About flight tickets from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City
Air tickets from Hanoi are currently operated by all 5 domestic airlines with more than 82 flights daily.
Flight time is about 2 hours 10 minutes with a distance of 1,137 km.
The earliest flight is at 5:00 am and the latest is at 22:30 pm, departing from Noi Bai International Airport (HAN) to Tan Son Nhat International Airport (SGN).
Hanoi - Ho Chi Minh City one-way and round-trip airfare
Currently, the cheapest airfare for this route is at least US $48/one-way, operated by Vietjet Air in October. While the average one-way fare ranges from US $45.66 - 54.17/one-way (tax excluded), the return ticket ranges from US $91.32 to 108.34 per ticket (tax excluded).
Ticket prices are usually high in the dry season (December to April next year), the tourist season (June, July, August), and the peak period (New Year holidays).
The period from September to November is the low season of the Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City flight, so the price will be the cheapest at this time.
How to move from Tan Son Nhat Airport to the center
- Address: Truong Sa Street, Ward 2, Tan Binh District
- Distance from the city center: About 8 km
- Travel time: About 20 - 30 minutes
- Common ways:
- Taxi: Taxis are highly flexible and fast-moving. The fare is less than 100,000 đ in 10-15 minutes moving to the city center.
- Bus: Please select a route that suits your destination. The 109, 119, 152, 159, and 152A are well-traveled transit routes between the airport and other sites in the city. The overall price ranges between US $0.5 and US $1. The time traveling varies depending on the route.
- Ride-hailing app: You can call technology car service via Grab, Be with two forms: motorbike or car. The lowest price is about US $2.13
- Rental service: You can book in advance this service and request the provider to drop off the vehicle at the airport.
How to book and hunt for cheap tickets
Let's take in the following practical knowledge to find the best flight deals on the route from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City.
- If you have a plan of traveling to Saigon in the high tourism season or on holidays, you should book your tickets early, about 2 - 3 months to have a good deal. It is because these are the times when the fare is achieved its zenith.
- The hours in the early morning and late night often offer the lowest airfare. Similarly, weekday flights (Monday - Thursday) are less expensive than weekend flights (Friday - Sunday).
- Look for discounts in airline promotions. Airlines frequently release several attractive deals, even up to 50% or as little as no fee to boost passenger demand and increase competitiveness.
Ho Chi Minh City tourist information
When booking airline tickets on the route from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City, please don’t skip the top following must-see attractions.
As situated in the city's center, Notre Dame Cathedral serves as both a cathedral for Christians in Saigon and a beautiful symbol of the Gothic-Roman style. Please don’t forget to pay a visit in the evening and enjoy the street food offered around the church area.
It’s one of the destinations that makes it easy for you to buy gifts for your family when coming to the city. The market attracts many domestic and international tourists to tour and shop.
- Nguyen Hue Walking Street
It is regarded as a favored gathering spot for Saigonese, particularly young people. Especially, there are some music shows and game shows held on the weekends.
If tourists want to completely enjoy the bustle of Ho Chi Minh City, they should definitely drink beer and snack in this area in the evening. The sound, lights, and atmosphere will surely chill you out and don’t let you come home.
If you're traveling with friends or family, let’s have a day off playing at Suoi Tien Water Park. The park features a variety of entertainment options, including a water park, colorful parades, racing amusement parks, and 4D cinemas.
Saigon street food heaven is always the passion of those who love eating. Among the countless attractive dishes, BestPrice Travel will suggest the top most outstanding items in Saigon.
This dish is a kind of indigenous salad, but the ingredients are not the same as in Hanoi. It consists of sliced rice paper, green mango, dried beef salad, dried shrimp, dried onions, chopped vegetables, and sweet-sour juice. It will awaken all the senses of the tastebuds.
Where to eat: Uncle Vien rice paper, only-evening opening stalls around Notre Dame, Uncle Long rice paper.
The chewy noodles are mixed with rich clammy broth in seafood flavors such as crab meat or fish.
Where to eat: Ut Le restaurant at 210 To Hien Thanh street, Ward 15, District 10; or Crab-bread soup and pork rolls at 181/6 Xom Chieu street, Ward 16, District 4.
Saigon vermicelli noodles, which come from the Vietnamese southwest, are similarly tasty and rich with river-region ingredients like fish, shrimp, squid, and water lilies cooked with bone broth, fish sauce, and coconut milk.
Where to eat: Bun Co Trinh at 116 Vuon Chuoi street, Ward 4, District 3; Co Cuc Bun Mam at 174 Nguyen Thien Thuat street, Ward 1, District 3.
When visiting Saigon, young people would undoubtedly enjoy the greasy fried dough served with fried eggs or sausages.
Where to eat: Van Thanh fried dough at Alley 185 Vo Van Tan, Ward 5; Fried dough at 63 Phung Khac Khoan street, Da Kao ward, District 1.
Saigon broken rice is a complex dish created with sweet-seasoned pork, chic egg rolls, and fragrant meat. It is not only rice with fried meat.
Where to eat: Com Suon Tu Map at 812 Su Van Hanh street, Ward 12, District 10; Com Nguyen Van Cu at 167 Nguyen Van Cu street, Ward 2, District 5.
BestPrice Travel is proud to be the first-class general agent of domestic and international brands thanks to more than 12 years of experience and dedicated staff, a convenient booking system, safe and flexible payment, and many special offers.
Please contact +84 904-979-428 so that we can help you have a magnificent trip to Ho Chi Minh City at the most suitable cost.