Located 45km from Ninh Binh and 120km southwest of Hanoi, Cuc Phuong National Park is established in 1962 and also the oldest national park in Vietnam. Cuc Phuong boasts an wonderful wildlife heritage and enchanting scenery where visitors can have the easy access to impressively ancient trees in one day trip or stay overnight to venture further to the park interior with its multiple hiking trails from simple to strenuous and expe
Cuc Phuong is situated in the foothills of the northern mountain system of Vietnam and hence consists of verdant karst mountains with numerous caves. Covered in a dense forest Cuc Phuong form a habitat for some of Asia's rarest species, Muong ethnic people and lush valleys over 25,000 hectares. On a paved hiking trail, one could pass through old-growth forest with long vines wrapped around strangled trees, ancient caves, waterfalls and streams in the forest.
An easy way to get close to nature
The park has an impressive richness of botany with a wide variety of flora and fauna species and patches of primeval forest, including ancient trees with thick clusters of roots, and parasitic plants and ligneous creepers. It is estimated that there are 1,944 species, 98 genuses and 229 families of flora here. The fauna is diversified represented by 71 animal species, 319 bird species, 33 reptile species, and 16 amphibian species, including species such as bear, horse, wild boar, tiger, leopard, fox, squirrel, monkey, etc. Cuc Phuong is also home to the Endangered Primate Rescue Centre, which houses around 150 primates from endangered species in large enclosures as well as Turtle Conservation Centre (TCC) where there are 1100 individuals of 19 turtle species native to Vietnam.
- Please dispose of trash properly and protect environment.
- Use insect repellent to keep mosquitoes and leeches away.
- Make sure to bring sturdy shoes, raincoats, torch, antiseptic and some bandages as the trails in the park can be slippery, especially after rains.
- Flowers are at their best February and March, while April and May are the months of “butterfly festival” as thousands of butterflies color the forest.
Vooc in Cuc Phuong National Park
- From Cuc Phuong, visitor could easily combine with Van Long, Tam Coc or to Pu Luong Nature Reserve.