Vietnam to Laos Bus: An Economic Way to Travel
When you research about traveling from Vietnam to Laos (or vice versa from Laos to Vietnam) by bus, you can find gloomy stories about how dangerous it is.
Of course, you will be advised to spend hundreds of dollars to book a flight with Lao Airlines - this is one of the airlines flying from Vietnam to Laos. Here are some things you need to be prepared for about traveling from Vietnam to Laos by bus.
1. Why should you get to Laos from Vietnam by bus?
The fact of the matter is that if you want to travel from Vietnam to Laos, you can only choose one of two ways, including:
- Travel by flight (Vietnam Airlines or Lao Airlines) for around US $ 350 for the total round-trip flights
- Take a bus from Hanoi to Vientiane /Luang Prabang for about US $50 - 60 a round trip.
However, you should choose a bus for this trip, especially when you really can't afford to fly, as it could be your worst nightmare ever. Instead of flights from Vietnam to Laos for a total of 1 or 2 hour direct flights, the bus is a great choice if you want a new experience or to save money.
Buses on the Vietnam - Laos border cross @ https://salty-travels.com/
2. Some notes for you before making the journey
- The climate of Laos is the tropical climate of the monsoon region with two distinct seasons: rainy and dry seasons
The rainy season lasts from May to November, followed by the dry season from December to April next year, this can also be considered the best time to travel to Laos, around this time, the temperature averages about 15 - 30 degrees Celsius.
- Money exchange in Vietnam
Exchange rates to Vietnamese Dong at exchange counters in Laos are very bad. Alternatively, you can also carry USD or EUR with you.
Because Laos' currency is quite strong, many kinds of food and their goods imported from Vietnam, Thailand, and China have high prices. Transportation costs in cities are also expensive.
- Do not be surprised that sometimes a few Laotians are rude and unfriendly.
- You should book a hotel in advance if you go in high season, especially in Luang Prabang
- Beerlao is one of the best beers in Southeast Asia.
There are actually a few places in Hanoi where you can find Beerlao as well, but of course, you can buy it in Lao for half the price.
Welcome to Vientiane - The capital of Laos @ https://urban-leds.org/
3. How to buy Bus ticket from Vietnam to Laos
You can consider buying bus tickets online from Hanoi to Laos through 12Go. CLICK HERE to purchase:
- Bus transfer from Hanoi to Vientiane
- Bus transfer from Hanoi to Luang Prabang
Moreover, Vexere.com & Baolau.vn are also reliable websites for bus tickets from Vietnam to Laos:
- Vexere.com: Vexere.com was formed in July 2013, after more than two years of operating, this website has introduced information of more than 1000 garages with more than 3000 routes across Vietnam, including trips from Vietnam to Laos. Currently, each month the website attracts more than 700,000 hits and becomes the largest online ticket sales website in Vietnam
- Baolau.vn: In addition to Vexere.com, you can also book tickets online at baolau.vn. Baolau assists in organizing your trip by providing timetables and fares for transportation services such as passenger cars, planes, trains, ferries and calculating the best route between two points of departure and arrival and ticket booking assistance. Once you have chosen the right itinerary and the car company, baolau will assist you in switching to the booking page of the car company where you can book, pay, and get your tickets.
4. Travel Route from Ho Chi Minh City to Laos bus
- Saigon to Siphadon - Champasak - Pakse: For this route, you can contact Binh Minh brand at 9/8 Phan Huy Ich, Ward 14, Go Vap District with an average ticket price of 40 / time. Contact phone number: 0989475787 - 0918.714 679 (in Vietnam) or 0085.6208446699 (in Laos).
- Sai Gon to Gia Lai - Pakse: For this route, you can contact Mai Linh brand
Mai Linh bus @ https://www.easybook.com
- Pakse - Cambodia - Saigon: For this route, you can contact the Minh Vu brand. Contact information: 020.99911838 / 02056424555/020 55130 550 / 84.989961239. The bus departs every weekday at 5 am.
- Saigon - Cambodia - Vientiane (Laos): Please contact Viet Lao Transport Tourism Service Company Limited to get this route.
5. Travel from Hanoi to Laos
You will need to go from Hanoi to Dong Hoi Quang Binh, then go to Pakse.
Huy Hoang brand (in Dong Hoi):
- Departure time: 6:45 am, every Thursday.
- Contact phone numbers: 052.3828939 - 097.3700939 (in Vietnam) and 51463789 (in Laos).
Information about VietLaoBus brand:
- Departure time:18:30, except Thursday
- Contact phone numbers: 0914425788 (Mr. Luong)
Bus to Laos from Hanoi
Traveling from Vietnam to Laos by bus is a very long journey, it is only suitable for young travelers who have enough health for a long bus trip. Others, you can book a Vietnam-Laos tour package which includes a flight between 2 countries and bring you a wonderful itinerary.
Image sources: Internet