This Hue - DMZ Full Day tour is an adventure that will take you back in time and immerse you in the rich history of Vietnam. We will explore the ancient battlefields of Khe Sanh, discover the underground tunnels used by Vietnamese fighters, and visit historical sites that will give you a true glimpse into the past and the realities of war. This tour is perfect for history buffs and anyone who wants to learn more about the fascinating past of Vietnam.
Hue - DMZ Full Day Tour
9.4Excellent - 1 review
from US /pax
Add to wishlist
Hue - DMZ - Hien Luong Bridge - Vinh Moc Tunnels
Departure: Daily departure from Hue City center
Daily departure from Hue City center
Suitable: Singles & Solo, Young Adults, Seniors
Type: Private tour
- Uncover the fascinating stories behind iconic battle sites like Hien Luong Bridge, the Vinh Moc Tunnels, and the Khe Sanh Combat Base
- Delve into the rich history of Vietnam's wartime struggles and gain a deeper understanding of the country's past
- Experience the natural beauty of Hue's stunning rivers and majestic mountains, and immerse yourself in the tranquil surroundings
Itinerary Expand all
Day : Hue - DMZ Tour Full Day
- 7:30: Start from your hotel, our driver and guide will transfer you to Quang Tri province.
- First stop: Arrive at Khe Sanh - an ancient battlefield where the US Marines fought against the North Vietnamese Army during the Vietnam War. Explore the area and learn about the history of the battle.
- 2nd stop: Visit The Rockpile, a strategic hilltop used by the US Marines for surveillance during the war.
- 3rd stop: Continue to the Ho Chi Minh Trail, a network of roads used by the North Vietnamese Army to transport troops and supplies during the war. Learn about the importance of this trail in the war effort.
- 4th stop: Ta Con Airfield, a former airbase used by the US Air Force during the war. Explore the remains of the airfield and see the abandoned planes and helicopters left behind.
- 12:00 Have lunch at a local restaurant with Vietnamese dishes.
- Pass the Ben Hai River, which was the demarcation line between North and South Vietnam during the war. Learn about the history of the river and its significance in the war.
- 5th stop: Explore Vinh Moc Tunnels, a complex of tunnels used by the North Vietnamese Army to shelter from bombing raids during the war. Explore the tunnels and learn about the life of the villagers during the war.
- 6th stop: Return to Hue, visit Quang Tri Citadel to observe the historical traces left behind, learn about the many significant historical events that have taken place here, and pay tribute to the soldiers of the Citadel who fell for their homeland and the unity and peace of the country.
- Return to your hotel in Hue at around 16:30.
Discover Inside Vinh Moc Tunnels
- PROGRAMS & SCHEDULES SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE
Price & Inclusion
- 1 Lunch
- N/A (1 night)
- Private car
- English speaking guide
- Local Lunch
- Entrance fees (Vinh Moc Tunnels & Khe Sanh Combat Base).
- Others not mentioned above
- More than 10 days prior to departure date: 10 % charge
- From 2 to 10 days to departure date: 50 % charge
- Less than 48 hours prior to check-in: 100 % charge
- No show : 100% surcharge
- Child under 4 year old: FREE of charge, limit 1 child/ booking
- Child from 4 - 11 year old: 75% charge
- Child from 11 year & above: 100% adult rate
Terrible 1 reviews
- Tour guide
Similar Hue Tours
Questions & Answers
Ask a Question
It was a really long and perfect trip! We saw much war sites in Quang Tri. We also learned a lot about the war in Vietnam. Great experience!!