tikka masala, Rogan josh or chicken shahi korma. Spending a day at Grill & Gravy is a great thing to experience true Muslim cuisine in Hanoi.
- Address: No. 65, Hang Bun, Quan Thanh, Ba Dinh, Hanoi.
- Tel: (+84) 24 3512 3666
Halal Grill & Gravy restaurant is definitely worth a try when you are in the capital of Vietnam
5. Nan N Kabab
Discover Afghani, Pakistani and Middle Eastern flavours at Nan N Kebab. This unique halal style restaurant will delight you with true halal food. Thanks to the surrounding greenery and vines, this restaurant impresses diners with a relaxed atmosphere.
The menu of Nan N Kabab is quite simple. in it, must mention grilled kebab and grilled naan. They are very popular in the Muslim community as well as foreigners and will certainly please you. Other great options you should try are charcoal-grilled meat, freshly baked Nan bread, Karahi meat, hot and cold appetizers, hot and cold drinks, and a variety of options from Ala Carte Menu. Moreover; Competitive prices make Nan N Kabab become a favourite restaurant for tourists when having the opportunity to visit Hanoi.
- Address: 49 Xuan Dieu Street (phố Xuân Diệu), Tay Ho district (quận Tây Hồ), Hanoi
- Tel: (+84) 24 62583580
- Opening hours: Breakfast: 9:30 AM – 2:30 PM (Mon – Sun), Dinner: 5:00 PM – 9:30 PM (Mon – Fri), Dinner: 5:00 PM – 10:30 PM (Sun)
Nan N Kebab is unique halal style restaurant will delight you with true halal food
6. Namaste Hanoi
This restaurant is one of the best Halal restaurant in Hanoi. The restaurant offers a menu of dishes inspired by Hyderabad and Gujarat. One of the dishes you should definitely try is crispy appalam (lentil cracker). In addition, you should also try the curry of northern India to hot and spicy dishes in southern India.
If you do not have much time to come and enjoy delicious food here, Namaste Hanoi is happy to offer free and fast delivery in Hanoi city.
- Address: 46 Tho Nhuom Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi.
- Opening hours:
- Breakfast: 11:00 AM – 2:30 PM (Mon – Sun), Dinner: 6:00 PM – 10:30 PM (Mon – Sun)
The restaurant offers a menu of dishes inspired by Hyderabad and Gujarat
7. Khaazana Indian Restaurant
One of the great Halal restaurants in Hanoi is Khazaana. In fact, Khaazana Indian Restaurant is one of the oldest Indian restaurants in Hanoi since 1992. The restaurant offers a menu with the best Indian cuisine including South Indian, Desi Indian Food, Authentic Indian food, and Mugla are cooked by five Indian Chefs. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian Indian foods are available in Khaazana Indian Restaurant. Therefore, Khaazana Indian Restaurant is one of the best options for families.
When you come to this restaurant, you must try some all-time favourite dishes such as Goan Fish Curry, fiery Chicken Vindaloo, Bhuna Mutton
- Address: 34 Duong Thanh Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi.
- Opening hours: Mon, Thu, Fri: 11:30 AM – 10:30 PM; Tue, Wed: 11:30 AM – 2:00 PM and 5:30 PM – 10:30 PM; Sat, Sun: 10:30 AM – 2:00 PM and 5:30 PM – 10:30 PM
Khaazana Indian Restaurant is one of the oldest Indian restaurants in Hanoi since 1992
8. Tandoor Modern Indian Cuisine
Tandoor Modern Indian Cuisine was founded in 1999 by two brothers from Bangalore. The restaurant is known as a creative and traditional Indian food offering balanced by a variety of exotic spices. Tandoor Modern Indian Cuisine offers a perfect blend of North and South Indian specialities. Therefore, they can make you feel memorable dishes here. This Halal restaurant in Hanoi also offers diners a variety of vegetarian dishes to choose from.
The warm atmosphere of Tandoor can make you enjoy the food here. When you come to Tandoor, you definitely have to try 'Tandoori Chicken', a grilled chicken with a warm sweet spice that makes a great mixture.
