10 Best Fine-dining Restaurants in Vietnam 2023
TripAdvisor - the most reputable travel website - has just announced the top list of the best fine-dining restaurants in Vietnam for this year. All the high-end restaurants listed were in the most popular destinations in Vietnam such as Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Da Nang, Hoi An, and Phan Thiet; also, half of this list belongs to international 5-star standard hotels and resorts.
- Address: Renaissance Riverside Hotel, No.15 Ton Duc Thang St., Ben Nghe, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- Opening hours: 11.30 - 14.30 (lunch) & 18.00 - 22.00 (dinner)
- Price from: VND 250,000 (~USD 8.6)
- Signature dish: Dim Sum & Bun
The first name mentioned is Kabin, a 5-star restaurant specializing in Cantonese cuisine, located in the Renaissance Riverside Hotel Saigon, Ho Chi Minh City. The restaurant has a prime location as it is located next to the Saigon River and foods are cooked by experienced chefs from Hongkong. Besides many types of delightful dumplings, the dishes that are loved by many dinners here include BBQ Charsiu Pork, Roasted Duck, Steamed Fresh Grouper, and Beef Noodles.
2. Vista Restaurant
- Address: The Cliff Resort & Residences, No.5 Nguyen Dinh Chieu St., Phu Hai, Phan Thiet, Binh Thuan
- Opening hours: 6.30 - 22.00
- Price from: VND 360,000 (~USD 12.5)
- Signature dish: BBQ Seafood & The Cliff Hotpot
The second on the list is Vista Restaurant, which is belonged to The Cliff Resort - the most luxurious accommodation in Phan Thiet and the top choice for beach vacations here. The restaurant is spacious with two serving areas: indoor and outdoor and its capacity is around 200-300 diners at the same time. Vista serves seafood, Vietnamese, European and vegan dishes. However, its Asian foods, especially local modern-style dishes are always the signatures of this restaurant. Besides serving amazing foods, owning a direct stunning view of the sea is also a highlight of Vista Restaurant.
3. Temple Restaurant & Lounge
- Address: La Siesta Resort & Spa, No.132 Hung Vuong St., Cam Pho, Hoi An, Quang Nam
- Opening hours: 6.30 - 10.00 (breakfast), 11.30 - 22.00 (lunch & dinner), 11.00 - 00.00 (bar/drinks)
- Price from: VND 120,000 (~ USD 4.2)
- Signature dish: Sea Bass, Lamb Chops, and Mango Gazpacho
Located in one of the most beautiful boutique resorts in Hoi An, the Temple Restaurant design is inspired by the Indochine style and mostly serves European cuisine. The restaurant offers typical dishes from France, and Italy, and also some fusion dishes, especially the ones with ingredients from seafood and tropical fruits. Not only food, but drinks are also a highlight of the Temple. While the last order for dining here is at around 21.45, you still can chill here and order drinks until midnight. In addition, this restaurant offers a "Happy Hours" promotion from 16.00 -17.30 & 20.30 – 22.00; therefore, if you want to drink a lot, you can come to the Temple Restaurant & Lounge and chill during this time to save more money.
4. Hemispheres Steak & Seafood Grill
- Address: Sheraton Hanoi Hotel, K5 Nghi Tam, No.11 Xuan Dieu Rd., Tay Ho, Hanoi
- Opening hours: 18.30 - 22.30 (dinner only)
- Price from: VND 145,000 (~ USD 5)
- Signature dish: Lobster & Ceviche
Next is Hemispheres Steak & Seafood Grill - a seafood and steak restaurant located in the Sheraton Hotel Hanoi, nearby the most beautiful and biggest lake in Hanoi - West Lake. Although focus mostly on seafood and steak, you can find the international flavor in this restaurant with dishes inspired by both Western and Eastern cuisine. The highlight here belongs to dishes from lobsters catch locally in Central Vietnam which create the unique fresh taste of the food. Ceviche and dessert also received many compliments from dinners here. The restaurant is a wonderful choice for anyone who wants to avoid crowds and seeks a quiet and relaxed meal. Hemisphere's space is not so small but it is cosy and only has the capacity of around 30 diners. As seats are limited and the restaurant only serves dinner, you should book in advance before coming here.
5. The Rhythms Restaurant
- Address: 7th floor, No.33 - 35 Hang Dau St., Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
- Opening hours: 6.30 - 22.00
- Price from: VND 350,000 (~ USD 12)
- Signature dish: Beef Steak & Fried Spring Rolls
Rhythm restaurant is located in Hanoi Old Quarter and serves a special menu with fusion local foods. The goal of the restaurant is to help diners feel the sophistication and charm of Vietnamese cuisine and it seems like they made it. Most dishes on The Rhythms Restaurant's menu are elegant combinations of Vietnamese and Western ingredients. Fried Spring Rolls and Beef Steak are must-try here; however, the Chef Special Menu is also an important highlight of the restaurant. Besides, also there are not so many options, the vegan menu of The Rhythms is also quite impressive and worth trying for anyone who is vegetarian.
