Thailand Airport Transfer: Guide for First Time Traveller
After a long flight to an unfamiliar country, you may feel confused about how to transfer from the airport to the city center or hotel. Here are guides to transfer from the 4 biggest airports in Thailand so you can kick off your next trip in the smoothest possible way.
1. Suvarnabhumi Airport (Bangkok) Transfer
It is one of two international airports near Bangkok. Suvarnabhumi Airport is one of the busiest airports in the country, Suvarnabhumi Airport is the hub for more than 100 carriers, including all airlines based in Thailand.
Location: Suvarnabhumi Airport has located 25 km from the city center. Getting to the heart of Bangkok from Suvarnabhumi Airport can take up to an hour by car or bus.
Transport to the city:
- Public transportation: The new airport rail line allows you to reach the station from the city. Meanwhile, SRT also provides service from Hua Takhe (the nearest station on the East Line) to Rangsit City. As for the bus service, three bus routes operate to accommodate you to get off from the station.
- Cars: The most common way for you to get to the city is to take a taxi on Highway 7. It can take up to an hour without traffic jams.
Getting a taxi to the city center @taxiintown.com
2. Don Mueang International Airport (Bangkok) Transfer
Don Muang airport international airport in Bangkok city. However, not the same as Suvarnabhumi Airport, Don Mueang Airport has low-cost airlines.
Location: This airport is 28.4 km east of the city center. Public transport services around Don Mueang are well-suited and readily available.
Transport to city
- Public transportation: Low-cost buses are available outside the building and they depart every fifteen minutes. You can choose to catch these buses for $ 1.9 / person, go to the nearest SRT station and take the train into the city. This way, it could take you more than an hour.
- Cars: Alternatively, you can queue up for a taxi or order one from taxi offices inside the airport.
3. Chiang Mai International Airport (Chiang Mai)
With the recent expansion, Chiang Mai International Airport is now open 24/7 and can accommodate a larger number of passengers than before.
Location: Chiang Mai International Airport is located 4 km southwest of Chiang Mai city center. Transportation services include taxis, tricycles, and rental limousines, all of which are well organized and they can be found outside the airport.
Transport to city
- Public transportation: tuk-tuk is available outside the station building for $1.58/ way.
- Car: The transport service is very well organized here. Taxi services are regulated based on the airport's systematic price meter and taxi companies. Guests can also rent limousines and taxis at the counters on the first floor or wait for a pick up from their hotel at the station. A ride usually costs $ 3.8, with an additional fee for the limousine service.
4. Phuket International Airport (Phuket)
Phuket International Airport is a thriving hub for both international and domestic flights. This airport serves Phuket and it is also an attractive location for travel agencies.
Airport bus from Phuket International airport
Location: Phuket International Airport has located 32km from the city center.
Transport to city
- Public transportation: Airport buses are available from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. They are very convenient as there are many different stops in the city center. Prices range from $ 0.95 to 1.58. If not, you can catch a local bus at Phuket Bus Terminal and catch a bus to your desired destination at various fares.
- Car: you can check with their hotel for pick-up service or book a taxi just outside the building. There is also a taxi stand outside the building but the price is a bit high.
Above is our guide for the first-time traveler to Thailand who wants to look for a Thailand Airport transfer. The easiest way you can book a Thailand tour package which also included airport pick up and no worry to find the transfer way to the hotel.
(Image Source: Internet)