All You Need to Know About Cambodia Tourist Visa
Every tourist, except for citizens from Cambodia visa exemption countries, will need a Cambodia visa to enter the country legally. Follow our overall guide to Cambodia Visa for tourists to learn about visa processing and requirements in Cambodia.
- Cambodia Tourist Visa
- Cambodia Visa on Arrival
- Cambodia E-Visa
- Cambodia Visa Fees
- Cambodia Visa Extension
Concerning Cambodia Visas, foreigners can opt for one of the different types including Diplomatic Visa (Type-A), Official Visa (Type-B), Courtesy Visa (Type-C), Business Visa (Type-E), Khmer Visa (Type-K), and Tourist Visa (Type-T).
In this article, we will guide you on how to apply for a Cambodia Tourist Visa, how to extend your visa, and other essential information for your Cambodia trip.
Cambodia Tourist Visa
It goes without saying that the Cambodia tourist visa is straightforward but visa extension is more complicated. This type of T-Class Visa is best for visitors who have a plan to stay 30 days or less in Cambodia. Tourists usually opt for one of three ways to get a Cambodia visa: through a Cambodian Embassy/ Consulate overseas, through online e-Visa, and on arrival.
Cambodia Visa allows visa holders to stay within 30 days in the country. The validity of the Cambodia visa extension is up to 90 days, starting from the date of issue. If you want to renew your visa once for an additional 30 days, you will have to pay a fee of between 30 USD and 50 USD. Tourist visa holders must leave Cambodia and come back to obtain a new visa since Cambodia Visa is a single entry only.
Cambodia Visa on Arrival (VOA)
Who needs a Cambodia Visa?
Most nationalities will need a visa for Cambodia, not only for adults but also for infants and children with the same price as adults. Cambodia’s government offers single-entry tourist visas for 187 nationalities all over the world. Exceptionally, although residents from African countries are technically eligible for Cambodia Visas, some of them are denied on arrival.
Take notice of 10 nationalities that are not eligible for a Cambodia Visa on Arrival and required to get visa in advance at the Embassy of Cambodia in their home country, including Afghanistan, Algeria, Arab Saudi, Bangladesh, Iran, Iraq, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and Sudan. It is difficult for tourists of these countries to enter Cambodia since you need a return ticket and sponsor letter/ letter of invitation from an employer or organization.
Cambodia Visa Exemption Countries
Cambodia offers visa-free entry for 9 nationalities from ASEAN, including Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, Brunei Darussalam, and Myanmar. If you hold a passport from one of these countries, you do not need a tourist visa to enter Cambodia for stays from 14 days to 30 days depending on the country.
For 14 days: Brunei Darussalam, Myanmar, Thailand
For 21 days: Philippines
For 30 days: Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam
Cambodia Visa on Arrival
Cambodia Visa on Arrival (VOA) is valid for 30 days from the exact date of entry into Cambodia and a one-month extension is possible. For most visitors to the Kingdom of Cambodia, a Cambodia Visa on Arrival is obtainable at Phnom Penh and Siem Reap International Airports as well as all major border crossings from Thailand, Vietnam, and Laos.
