Enjoy 6 Nightlife Activities in Bagan
Bagan is a very primitive land along with countless temples and pagodas gives you a feeling of tranquility and freedom from worries. So, what are the most fascinating activities to enjoy at night in Bagan? Discover our recommendations and find yourself the answer in Bagan.
Bagan is a very primitive land along with countless temples and pagodas gives you a feeling of tranquility and freedom from worries. Bagan in the daytime has an exceptionally intoxicating charm of historic ruins. And in the nighttime, the heaven of cuisine and culture blended in each night activity will bring you a new viewpoint to love Bagan more. So, what are the most fascinating activities to enjoy at night in Bagan? Discover our recommendations and find yourself the answer in Bagan.
1. Enjoy the beautiful sunset in Bagan
If you are stuck with stresses in your life, get out all of it and go off the beaten track with sunset in Bagan at twilight. When the sun starts to turn the sky into brilliant shades of gold, it seems to be changing every single minute and you can’t take your eyes off the moment like a painting with streaks of pinks, oranges and purples, only the silhouette of pagoda left behind. Nonetheless, seeking the best places to contemplate this beautiful phenomenon legally is not easy at all. Come to the following spots to see the beautiful Bagan sunset view.
- Romantic sunset at Bagan Viewing Tower: One of the tallest buildings in Bagan, lied in the part of Aureum Palace Hotel, Bagan Viewing Tower will provide a great and economical way to get a bird’s eye 360 panoramic views of the Old Bagan and out to the Irrawaddy River on the 13th floor of the town.
Address: Min Nanthu Village, Nyaung Oo, Old Bagan, Myanmar (Burma)
- Enjoyable sunset boat trip on Irrawaddy River: It had better take the boat out to the river 45 minutes before the sunset to choose the best point of sunset view. Enjoying a tea break and the tranquility of Bagan in this incredible moment will be the best moment in your Bagan trip.
Mesmerizing sunset on Irrawaddy River
2. Taste the best cuisine in Bagan
One of the must-try night activities in Bagan is the cuisine experience. Here, you should mind in your travel list the following popular restaurants in Bagan.
- Nanda Restaurant Bagan is a restaurant promising to be an ideal place to explore and understand profoundly national culture through all-night puppet shows and various choices with uniquely traditional taste.
Address: Nyaung U Main Road, Wet Gyi Inn Village, Bagan, Myanmar
Open Time: 10:00 am - 09:00 pm
Nanda Restaurant and Puppet Show in Bagan
- The King Si Thu Restaurant, one of the outstanding places at Ayeyarwaddy River's bank in the light breeze of Bagan, will bring you many emotional states with exclusive services such as fabulous cuisine, magnificent sunset view, and exceptional Myanmar Puppet show.
Address: Kayae St., Thiripyitsaya Quarter, New Bagan, Myanmar
Open Time: 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
3. Visit Bagan night market
Visiting the night market would be a fun and dynamic activity at night for you to try in Bagan. Placed in a compound along the side of Bu Pagoda, you just take a few minutes walking from Nyaung U and 10 minutes drive from Old Bagan. This colorful night market provides a variety of local fabrics, souvenirs, handicrafts, and local dishes in restaurants. This attractive destination opens from 6 pm only within 4 hours, so that after the dinner you can come across to buy some gifts for your friends and family members.
- Address: Bu Paya, Old Bagan, Myanmar (Burma)
- Open Time: 06:00 pm - 10:00 pm
4. Attend the Dandaree Show
Dandaree Show is the most breathtaking and greatest performance in your Myanmar nightlife experience owing to striking presentation styles, unique lighting, and sound production. The modern stage techniques are synchronized with the performances by more than a hundred talented dancers and actors. All these overwhelming combinations come together to tell the epic story of Myanmar’s history.
- Open Time: 6.30 pm (duration in 70 minutes)
- Address: Bagan Golden Palace, near the Tharabar Gate – the main entrance of the Old Bagan
- Ticket Price: From 50 USD
The Dandaree Show in Bagan
5. Have Burmese traditional massage
After a long day wandering and gazing at the heaven of temples on bikes, you must have been really exhausted, right? To give you a boost up, the energy, some Burmese traditional massage methods at night time will bring your energy back. Specifically, a blend of amazing-body scrub, body massage, and oil massage will definitely give you a relaxing time to join other exciting night activities.
- Bamboo Spa Bagan: New Bagan, No. 3rd Road, Between Khatter St & Khwanyo St, New Bagan
- Bagan Lodge Hotel: Myat Lay Road, New Bagan, Nyaung Oo Township, Myanmar
6. Have fun at the beer station
Last but not least, even though this land is extremely quiet and peaceful, the residents and travelers still have the demand to enjoy music with tasty beer. You can find some choices to enjoy the Myanmar beer in Bagan.
- HTI Bar is a great place to have an enjoyable night. You can enjoy very nice music with impressive cocktails and a variety of drinks varying from excellent Western to Asian food. Moreover, this is the only bar offering shisha.
Address: Thi Ri Pyitsaya 5 Street, Nyaungu, Myanmar (Burma)
Open Hours: 9.30 am – 11:00 pm
HTI Bar in Bagan
- Shwe Yar Su is the first beer station in Bagan and really busy every night with local and foreign customers until now. Besides the delicious Myanmar Beer, the famous delicious barbeque is served well to bring the ideal night to watch some football matches or talk about the trip with other new friends.
Address: Thi Ri Pyitsaya 5 Street, Nyaungu, Myanmar (Burma)
Open Hours: 7.15 am – 11:00 pm
With our above suggestions, hope you will have the chance to experience all these 6 amusing activities to enjoy the best night on our Bagan tours.
You may also like: 6 Amusing Things to Do in Mandalay after Dark
(Image source: Internet)