Quang Ninh Museum Halong Bay
Quang Ninh Museum is one of the most popular attraction spots in Quang Ninh province. Located not far away from Halong Bay, the museum attracts visitors for its photogenic, remarkable architectural design and rich cultural values.
Structure & design
There are many places to visit in Halong, but Quang Ninh Museum remains a symbol of the city. The first impression is the entire block being covered with black glass, giving a modern vibe, and the prominent display of its name. Before exploring the miracles inside the museum, visitors can visit the outdoor display of unique art sculptures.
Quang Ninh Museum has three floors, reflecting different topics. On the inside, visitors will be impressed with white, elegant colors in contrast to the dark-coloured exterior.
Quang Ninh Museum
- First floor
The first floor of Quang Ninh Museum is the space of the sea and nature. Quang Ninh province prides itself on its magnificent natural beauty of Halong Bay, local’s fishing life, and diverse marine ecosystem that attracts tourists for a beach vacation. Therefore, the first floor is dedicated to geology, seascapes, species, and many more in Quang Ninh. A unique feature is the four columns decorated to reflect the rocky mountains of Halong Bay -- Quang Ninh’s pride.
First Floor display
- Second floor
The second floor of Quang Ninh Museum gives visitors an insight into the life of Quang Ninh locals throughout thousands of years. It reflects the historical past, religious values, and war times. The displays are vibrant and meticulous, adding to the values of the museum.
- Third floor
The third floor is all about Quang Ninh’s famous coal mining industry, one significant aspect of local life. Strolling through space, you will get an insight into the history and development of coal mining in Quang Ninh. You can also admire the efforts of the hard-working miners through the stimulation space.
- Yen Tu Pagoda space: Yen Tu Pagoda is another remarkable landmark of Quang Ninh, so the Quang Ninh Museum also dedicated a space to recreate this famous structure, with displays of valuable artifacts that reflect cultural values.
- Coal mining interactive space: There is an interactive space on the third floor to provide visitors a first-hand experience of what it is like to work as a coal miner.
Exhibition highlights of Quang Ninh Museum
How to get there
The distance between Halong city center and Quang Ninh Museum is only 7 kilometers. It takes less than 15 minutes by car. When you enter National Road 18, keep going until you pass through Bai Chay Bridge. Take a right turn onto Tran Hung Dao Street and turn left, which will bring you to Tran Quoc Nghien Street. The Museum is located near the coast.
- Opening hours: 8 AM - 12 PM; 1 PM to 5 PM every day except the last Monday of each month.
- Original ticket prices: 40,000 VND for adults, 20,000 VND for student IDs, 10,000 VND for children.
- Note that in 2021, ticket prices are 50% off (20,000 VND for adults) and free on Vietnamese public holidays.
- There is an additional fee of 100,000 VND to 500,000 VND for bringing digital cameras and cine cameras into the museum.
(Image source: Internet)