Halong Bay Weather in March: What to Expect & Things to Do
March marks springtime in Halong Bay as the weather condition is perfect for travelers to join any kind of activities in the bay. To get a deeper insight into Halong Bay weather in March, the following guide will help you out.
- March is one of the best months for traveling to Halong Bay
- Yen Tu and Cua Ong are remarkable festivals this month
- Swimming this month is still available for people who live in cold countries
- Bai Tu Long Bay is the less-tourist area where you can find true peace in your soul
Halong Bay March Weather & Temperature
- Temperature: Halong Bay weather in March is enjoyable, the average temperature tends to increase with a temperature of around 20°C, and so do the humidity and precipitation.
For every beach lover, the sea temperature fluctuates around 29°C, which seems to be warm enough to have a swim and enjoy hours of fun taking part in beach activities.
- Sunlight: This month has an average of 8 hours of sunlight per day, so you will be able to enjoy more days of sunshine while traveling to the bay.
- Humidity: The humidity level of this month is about 75%, quite the same as in February.
- Rainfall: The average precipitation of this month increases remarkably to 53 mm, with about 13 rainy days.
At a glance, March is considered to be the best month to visit Halong Bay for perfect weather.
Halong Bay weather March
Highlight Events & Festivals in Halong
There is no national event or remarkable festival during this month after the big traditional Lunar New Year.
However, if you still want to join festivals to know more about Vietnam’s culture, consider these well-known festivals below:
Yen Tu festival:
- 2023: 31st Jan - 28th May
- 2024: 19th Feb - 17th May
- 2025: 07th Feb - 07 May
Beginning from the 10th day of the first lunar month until the end of the third lunar month, the Yen Tu festival is one of the most popular festivals in Northern Vietnam and is held at the base of Yen Tu Mountain.
You can come to Yen Tu to admire the significant natural beauty of this famous attraction, as well as learn about the history and culture of Vietnam in the Ly - Tran dynasty period.
If you are a pilgrim, you should not miss this occasion
Cua Ong festival:
- 2023: 23rd Jan - 18th May
- 2024: 11th Feb - 07th May
- 2025: 30th Jan - 30th April
The Cua Ong festival, which is a national intangible cultural heritage of Vietnam, takes place from the 2nd day of the first lunar month to the 30th day of the third lunar month.
The festival is organized in Cam Pha city, to commemorate Tran Quoc Tang’s contributions to defeating the Mongol army and bringing a peaceful life to the land.
Cua Ong festival is one of the biggest events in Quang Ninh province
Top Things to Do in Halong Bay
Traveling to Halong Bay in March, you will have great opportunities to join most of the activities from indoors to outdoors here.
Halong Bay, which is located in the Gulf of Tonkin, is well-known for its beauty of thousand of limestone islands and islets. Your trip to Halong won’t be entirely wonderful if you do not visit its mysterious caves.
Visiting caves is a typical activity always included in the itinerary of Halong Bay cruises. You will have a chance to explore both the wet and dry caves such as Trung Trang cave, Dark & Bright cave, Thien Canh Son cave, etc.
Dark & Bright cave - an ideal place for visitors who love kayaking
- Best for: Nature goers, Adventure seekers
If you are an adventure seeker or a nature goer, adventurous activities in favorable weather conditions in March is calling for you.
Let’s try something challenging like mountain climbing on Titop Island, you will have a chance to reach the top of the island and admire the panoramic view of all Halong Bay.
Doing Tai Chi session
- Best for Chill-out and recharge retreaters
Though some people may think that practicing Tai Chi exercises is boring, you should still try this activity, especially if you are a recharge retreater.
Waking up early and joining Tai Chi class on the sundeck not only can strengthen your health, but also refresh your mind by enjoying the fresh air and natural beauty of Halong Bay.
Doing Tai Chi session on the Orchid Trendy Cruise
Most overnight cruises have Tai Chi class in the itinerary, and doing Tai Chi class on a luxurious cruise is a must-try thing you should do when traveling to Halong.
Local Tips for Travelling in March
Now, the weather condition doesn’t matter as well because everything is perfect for a vacation. Let’s come to an end with several local tips for your Halong trip in March.
- Book the cruise a few weeks or even months in advance to get a better price and avoid cabin unavailability.
- Check the weather forecast before going to arrange your travel bag properly.
- Get to know the travel route of the cruise tour before booking. There are 3 different routes for the Halong Bay cruises including Halong Bay, Lan Ha Bay, and Bai Tu Long Bay.
- If you prefer a lavish stay like a king, opt for Halong luxury cruises like Scarlet Pearl, Heritage Binh Chuan, Nostalgia, Emperor, etc.
- Though March is in the spring, the bay is still chilly in the early morning and late at night. Remember to bring a light sweater, jacket, or cardigan.
- The pleasant weather will allow visitors to go swimming, so do not forget your swimsuit if you want to join in water activities.
- Prepare sunscreen and sunglasses because the sunlight can be surprisingly intense some days during March.
Pros & Cons of Halong Bay Trip in March
- March weather is warm and pleasant, creating favorable conditions to take part in any kind of activity.
- There is less rain and it is unlikely that your trip will be affected or canceled by the bad weather condition.
- Due to the high season, the price for the cruise can be higher than at any other time of year.
All things considered, March is a great month to visit Halong Bay. Warm temperatures, low humidity, and less rainfall make everything perfect for outdoor activities and allow you to stay longer under the sunshine.
(Images source: Internet)