1. Is Halong Bay cruise worth it?
Yes, it is worth trying. Halong Bay is definitely a place you should not miss when travelling to Vietnam because of its unique beauty.
You will get a memorable experience that combines relaxing and exciting activities: kayaking, boat rowing, cave exploring, rock climbing, etc. while cruising in the bay.
2. How much is cruise in Halong Bay 2022?
Halong bay cruise price is depended on the season, availability, and duration. Most of cruises does not include the transfer in their package. You have to pay extra for the transfer if you want to pick up from Hanoi.
The price in 2022 for a day trip is between $60 - $90/ person and $110 - $200/person for 1-night cruise. Please see the prices table below for your reference:
(Note: price is per person in USD)
|Cruise Type||Price of Low season (May - Sep)||Price of High season (Jan - Apr & Otc - Dec)|
|Day trip||60$ - 100$||US 75$ - 120$|
|2 days 1 night||110$ - 200$||US 120$ - 250$|
|3 days 2 nights||220$ - 400$||US 240$ - 250$|
|Charter boat - 1 night||330$ - 500$||US 360$ - 600$|
|Charter boat - 2 nights||660$ - 1.000$||US 720$ - 1.200$|
|Shuttle Bus round trip||35$ -45$||35$ -45$|
3. Should I book cruise Halong Bay in advance?
Yes, you should book your cruise 3-6 months in advance, before arriving in Vietnam. There are 3 main reasons below:
- You can get early bird deals which can save a lot
- More time to find the best cruise and avoid any risk about not availability
- Find the best agent who offers the best price and best support
4. What is cancellation policy due to bad weather of Halong Bay?
All cruises in Halong Bay must have permission from the Management Board to stay overnight in the Bay. Based on the weather conditions (high winds, monsoon, thunderstorm, cyclone, storm...), the Management Board has the authority to cancel all cruises on a certain day to guarantee the safety of tourists.
In those cases, the following policies will be applied for Cruise:
- If the cancellation is informed before you leave Hanoi to Halong Bay (you have not used any service yet): 100% refund.
- If the cancellation is informed during the trip (you have already used some services: transfer, lunch, day trip, hotel,...): Only the fee of these services will be charged and we will refund the whole remaining amount
- If the trip is cut down from 3 days/2 nights to 2 days/1 night, we will charge as 2 days/1 night trip, plus other services you have already used, and refund the remaining amount.
- The cancellation is announced ONLY by the Management Board and often on short notice of time. Therefore your understanding of these situations is highly appreciated
- The period from May to July is considered storm weather in Halong Bay with many unpredictable weather conditions. Hence more cruises will be canceled with short notice during this season.
- In all cases, please contact our consultants directly for any urgent help. We are here to support you with all of our best!
5. How to choose the best cruise in Halong Bay?
It is not easy to find the best cruise among over 100 cruises in Halong Bay. Below are 4 small tips for you:
- Decide itinerary & cruise route: The central (classic route), Lan Ha Bay (new trendy route), Cat Ba Island (combine trip to stay in the island), or Bai Tu Long Bay (less touristy route).
- Estimate your budget: There are different types of cruise from budget (from US120$ person/night), mid-range (from US135$ person/night) to luxury (from US165$ person/night), so let's check how much you want to spend.
- Check which cruise fits with your needs: for family with kids, private charter, couples, honeymoonm activity onboard...
- Choose the reputable agent to book
Questions & Answers (191)
Looking to book a cruise for Dec 18th. 1 night 2 days halong bay for 1 couple. Give us best offer for a room with balcony, bathtub, jacuzzi etc
Current the best cruise rate that is available on 18 Dec which has balcony, bath-tub, Jacuzzi is Peony Cruise - with rate 324 USD for 2.
I want a very good 2 days Cruise in halong bay from 28 November, what can you suggest me?
Thank you very much for contacting us, May i know how may people are there in your group? We current have a very special deals for Scarlet Pearl & Swan Cruise, please check your email.
We are looking for a cruise on 15 Dec that included a transfer from Hanoi and back to the airport on 16. When we can be at the airport? is it possible to catch a flight at 5 PM?
Thank Muno for your request. We can offer you 1 way bus transfer from Hanoi to Halong and back to airprot by private car. You can reach at 3 PM so it is enough time to catch flight at 5. May i know which cruise budget are you looking for?
I am looking to book a trip from 27 Dec-1 Jan around Hanoi/Halong Bay and was wondering if you have any tours or recommendations for New year’s eve in these areas.
I saw you have 5 days in total so it is enough to see Hanoi, Halong and ninh binh. May I know how many people are there in your group so we could do a customized tour for you.
Hi, I like to check if you can organise the following: i) Hanoi land transport, from Hanoi to Halong and back ii) Halong Bay 5-Star cruise, 3D2N iii) Halong Bay sightseeing by seaplane iv) Halong Bay Hotel, with private beach v) Additional options: recommended sightseeing around or from Halong Bay, such as Peom Mountain, Tuan Chau Island, night market, or Ba Vang Pagoda, any UNESCO site, etc I'm most likely arriving Hanoi on 12 Dec, and can travel to Halong on 13 Dec. I'm flexible to the number of days in Halong Bay..... 5, 6, or even 7 days I've 2 adult, 1 six years old and 1 five mth old infant.
Great to plan a wonderful trip to Halong for you. For your plan I can recommend you services as below:
Day 1: Hanoi transfer to Halong Bay - Overnight at a private beach resort (Vinpearl) - you can visit night market on your own.
Day 2: Morning city tour, noon check in overnight cruise for 2 nights/
Day 3 - 4: Cruising then back to Hanoi.
How do you think about it?