Dalat Weather in July: Temperature & Things to Do
Dalat is always considered as a worth-visiting place due to its nice weather. Here, as the weather is quite comfortable and rarely experiences big changes, you are suggested to start your trip at any time of the year, including July. Let's learn more detail by reading our article below about weather in Da lat in July & things to do.
Dalat weather in July overview
Dalat weather is divided into dry and wet seasons. However, the two don’t differ much from one another. For average temperature, it ranges from 16°C to 25°C throughout the year. Accordingly, you can feel cool at any time you get here. Likewise, sunshine hours and humidity stay the same every month. Maybe the only thing that changes is the rainfall. In the dry season, rain comes little and is usually drizzle, while in the other, the rainfall can reach up to 3-digit. Though affected by the weather condition, the rainfall doesn’t have a great impact on traveling in Dalat.
For detail, July falls in the rainy season with an average precipitation of 229mm (9.0in). You can expect very pleasant temperatures during the day. The average maximum daytime temperature lies around 23.0°C (73.4°F). The sun will occasionally show itself with 158 hours of sunshine during the whole month. At the end of the month, there can be more rain.
During this time, you rarely experience sunny days. It rains all day, especially late in the evening and at night. Therefore, it can be quite challenging to travel and visit some attractions. However, if you love the romantic scenery, you should come here during that time. Sipping a cup of hot coffee while watching the romantic rain in the city of love is relaxing.
Generally, Dalat weather in July experiences a great balance of temperature, rain, and sunshine, thus offering you a comfortable feeling during the time. In fact, July is not the best time to travel, which is from October to December. However, it is still a great time to enjoy your vacation here.
Da Lat weather in July summary:
|Max temperature||25°C||Rainy Days||29 days|
|Humidity||92%||Sunshine Hours||10 hours/ day|
Pros and cons:
- The weather is the biggest advantage of traveling to Dalat as it's cool and comfortable.
- If you do not like the noise, if you love peace, come to Dalat in July. It will be a trip with unforgettable memories in your life.
- At this time, as it is not the best time to visit Dalat, the number of tourists can decrease, so the cost of hotels, air tickets will be decreased.
- Besides, there are many other attractive programs to attract tourists to Dalat.
- Sometimes, rains will prevent you from taking part in outdoor activities, which is quite annoying.
- In late July, rains are more frequent and it can be a bit cold. If you don’t bring enough warm clothes you will easily catch a cold.
Things to do in Dalat in July
As Dalat is not only famous for imposing buildings, but also known for its nature, you can have an exciting thrilling adventure with many outdoor activities here, besides visiting architectural spots. In July, though it is not the best time to visit Dalat, you can still take part in many activities.
Among those, walking to Datanla Waterfalls, trekking to Elephant Falls, and getting around the Pongour Falls is interesting. Besides, you can take part in visiting Lat Village, sitting in the cable car over the Prenn Falls, or spend a day at the Valley of Love.
Also, there are many other activities. Most of them are always available to give you the best experience. If you come at the right time which occurs during the beginning of July, you can take part in as many activities as you can. By joining in the outdoor activities, you can immerse yourself in nature, have fun with your friends to get away from the bustling life.
Generally, each will not cost you much or even nothing, so it will not be expensive to include outdoor activities in your vacation. If you are into thrilling adventurous activities, then traveling to Dalat is worth it.
Pongour Waterfall Da Lat
Tips for traveling Dalat in July
- When traveling in Dalat in the rainy season, especially in late July, you should prepare items such as umbrellas, hats, coats, and thin raincoats to avoid sudden rain.
- You shouldn’t forget to bring scarves, gloves to keep the body warm.
- Bringing wet bags when traveling is a good idea as well.
- You’ll need to save your phones, cameras, phone chargers, headsets and identification documents, ATM cards.
- You should pre-book hotel services, dining, and find suitable sightseeing Dalat on rainy days
What to pack?
On coming to Dalat in July, you should bring mainly shorts or skirts because it can be very nice and warm. Besides, you should never forget to bring along your warm clothes. Especially at the end of the month, as previously mentioned, it will get colder so wearing warm clothes will save you from catching a cold. To deal with unexpected rains, you can bring a waterproof jacket. Besides, long sleeves shirts and jeans are recommended. If you plan to take part in outdoor activities, don't forget to go along with a pair of sandals or climbing shoes, sunglasses, and a tube of sunscreen lotion. Besides the essentialism, you can bring anything that you want but make sure that everything you bring is needed.
Above is the information shared for visitors about Dalat weather in July and activities, places to visit. Hopefully, it will be useful information for you. If you have any further questions or looking for the best Da Lat tours please contact us through our website. We are always available to help you with the best experience in Vietnam.