6. Cloud Nine Restaurant
- Address: Lasiesta Premium, 9th floor, No.27 Hang Be St., Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
- Opening hours: 6.30 - 10.00 (breakfast), 11.30 - 16.00 (lunch), and 16.00-22.00 (dinner)
- Price from: 125,000 VND (~ USD 4.3)
- Signature dish: Dishes with prawns
Cloud Nine Restaurant is the next representative of Hanoi honored by TripAdvisor. This amazing restaurant is located on the 9th floor of La Siesta Premium Hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter as its name: "Cloud Nine". With a capacity of 80 guests, the restaurant atmosphere is peaceful and quiet, suitable for diners who want a slow-paced meal. The restaurant specializes in serving North Vietnam cuisine and its Western fusion versions - the best choice for experiencing fine-dining Vietnamese food. Cloud Nine offers both Set Menu and A La Carte Menu for its guests. However, it is recommended that you should choose the Set Menu for a "real" meal and order some dishes from A La Carte Menu to chill with wine or beer here. The prawn is the most praised ingredient here; therefore, you should have at least 2 dishes with prawns here to have a satisfying culinary experience in Cloud Nine Restaurant.
7. French Grill
- Address: JW Marriott Hotel Hanoi, No.8 Do Duc Duc Rd., Me Tri, Nam Tu Liem, Hanoi
- Opening hours: 18.00 - 22.30 (Monday - Sunday), 12.00 - 14.00 (Theater A La Table - Sunday only)
- Price from: VND 200,000 (~ USD 6.8)
- Signature dish: Beef Steak, Foie Gras, and Seafood
French Grill is a high-end restaurant belonging to JW Marriott Hotel Hanoi. Although located in a quite inconvenient location which is way far from the city centre, the culinary experience with French Grill is always worth a try. In fact, all restaurants in JW Marriott Hotel are famous and many diners have praised their food, and as a part of this international 5-star standard hotel, French Grill Restaurant is not an exception. The restaurant specializes in serving seafood, grilled and European dishes. If you love meat, Beef Steak and Foie Gras should be the best choices. On the other hand, the oyster and snow crab are always signature options for seafood here.
8. Moo Beef Steak - Prime
- Address: No.35 Ngo Duc Ke St., Ben Nghe, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- Opening hours: 10.00 - 14.00 (Lunch) and 17.00 - 22.00 (Dinner)
- Price from: VND 350,000 (~ USD 12)
- Signature dish: Australian Wagyu Steak & USDA Prime Steak
Moo Beef Steak - Prime is the second representative of Ho Chi Minh City to appear on the list. Serving high-end steaks, this restaurant looks cosy and fancy. Although it's usually quite crowded at night (especially at the weekends), if you prefer a more quiet place to eat, you still can order or book in advance for a separate corner in the restaurant. As its name, Beef Steak is always the highlight here, and the meat that is ordered mostly is USDA Prime and Australian Wagyu. Besides the signature steak, diners can also order Pumpkin Soup and French Fries which are also amazingly delightful and recommended by many guests.
9. Grill 63
- Address: 63rd floor, Lotte Hotel Hanoi, No.54 Lieu Giai, Ba Dinh, Hanoi
- Opening hours: 6.00 - 10.00 (Breakfast), 11.30 - 14.30 (Lunch), and 17.30 - 22.00 (Dinner)
- Price from: VND 220,000 (~ USD 7.5)
- Signature dish: Angus Beef Steak & Pan-seared Patagonia Cod Fish
Grill 63 restaurant, specializing in serving European - American food, belongs to Lotte Hanoi Hotel. As located on the 63rd floor of the hotel, this fine-dining restaurant owns a unique magnificent panoramic view of the city. Grill 63 has a modern layout, which is considered by many diners to be an ideal place for special occasion dinners. The restaurant serves both A La Carte and Set Menu every day. On the other hand, on Saturday night, Grill 63 serves a buffet dinner with the price of about VND 980,000++/pax (~ USD 33.8++/pax) including a special appetizer, 1/2 Grilled Lobster/adult, a drink (Tea/Coffee/Mineral Water/Soft Drinks/Juice/Draught Beer) and foods from the Buffet line. For casual meals with A La Carte or Set Menu, you should not miss the Steak from Angus Beef and Pan-seared Patagonia Cod Fish.
10. Don Cipriani's
- Address: Furama Resort Danang, No.105 Vo Nguyen Giap St., Ngu Hanh Son, Da Nang
- Opening hours: 11.30 - 14.00 (Lunch) & 18.30 - 22.30 (Dinner)
- Price from: VND 250,000 (~ USD 8.6)
- Signature dish: Pasta, Pizza, and Carpaccio
Don Cipriani's is a fine-dining Italian restaurant belonging to the famous 5-star Furama Resort in Da Nang, Vietnam. Serving the best Pasta and Pizza in town, the restaurant is the top choice for families with kids. Come to Don Cipriani's Restaurant, you should not miss the chance to taste its Squid-ink Pasta - a definitely highlight for Pasta dishes here. In addition, it is recommended that you should try as many types of Pizza here as you can because all of them are outstandingly delightful. For anyone who loves chilling with wine, Carpaccio in Don Cipriani's Restaurant here is a must for its excellent quality.
Above are the top 10 best fine-dining restaurants in Vietnam according to the Travelers' Choice Awards 2023 - Best of the Best list. As this is an annual award, voted by millions of travelers around the world on TripAdvisor - the world's largest travel website - there is no doubt about the prestige of this list.
If you are a food lover, who is fond of fine-dining cuisine experience, don't miss the chance to experience all the 10 high-end restaurants listed here by traveling Vietnam from North to South with BestPrice Travel!
Image source: Internet