Entry points to get Cambodia Arrival Visa
- Phnom Penh International Airport
- Siem Reap International Airport (It is required to spend a minimum stay of 24 hours for the issue of Cambodian Visa)
Cambodia – Vietnam Borders
- Bavet International Check Point (Svay Rieng Province) – Moc Bai, Tay Ninh, Vietnam
- Kha Orm Sam Nor International Check Point (Kandal Province) – Ving Xuong, An Giang, Vietnam (Chau Doc crossing)
- Tropea Sre International Check Point (Kratie Province) – Hoa Lu, Binh Phuoc Province, Vietnam
- Prek Chak International Check Point (Kampot Province) – Xa Xia, Kien Giang, Vietnam (Ha Tien crossing)
- Phnom Den International Check Point (Takeo Province) – Tinh Bien, An Giang, Vietnam
- O'Yadav International Check Point (Rattankiri Province) – Le Tanh, Gia Lai Province, Vietnam
- Tropieng Phlong International Check Point (Kampong Cham Province) – Xa Mat, Vietnam
- Banteay Chakrey International Border Check Point (Prey Veng Province) – Dinh Ba, Dong Thap, Vietnam
- Samrong International Check Point (Svay Rieng Province) – My Quy Tay, Long An Province, Vietnam
Cambodia – Thailand Borders
- Cham Yeam International Check Point (Koh Kong Province) – Had Lek, Trat, Thailand
- Poi Pet International Check Point (Banteay Meanchey Province)– Aranyaprathet, Sa Kaeo, Thailand
- O'smach International Check Point (Odor Meanchey Province) – Chong Jom, Surin, Thailand
- Anglong Veng International Check Point (Banteay Meanchey Province) – Chong Sa Ngam, Sisaket, Thailand
- Prum International Check Point (Pailin Province) – Ban Pakard, Chanthaburi, Thailand
- Doung International Check Point (Battambang Province) – Ban Laem, Chanthaburi, Thailand
Cambodia – Lao Borders
- Dong Krolar International Check Point (Steung Treng Province) – Voeung Kam, Champasack, Laos
Cambodia Visa on Arrival Requirements
To obtain Visa on Arrival for Cambodia, applicants have to submit these following essentials:
- A passport valid for a minimum of six months from the date of entry into Cambodia (at least one blank page for entry stamp)
- Two recent passport-size photographs (light background, no glasses, and no facial expression)
- A completed visa application form filled out and signed by the applicant
- Cash to pay for visa fees and additional costs (recommended in Riel or US Dollars)
- Status of stay (accommodation bookings or reservations, confirmation from tour operator with details of payment, etc.)
Cambodia visa application form
How to get a Cambodia Visa on Arrival
You will be given an immigration form to fill out and get in line on arrival with the necessary documents. If you want to skip the visa line, there is an official on hand who speeds you through immigration and custom for a fee of from 5 USD to 20 USD. However, we do not recommend this way since it is technically a bribe and illegal.
After registration, you have to wait for a review of the immigration officials. At final, the Cambodia visa fee can be paid in cash. If you don’t have any on hand, there is an ATM at the airport that dispenses US dollars.
- Keep your passport original as entry is normally refused if your passport is damaged or has pages missing.
- Make sure your passport is stamped on arrival and keep the departure form. If your departure form is lost, you need to contact immigration officials before leaving the country to make alternative arrangements.
- Cambodian immigration officials at airports now collect fingerprints upon entry using an inkless and electronic process.
Nowadays, more and more tourists choose to apply for an e-Visa before traveling to Cambodia thanks to its advantages and convenience. With a view to promoting the blossoming of the tourism industry, Cambodia e-Visa (electronic visa) was introduced by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation in April 2006. Cambodia e-Visa is an electronic authorization from the Government issued in PDF format and only for tourism purposes.
Instead of applying through a Cambodian embassy abroad, you just need to apply for an online visa for Cambodia at your home. Cambodia e-Visa is valid for 90 days after issuance with the maximum stay within the country is 30 days in total. Your e-Visa can be extended twice for another 30 days each time by contacting the local immigration office in Cambodia.
Entry points to get Cambodia e-Visa
Not all border checkpoints in Cambodia support e-Visa. You can only enter Cambodia via the following entry ports:
- Phnom Penh International Airport
- Siem Reap International Airport
- Sihanoukville International Airport
- Cham Yeam (Koh Kong Province) (from Thailand)
- Poi Pet (Banteay Meanchey Province) (from Thailand)
- Bavet (Svay Rieng Province) (from Vietnam)
- Tropaeng Kreal Border Post (Stung Treang) (from Laos)
Cambodia e-Visa requirements
To apply for Cambodia e-Visa, you need to complete the procedures online and prepare these essentials as below:
- Passport details scan, including cover page, biodata page, and last page (if applicable) with a minimum validity of 6 months from the date of arrival
- A recent passport-style photograph in digital format (JPEG or PNG format)
- An online visa application form containing a series of security questions and personal information
- An email address where the visa approval will be sent
- A valid credit card (Visa/MasterCard)
How to apply for Cambodia e-Visa
The Cambodia e-Visa application is such a secure and prompt process that takes the applicant only a few minutes to complete the e-Visa process.
Cambodia e-Visa application process
Step 1: Applying online
Through the official website of the government visa processing center, you can look for an online application form for Cambodia e-Visa and fill out the essentials including personal information (full names, gender, address, and country), passport details (number, issue, and expiry dates), other information.
