- Welcome clients to Heritage Line Pier from 8:30 at Luang Prabang River Side, Khem Khong Street, Luang Prabang, Laos.
- Please process check-in, and our staff will bring your luggage directly into your room before departing at around 9:00.
- The journey starts with stories about Luang Prabang's rich cultural heritage and fascinating history through Mr. Francis Engelmann's narration; who used to work for UNESCO on heritage preservation projects and lived in Laos for over 20 years as he understood Luang Prabang like the back of his hand.
- And discover Lao cuisine with our varied lunch on board.
- The ship dock at the confluence and one of its largest tributaries of the Mekong, it's time for explorers to challenge with the kayak on Nam Ou River. Float along the peaceful stream and view the gorgeous mountains and natural charm.
- After the paddling time, continue to climb deep into the Pak Ou Caves right opposite the mouth of the Ou River, and a magnificent scene of approximately 4,000 sacred Buddhist statues and images up to 2m high appears.
- Reach the first majestic cave and head up to the smaller chamber. Follow a "medicine man" from a nearby local village and get lost on a small trek into the jungle amid explanations of flora and astounding nature.
- The village gradually emerges behind the forest, where traditional weaving and the age-old 'art of local whiskey distillation' will be unforgettable experiences for cultural researchers and tourists.
Optional: Guests can skip the hike and return to the ship moored in front of the Pak Ou caves if impossible response for requiring essential fitness for 45 min trek.
- Return the ship when the sun starts going down and catches up in your eyes the most miraculous and glamorous dusk on the Mekong stream.
Optional: If the sun still shines when being back, we will set on another treasured local village idyllic riverside settlement where Lao Loum and Lao Theun (lowland and midland Laotians) live to learn about traditional basket weaving and visit the Buddhist temple, although other tribes and ethnics in Golden Triangle don't religious and follow this ancestorship belief.
- Our chef will invite all of you to a special BBQ dinner on a romantic sandbank under the starry night. Soak in villagers' classical, traditional dance and melody of music performance. It is genuinely a one-in-a-lifetime moment and atmosphere with new friends in Laos.
Meals: Lunch, Dinner
Accommodation: Anouvong Cruise