Bun Mam (Noodle Soup Cooked with Fermented Fish)
Among all of those signature Danang dishes that people would love to eat when they come to, Bun Mam Danang always secured its solid spot as the main and the best food that represents Central in general and Da Nang in a specific cuisine. Follow BestPrice to figure out what’s special about this dish that makes it irresistible.
In this article, you will learn about the ingredient, how to make and the best restaurant where you can find Bun Man in Da Nang.
Ingredients to make Bun Mam Danang
Depends on the preferences, the ingredients can be varied, but basically, it will comprise these elements:
- Roasted pork
- Boiled beef rolls and fermented pork rolls
- Boiled jackfruit
- Laksa leaves, lettuce, herbs, young papaya (chopped in thin and long slices), and young jackfruit
- Anchovy fish sauce, sugar, garlic, fresh chili
- Crusted peanuts
As can be seen, the ingredients to make Bun Mam Danang are actually quite simple and easy to find in the markets or supermarkets, but you need to be careful in choosing them. Better make sure they are fresh and of good quality.
Ingredient to make Bun Mam
How to cook Bun Mam Danang
The process of making Bun Mam Danang is not tricky. The first thing you need to do is picking, washing, and draining the raw veggies and chopping cucumber into thin slices. Next, chopped into tiny pieces’ young jackfruit will be mixed together with chopped laksa leaves. As you might already know, the fish sauce is the soul of this dish, so of course, mixing and preparing for the sauce will be the ultimate goal in order to create a perfect Bun Mam Danang. Obviously, the fish sauce that will be used must be chosen carefully to be delicious, pure, and smell good. In addition, pineapple will be squeezed to get the juice to put inside the sauce. Then, crushed chili and crushed garlic will be added then mixed together with sugar and monosodium glutamate.
If you want, you can totally add seafood as a sauce of your protein choice besides roasted pork. Normally, veggies will be put as the last layer that touches the bowl. Right over it will be the vermicelli. Step by step, roasted pork, boiled beef rolls, and fermented pork rolls will be added to the vermicelli. Then, sliced cucumber, young papaya, and young jackfruit will be arranged as the next layer. Lastly, sprinkle the bowl with crushed peanuts for extra flavor. Don’t forget to pour the sauce into the bowl and try to see how much you need, then mix well together and enjoy the heavenly taste.
Make Bun Mam
Best restaurants for Bun Mam Danang
Don’t worry about choosing the right place to enjoy a bowl of Bun Mam Danang, we got you. Here are our suggestions on the best places to eat this awesome dish.
- Address: 20 Doan Thi Diem, Hai Chau District, Da Nang City
- Opening Hours: 6:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Price: 20,000 VND – 30,000 VND
- Address: 24/14 Tran Ke Xuong, Hai Chau District, Da Nang City
- Opening Hours: 7:00 AM – 11:00 PM
- Price: 20,000 VND – 30,000 VND
- Address: K423/03 Le Duan, Thanh Khe District, Da Nang City
- Opening Hours: 6:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Price: 20,000 VND – 33,000 VND
- Address: in front of No 52 Tran Binh Trong, Hai Chau District, Da Nang City
- Opening Hours: 2:00 PM – 11:00 PM
- Price: 15,000 VND – 28,000 VND
- Address: 141 Huynh Thuc Khang, Hai Chau District, Da Nang City
- Opening Hours: 6:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Price: 17,000 VND – 33,000 VND
Local tips to enjoy the best Bun Mam
- Mixing the whole bowl carefully for it to absorb all the spices
- Increasing the taste of the dish by adding chili sauce and lemon squash
- Having a ginger cup of tea will help taste the real authentic Bun Mam
- Go to those places that BestPrice recommended for an authentic taste of local
We hope that this article will give you a better insight into the famous delicacy Bun Mam Danang. Come to try for a pleasant surprise. Let's looking for the best Da Nang tours where you can combine taste foods & learn about the culture.