- Address: 24 Hang Be Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi
- Opening hours: 10:30 AM – 10:30 PM
Tandoor Modern Indian Cuisine was founded in 1999 by two brothers from Bangalore
9 Dalcheeni Restaurant
There is no denying that Dalcheeni is an elegant Indian restaurant. It is located along a lake considered by many to be one of the luxurious views right in the middle of Hanoi. The restaurant is decorated with soft lighting and funny wall designs. Therefore, it is true to say that this restaurant is the best place to enjoy the true taste of India. If you need to find a place to experience completely unique Indian cuisine in Hanoi, Dalcheeni Restaurant is not a bad choice.
Dalcheeni is not exactly a place for casual dining, it is a place to experience Indian cuisine. The restaurant serves authentic Indian Royal cuisine with carefully selected spices and flavours. A popular choice for appetizers like bread, rice and drinks including goan fish curry, daal fry and jeera rice and mango lassi. They also serve Halal food. All the ingredients for the dishes here are imported from India and cooked in clay furnaces and charcoal fire - a technique inherited by the Mauryan dynasty (300BC), by skilful Indian cooks and Vietnam.
Address: 100 Xuan Dieu Street, Quang An Ward, Tay Ho District, Hanoi.
There is no denying that Dalcheeni is an elegant Indian restaurant
10. 1001 Nights Restaurant
This Halal restaurant in Hanoi was established after the famous series "one thousand a night". Founded in October 2015 and located in the heart of Tay Ho, Hanoi West Lake, 1001 Nights Restaurant offers unique cuisine such as the best restaurant specializing in food for Muslims. You can enjoy the full Arab cuisine experience by enjoying sumptuous Mediterranean traditional dishes like Kebab BBQ, Halloumi Cheese Grill, Cheese Rolls, and more.
This restaurant is an ideal place to enjoy cozy moments with family, friends and loved ones in an elegant yet warm atmosphere.
- Address: 37 Xuan Dieu, Quang An Ward, Tay Ho District, Hanoi.
- Opening hour: 10:00 AM - 12:00 AM
This Halal restaurant in Hanoi was established after the famous series "one thousand a night"
11. Grills & Gravy
Grills & Gravy is located in the heart of the center of Hanoi. This restaurant offers great service with a great atmosphere. Grills & Gravy serves all Indian, Chinese and Middle Eastern cuisines with pride of quality. Grills & Gravy offers interesting kebabs, biryanis, curries, naans and more fresh and healthy meals. So don't miss out on their great food.
Try their delicious chicken or lamb when you have a chance to drop by
- Address: 65 Hang Bun, Quan Thanh Ward, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi.
- Opening hours: Saturday - Thursday, 11 am - 11 pm, Friday, 11 am - 12.15 pm, 1.15pm - 11pm
Grills & Gravy is located in the heart of the center of Hanoi with a great atmospher
12. Handi Restaurant
Handi Restaurant desires to bring delicious, balanced and healthy meals. Handi restaurant was established by Pakistanis in the center of Hanoi. This unique restaurant offers a variety of cuisines including Indian, Vietnamese, Pakistani, Afghani, Arabic and Middle Eastern cuisine. They are also known for vegetarian dishes like grilled karahi vegetables, masala feet, pakora vegetables, vegetable samosa, halal foods, and more.
At Handi Restaurant, you can enjoy the soothing and elegant atmosphere. In particular, you do not have to wait long to enjoy great food.
Address: 50 To Ngoc Van, Quang An Ward, Tay Ho District, Hanoi.
Handi Restaurant desires to bring delicious, balanced and healthy meals. Handi restaurant was established by Pakistanis in the center of Hanoi
13. PK Spice Restaurant
PK Spice Restaurant is located in the center of Hanoi. This Indian restaurant serves the best with most Indian dishes. You will also enjoy the best Middle Eastern dishes with many dishes made from chicken and lamb with traditional Indian and Middle Eastern recipes. In fact, PK Spice Restaurant attracts a large number of foreign tourists.
Address: 10 Hang Manh Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi.
PK Spice Restaurant is located in the centre of Hanoi which serves the best with most Indian dishes
With the above suggestion, you will definitely have a perfect Halal meal. Enjoy the food in the restaurants above to make your Hanoi tour better.
Image sources: Internet