Ya-Hon (Cambodian Hotpot)
Like other Asia countries, Cambodia also has unique and impressive hotpot dishes. Ya Hon is one of the most famous Cambodian specialties. In the following article, let's learn about this Cambodian hotpot with BestPrice Travel!
Ya Hon is one of the most favorite street food in Cambodia. It will easily captivate your taste buds with the salty, spicy, creamy, and slightly sweet taste of the flavorful broth. It's so delicious that you don't even need a dipping sauce!
Ya Hon is commonly served in many Cambodian restaurants, and you can also make it at home so your family can enjoy it together.
Like other ordinary hot pot dishes, you must prepare broth and side ingredients such as vegetables, meat, and shrimp. This Khmer hot pot is usually served with Banh Hoi noodles or rice.
How to make Ya-Hon
- Wash vegetables, shrimp, and meat, then arrange them on plates;
- Add coconut milk to the hot pot and stir well. Add the whole BBQ sauce and soy milk with the coconut soda when the coconut milk boils slightly. Stir and bring to a boil. Then put a little BBQ sauce in the pot and add water to thin the soup;
- Add salt, sugar, fish sauce, and chicken seasoning powder to the soup;
- Add the beaten eggs to the broth and boil over high heat for 2 minutes;
- Pour the broth into the hot pot and put all the ingredients in it. You can add a little of each to keep it all balanced.
Good place to eat Ya-Hon
1/ Sugar and Spice Cafe - Daughters of Cambodia
- Address: 65, Street 178 | Upper Level of Visitor Centre, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Phone: +855 89 910 203
- Average price: US $1 - $30
- Opening hours: 09:00 a.m - 05:30 p.m
Daughters of Cambodia Restaurant – Sugar and Spice Cafe is a famous dining address in Cambodia. The restaurant is beautiful in a modern style; the space is a bit small but very neat. British, American, Cambodian, and Thai-style restaurants serve fast, delicious food and are easily accessible to all diners in the world.
Sugar and Spice Cafe
2/ Malis Restaurant
- Address: 136 Norodom Boulevard, Phnom Penh 12301, Cambodia
- Phone: +855 89 212 888
- Average price: US $3 - $40
- Opening hours: 6:00 a.m – 2:00 p.m & 6:00 p.m – 10:00 p.m
Located in the center of Phnom Penh, it is easy to see and come in for a meal. Tables and chairs are always clean and tidy; the menu has pictures so visitors can easily visualize and be motivated to order new dishes. Asian dishes and Cambodian specialties are mainly.
3/ Taqueria Corona Restaurant
- Address: #14E, Street 51 (Pasteur Street), Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Phone: +855 89 281 626
- Average price: US $1 - $30
- Opening hours: 11:00 a.m - 10:00 p.m
This restaurant is not too big, but it is familiar to people's daily life. In addition, the price of each dish is meager, and the service attitude of the staff here is always friendly and dedicated. Especially the Ya Hon hot pot here is extremely deliciously prepared and will impress you.
Taqueria Corona Restaurant
Ya Hon is a reasonable choice to enjoy with your family or friends on cold winter days. In addition to the ingredients we provided above, you can add more if you like. If your broth is running low, remember to add some previously heated chicken broth.
We hope the article will help you. Wish you can successfully make Ya Hon at home!
(Image source: Internet)