Along with the passport details scan, online application form, and image of the applicant, all provided information must be checked twice before being submitted. Following that, you should read and accept the terms and agreement of the Cambodia e-Visa policy.
Step 2: Pay online
After submitting, your application for a Cambodia e-Visa will be processed immediately after the payment. You can choose one of the supported payment options including MasterCard, Visa Credit Card, JCB, and other payment methods.
Cambodia e-Visa payment methods
Step 3: Check your email
While your application for Cambodia e-Visa is completed and approved, the visa approval will be sent directly to the provided email address. After your payment is accepted, you will receive a confirmation email with your application number (consisting of 9 digits and 2 slashes in between) and the e-Visa PDF format.
Step 4: Print out the e-Visa format
The PDF format of the Cambodia e-Visa should be printed out and brought along on your Cambodia trip in order to present it at the entry port. Remember to print out 2 copies of the Cambodia e-Visa certificate: one copy to immigration as your travel visa upon arrival and one copy upon departure.
- E-Visa is not available for those who hold diplomatic passports/ official passports/ spouse or parent-endorsed passports or international travel documents.
- No sticker will be issued to you for the e-Visa.
- The processing times for the Cambodia e-Visa application can vary between 24 hours, 36 hours, and 48 hours.
Advantages of Cambodia e-Visa
- Experience the fast and convenient e-Visa process
- Avoid the visit to the Cambodian embassy in your home country as well as the long queues on arrival at the airport
- 24/7 support and assistance by visa experts
- Security of payment method and personal information
Cambodia Visa Fees
The cost for Cambodia Tourist Visa in advance or on arrival is 30 USD and an additional processing charge of 6 USD.
The Cambodia e-Visa fee is 36 USD for a single entry valid for 90 days. In addition, there are 3 options of processing charges including standard processing in 48 hours (20 USD), rush processing in 36 hours (50 USD), and super rush processing in 24 hours (80 USD).
Cambodia Visa Extension
Requirements for Cambodia visa extension
Cambodia Tourist Visa can be extended only once for an additional length of 30 days with a cost from 30 USD to 50 USD. You have to prepare the following essentials:
- An original passport valid for at least 6 months for any subsequent visa renewal or extension
- A blank page in your passport
- Extension fee in US Dollars
- Additional documentation is required for your visa extension type
At least a blank page in your passport
How to get a visa extension for Cambodia
The Cambodia visa extension cannot be processed online, so applicants can opt for two approaches.
Your tourist visa can be extended at the Department of Immigration located at No. 322 Russian Federation Boulevard, opposite Phnom Penh International Airport, Cambodia. You need to prepare your passport and the extension fee, then wait for 5 - 7 days of processing.
It is open from Monday to Friday, from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm with a lunch break from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm. They usually close earlier than their stated closing hours in the afternoon. Besides, they are off on Saturdays, Sundays, and Public Holidays.
- Via travel agent
Some tourists ask for help from a travel agent to extend their Cambodia visas. They will take care of the paperwork and the A – Z process for you. All you need to do is send them your application form and documentation. Processing time varies between 3 and 10 business days (can take longer during public holidays in Cambodia). Please make sure to give yourself enough time and ask in advance to find out long it will take for the Cambodia visa extension.
Cambodia visa extension
Overstaying your visa in Cambodia
It is not advisable to overstay your Cambodia visa as you can be fined, detained, or even deported depending on the days of your overstaying.
If you overstay from one to thirty days, the fine for overstaying is 10 USD per day and payable at the Immigration office on your way out of Cambodia.
After 30 days, you are still liable for the fine of 10 USD per day along with a risk of imprisonment, deportation, and the future ban on reentering Cambodia.
- Please check the Royal Cambodian Embassy or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs & International Co-operation website for the latest updates on fees, conditions, requirements, and how to apply for a Cambodia tourist visa.
- See the travel guide for a specific country to get further information about regional travel.
In conclusion, you should double-check all information from the official source to get a Cambodia visa before your trip. If you have any concerns about the Cambodia tourist visa, please contact us or visit our website bestpricetravel.com for instant support.
(Image source: Internet)
Questions & Answers (1)
hello, can you leave Cambodia with an evisa at any border? There are several borders where you cannot enter, but can you leave the country at these places? I would like to leave Cambodia by ha tien towards Vietnam… thank you
Hi! You can check the information for using Evisa in and out Cambodia here