Bus 86 Hanoi City to Airport: Schedule & Price
Bus is considered an ultimate solution for the situations in cosmopolitan cities in general, and Hanoi Capital in particular. This mode of transportation ranges from brand, type, and price as well. Not only do Hanoians and expats use it for their daily commute, but also for holidays and journeys.
Those are reasons why a lot of people who search for information on buses on websites take an interest in such an advantageous means of transportation. The following article will detail bus 86 Hanoi as well as its schedule and price.
Like many Hanoi buses, bus 86 Hanoi (or Bus Express 86 Hanoi) was launched by the Hanoi Transport Corporation Ltd, (Transerco).
The bus drivers and controllers working in high spirits are always punctual, enthusiastic, and helpful. They were given millions of positive comments from customers on Facebook, TripAdvisor, and Zalo.
Bus 86 Hanoi Schedule
- Ticket price: 45,000 VND (~US $1.8)
- How to buy: Directly from the controller on the bus (cash only)
Schedule is a common concern of all passengers. Bus 86 Hanoi moves from Hanoi Railway Station to Noi Bai International Airport (Terminal 1&2), passing 8 stops on the way.
Being a high-quality bus, bus 86 Hanoi travels on the main roads of Hanoi City. From the bus screen, tourists can view swanky skyscrapers, opulent hotels, or splendid cafe shops on the street. Especially, traveling by bus 86 Hanoi brings visitors new experiences of beholding a poetic and romantic Hanoi sceneries.
The route of the bus is referred to below, from Noi Bai International Airport to the Hanoi center and vice versa:
| || |
If you don't know which stop you should get on the bus, you can find the nearest stop by using Google Maps. Here is the map showing the schedule of Bus 86:
- Step 1: Know the detailed address of your hotel to choose suitable stops. If you are in Hoan Kiem District and want to go to Noi Bai Airport, you should opt for one of the bus 86 stops located in Hoan Kiem District (please refer to the schedule table above)
- Step 2: When you are done filtering your stops, open the Google Maps app, click directions
- Insert your hotel’s address in ‘Starting Point’ and the location of the stop in ‘Destination’
- Compare the distances between each stop and select the nearest spot as the place you will alight/ get on bus
At dawn, bus 86 Hanoi starts to travel quite soon from Hanoi Central Railway Station. If you are an early bird, then catch the earliest bus to explore the daily life of people here. The atmosphere is so clean and pure in the early morning that you can explicitly enjoy it. Moreover, it will be easy to pick up your go-to bus seats.
- Hanoi Railway Station opens from 05:05 - 21:40
- Noi Bai International Airport opens from 06:18 - 22:58
On average, it takes 55 minutes or so for the bus to reach the last bus stop (in usual traffic circumstances). Nonetheless, traffic status, spontaneous situations, or lock, stock, and barrel may impact the usual timetable. Regularly, the frequency of bus 86 operation will fluctuate between 25 - 30 minutes per trip, not including “barriers”, such as traffic conjunction, or some two-way troubles.
Bus 86 from Hanoi Railway Station to Noi Bai Airport is scheduled to depart from 05:30 - 20:20, and depart from Noi Bai Airport to Hanoi Railway Station from 07:00 - 22:10
Bus 86 Schedule 2023
If you stay in other areas near Hanoi Old Quarter, you can consider choosing one of the following buses that may be more suitable for you:
- Public Bus 07: Noi Bai Airport → Cau Giay Bus Station
- Public Bus 17: Noi Bai Airport → Long Bien Bus Interchange
- Public Bus 90: Noi Bai Airport → Kim Ma Bus Terminal
- Public Bus 109: Noi Bai Airport → My Dinh Bus Station
If you prefer other means of transportation to save time and enjoy a more comfortable transfer experience, click here to see these options with availability and price:
Local Tips To Travel By Bus 86 Hanoi
Catching a Hanoi bus is quite easy. Nevertheless, there are several tips that help expats and foreign tourists prepare their schedules as well as baggage for perfect trips:
- Bus 86 only has 25 seats though the bus can contain up to 60 people, which means some passengers will have to stand during the trip. Try your best to wake up early in the morning and catch a bus at your earliest convenience.
- Take notice where you wait for the bus: you should stand on the right side of the street, with a sign that includes Bus 86’s route
- Pay attention to your luggage, especially valuable items to avoid pickpocketing when the bus is crowded
- Get on at the front door and get off at the back one to avoid a large amount of passengers going up and down at the same door
- Obey some rules on the bus to guarantee polite and modern manners
Inside The Bus 86 Hanoi
The bus 86 Hanoi deserves a big thumbs-up from passengers because of its practical advantages. If you are looking for a trustworthy travel agency to book a transfer from Hanoi to Noi Bai Airport or vice versa, contact us for more information.
(Images source: Internet)
Questions & Answers (18)
Hi, thank you very much for your service. I will be staying on Phố Lương Ngọc Quyến. What is the better stop to alight, 23 Hang Tre Street, Hoan Kiem, or rather Long Bien Bus Interchange E1.4: Nguyen Trung Truc, Ba Dinh? Thank you very much for your advice!
Hi! If it's for getting to the airport from your hotel, so it should be 23 Hang Tre St. But if it's for getting from the airport to your hotel, the stop should be 162 Tran Quang Khai St. (Vien Quy Hoach).
I will stay in old quarter. And my flight in 10 am. Is it okay to take the 86 bus? And where the nearest bus stop?
We suggest you shouldn't use the bus for flights at peak time and late night. For 10 a.m. flight, you should take a taxi instead.
Hi, we will be staying at Hanoi Centre Silk Charming Hotel. Planning to take bus no. 86. Where should we alight? Thank you
Hi to get to the Hanoi Centre Silk Charming Hotel from the airport, you should take bus 86 then drop at 162 Tran Quang Khai, then walk to the hotel (around 15 mins walking). If you want to take the bus from the hotel to the airport, you should catch the bus at 23 Hang Tre St. (around 15 mins walking from the hotel).
We are staying at Hanoi Vacanza Premier Hotel, where is the nearest to the hotel to alight if we take the bus?
Hi! You can get to the bus stop at No. 23, Hang Tre St.
I will be staying at Concon House. Which stop should I alight?
Hi! For Noi Bai Airport to Concon House, you should get bus 86 and drop off at 162 Tran Quang Khai (Vien Quy Hoach) then walk about 10 - 15 minutes. On the other hand, from Concon House to Airport, you should get bus 86 at 23 Hang Tre St. bus stop.