6 Awesome Curry Restaurants to Try in Bangkok
When arriving in the country of the Golden Temple, what we want is to eat the best curry in Bangkok. Do you know the famous places to enjoy this delicious dish? Let's follow our recommended 6 curry restaurants in Bangkok in the article below.
In Bangkok, you might come across countless Thai food vendors and restaurants, which are sometimes hard to decide. Moreover, some restaurants cater mainly to tourists, so the quality of food is not outstanding, because visitors are often more satisfied than the indigenous people. So, where is the best curry in Bangkok
1. Krua Apsorn Restaurant
- Address: Krua Apsorn has two restaurants in Bangkok, the one we visited at 169 Dinso Rd. There is another Krua Apsorn branch located at 503 Samsen Road, Dusit District.
- Opening hours: 10:30 - 20:00. They are closed on Sunday.
From the outside, you can see that Krua Apsorn does not have a flashy appearance. The interior of this restaurant is also nothing special, but the food here is particularly impressive. Very delicious. Famous diners who love this restaurant might be the Thai royal family and some of the top culinary critics.
Krua Apsorn's menu is also straightforward, with the names of the dishes written entirely in Thai. However, besides the names with illustrative images for that dish, visitors can still easily choose.
Krua Apsorn Restaurant
2. Cabbages & Condoms Restaurant
- Address: 6 10 Sukhumvit 12 Alley, Khwaeng Khlong Toei, Khlong Toei, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
- Opening hours: 11: 00 – 23:00
Located in the famous Sukhumvit area in Bangkok, Thailand, the Cabbages & Condoms restaurant ran more than 30 years ago with the idea of the Thai boss who wants to propagate family planning. After its launch, this place was noticed by many domestic and foreign customers.
In addition to the unusual decoration, the restaurant has traditional dishes with typical flavors. The menu with more than 100 dishes including curry is prepared with its recipe, and the average price is 100 baht (about 60,000 VND) for one serving.
Cabbages & Condoms
3. Supanniga Eating Room
- Address: Supanniga Eating Room, 160/11, Soi Sukhumvit 55, Bangkok 10110.
- Opening hour: 11:30 - 14:30 ; 17:30 - 23:00
Housed in a narrow 3-story building in Thonglor, the menu of this restaurant is Trat-style in southwestern Thailand, entirely unfamiliar to traditional Thai cuisine acquaintances. Supanniga highlights include Yum Tua Poo Goong Sod (kidney bean salad, shrimp, and boiled eggs with chilli sauce) and moo Chor Muang (pork stew with sweet and sour herbs and curries.) Nearly all the dishes here are colourful.
Supanniga Eating Room
4. Soul Food Mahanakorn
- Address: Soul Food Mahanakorn, 56/10 Sukhumvit Soi 55 (Thonglor), Bangkok 10110
- Opening hour: 17:30 - 23:00 (weekend: 11:00 - 15:30 ; 17:30 - 23:00)
The lights, along with the wooden interior, create a cozy atmosphere for this restaurant. Soul Food Mahanakorn specializes in seasonal specialties - seafood from Sam Yan, meat from Or Tor Kor, or a great curry. Moreover, healthy organic foods are purchased directly from farmers in Northwest Thailand, so all the dishes here are worth a try.
Soul Food Mahanakorn
5. Nahm restaurant
- Address: โรงแรมโคโม เมโทรโพลิแทน 27 Sathon Tai Rd, Thung Maha Mek, Sathon, Bangkok 10120, Thailand
- Opening: 12:00 - 14:00 ; 18:30 - 23:00 (Weekend: 18:30 - 23:00)
When you set foot in this restaurant, you will be impressed by the massive pillars made from rough stone. It creates a classic and equally formal beauty for this restaurant. The dining space is spotless and cozy. The curry here is processed according to its recipe, so it creates a different flavour and leaves a big impression on the foodies.
6. Issaya Siamese Club
- Location: 4 Soi Sri Aksorn, Chua Ploeng Road
- Opening hours: 11:30 am - 15:00 , 18:00 - midnight
The dining room here is a bold mix of classic and modern furniture on terracotta tile floors with unusual colorful wallpaper. The whole place is in very soft light but works surprisingly well. The menu is available in both Thai and English. Although the image of the dish is not illustrated, they keep the name of the dish phonetically rather than elaborately described. The wine list is quite extensive, and some great wines are available by the glass to serve.
Issaya Siamese Club
Taking Bangkok tour without enjoying the curry here is a flaw. Hopefully, the list above will help you choose your favourite restaurant. Let's try and enjoy your wonderful trip.
(Image sources: Internet)