An excursion from Bangkok to Kanchanaburi and the River Kwai is a great way to experience the natural environment and culture of Thailand, and to discover the region’s history in the past. Joining in this tour to deeply understand about the stories behind the peace today.
River Kwai & Hell Fire Pass Full day
- Crossing the bridge over the River Kwai and sightseeing the scenery on the both side of river
- Taking a train ride on the Death Railway - the unique experience in Kanchanaburi
- Hiking through Hellfire Pass and visit the Hellfire Memorial
Itinerary Expand all
07:00 Meet the local tourguide at your hotel in Bangkok.
Start your full day trip to the highlights of Kanchanaburi province and memorial sites with the first stop at the Bridge over the River Kwai - 2 hours driving. To built this bridge, many prisoners died under appalling conditions and the line became known as the 'Death Railway'.
Afterward, keep going to Thai-Burma Railway Museum and War Cemetery to commemorate the thousands of prisoners who died in World War 2.
Depart from River Kwai Bridge, you will have oppotunity to take a train ride on a death railway. You’ll get great views as the train slows when passing by the river and the cliffs.
12:00 Lunch will be served at a local restaurant with authentic Thai dishes.
After lunch, take a short visit to Hellfire Pass Memorial Museum. You'll learn about the life and death of prisoners of war, as well a see artifacts from people who passed through the area.
17:00 Get on car to head back to your hotel in Bangkok. Say goodbye!
- PROGRAMS & SCHEDULES SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE
Price & Inclusion
- 1 Lunch
- Car, Train
- Air-con vehicle (Car / Van / Coach)
- Train ride
- English speaking guide
- Admission fee as mentioned in the program
- Personal expense
- Other things are not mentioned in program
- More than 7 days prior: 10% of total rates.
- From 4 to 7 days prior: 50% of total rates.
- Less than 3 days prior: 100% of total rates.
- No-Show: 100% of total rates.
- Child under 2 year old: FREE of charge, limit 1 child/ booking
- Child from 2 - 10 year old: 75% charge
- Child from 11 year & above: 100% adult rate
- Itinerary 9
- Food/Drink 9
- Tour guide 10
- Enter/act 9
- Transportation 9
Not to be missed if you are in the area. Museum, photos and interesting texts with a short 10-minute film will
Thank to our tour guide's knowledge and enthusiasm, helps you to understand about history of region.