7 Days Weather Forecast
Ho Chi Minh City Weather Overview
Ho Chi Minh City's climate is sub-equatorial, so the temperature is high and quite stable throughout the year. Its annual statistics are:
- Sunshine hours per month: 160-270 hours
- Annual humidity: 79.5%
- Annual temperature: 28°C
- Annual rainfall: 1,934 mm
- Annual rainy days: 159
Ho Chi Minh City has two distinct seasons: the rainy season from May to November and the dry season from December to April.
The Rainy Season: Humid and Cool
- Month: May - November
- Temperature: 26°C - 32°C
- Humidity level: 77 - 85%
- Average hours of sunshine per day: 6
Rainfall in the rainy season, also known as the monsoon season in Ho Chi Minh City, steadily rises from 150 mm to 320 mm on average. The rain can be heavy, and often happens in the afternoon, but it does not last for long, then the sky becomes clear and blue.
Best things to do
- Visit a museum, historical architecture, or religious sites
- Enjoy good meals
- Go shopping
- Have a relaxing time at the spa
- Watch the performance at Saigon Opera House
- Remember to bring a raincoat when going out
- Prepare wellington boots and a waterproof backpack
The Dry Season: Hot and Arid
- Month: December April
- Temperature: 24°C - 34°C
- Humidity level: 71 - 79%
- Average hours of sunshine per day: 8.5
Ho Chi Minh City approaches the dry season at the end of October with typically low rainfall from 10 mm to 70 mm. The humidity starts to drop around this time and rain hardly occurs. The weather is typically predictable and pleasant. Ho Chi Minh in the dry season is very mild and sunny. This is the best strategy for anyone looking to maximize their time in nature.
Best things to do
- Enjoy the Mekong Delta tour: From Ho Chi Minh City, the Mekong Delta can be visited in 1 or 2 days. This tour entails spending a lot of time outside and on a boat.
- Visit Cu Chi Tunnels: Tours from the city are simple to book and run every day. Tourists can examine how the tunnels were utilized and how they impacted the actual fighting.
- Prepare sunscreen, water, and a nice hat to prevent sun exposure during prime hours
- Should bring only lightweight, comfy clothing
Ho Chi Minh City Monthly Temperature & Rainfall Averages
As a result of the low domestic season and seldom rain, from December to March, is the best time to visit Ho Chi Minh City. The temperature, which ranges from 22 to 34°C, is also pretty nice during this time. Be ready to participate in the Tet holiday (Vietnamese Lunar New Year), which typically takes place in late January or early February, if you intend to visit during this time.
Take a look at our general statistics to predict the best time to visit Ho Chi Minh city.
|Average Maximum||Average Minimum||Average Rainfall|