7 Days Weather Forecast
Hoi An Weather Overview
Hoi An is known as one of the most beautiful ancient towns globally thanks to its romantic classical beauty. If you haven’t found out when to set up a Hoi An trip? Please refer to the following seasonal travel experience handbook.
Hoi An weather stays warm all year round with an average temperature between 23-30°C. You will see 2 main seasons available in Hoi An: the dry and rainy seasons.
Dry Season: Sunny and Temperate
- Months: From January to July.
- Temperature: 18°C - 38°C
- Humidity level: 69-84%
- Average hours of sunshine per day: 9
- Rainfall: 30 mm - 99 mm
This is the ideal time for tourists to visit Hoi An and take part in tourist activities. In particular, it is also the time to coincide with the city's traditional New Year. Visitors will discover more interesting experiences in Hoi An's cultural space and enjoy the Tet holiday atmosphere during January and February time.
Best things to do:
- Relax at the beach: An Bang Beach, Cua Dai beach, Cham Islands, etc.
- Visit famous tourist attractions: My Son Sanctuary, Japanese Bridge Hoi An, Phung Hung Ancient House, etc.
- Bring enough water to avoid being thirsty.
- Prepare sunscreen, moisturizer, and sunglasses to save your skin and eyes from the scorching sun, especially in the months of June and July.
- Lightweight clothing, hats, a power bank, a tiny fan that can be charged, and umbrellas are unlocked items.
- Book your tickets and lodging as soon as you can, ideally at least two weeks before your trip.
Rainy Season: Cool and Humid
- Months: From August to December
- Temperature: 20°C - 33°C
- Humidity level: 79-88%
- Average hours of sunshine per day: 10
- Rainfall: 100 mm - 525 mm
Hoi An has storms and rain from August to December. Most people believe that you shouldn't travel while it's raining, but Hoi An is an exception. It's a romantic beauty you won't find anywhere whether exploring ancient alleyways or sipping coffee in an antiquated coffee shop while the rain falls.
Best things to do:
- Attend interesting events: cooking classes, lantern-making workshops
- Have a Hoi An food tour: visit Hoi An central market and many coffee shops
- Enjoy Hoi An local services: have a tailored outfit, relax at the spa
- Prepare a rain jacket, umbrella and a waterproof backpack.
- Check the weather forecast frequently to see how the weather will be during your next itinerary.
Best Weather to Visit Hoi An
Due to topographical characteristics and geographical location in the climate transition zone, this small town offers quite interesting changes in climate with the dominance of the southern heat. Therefore, although it is a central city, the dry season in Hoi An always is considered to have the best weather conditions for a trip.
From January to April, there would be lots of sunlight and little rain, which is perfect for tourists to participate in multiple activities and visit any attractions without worrying about the weather. Meanwhile, in June and July, the weather is clear and sunny. Although the temperature will be a bit higher than it was during the preceding four months, there are still numerous exciting activities at the beach.
Here are our overall statistics about Hoi An weather in 12 months.