Da Nang to Halong Bay Flight: Best Airline, Schedule & Rate
Tourists that travel to Halong Bay from Da Nang are usually yearning for convenience and relaxation. In that case, perhaps a Da Nang to Halong Bay flight will be the best choice.
- Airports boarding Da Nang to Halong Bay flights
- Book Da Nang to Halong Bay flight
- Da Nang to Halong Bay flight operators
- Tips to travel by Da Nang to Halong Bay flight
Da Nang and Halong Bay are both famous tourist attractions in Vietnam. It's a missed opportunity if you don't see them both while you're there. However, the distance (897 km) between them can make travel difficult. To ensure a relaxing journey, flying from Da Nang to Halong Bay is the perfect solution. Vietnam's aviation industry has recently improved, providing passengers with the best experience. Booking and check-in procedures are straightforward, making transfer convenient. Read on for useful information on traveling from Da Nang to Halong Bay by flight.
Airports boarding Da Nang to Halong Bay flights
As thousands of tourists fly to visit Halong Bay each year, many airports lie around the spot. Cat Bi and Noi Bai Airport are the two at/from which arrive/depart Da Nang to Halong Bay flights.
1. Cat Bi Airport, Hai Phong
- Cat Bi - Halong Distance: 47 km
- Flight time: 1.30 hours
Cat Bi International Airport is more adjacent to Halong Bay. The airport lies in Hai Phong, which is only 47 km from the bay. Therefore, it just takes you about 1 hour 30 minutes to get to the World Heritage. With a total capacity of up to 8.5 million passengers, Cat Bi Airport is becoming the main gateway of its city and the surrounding area (including Halong Bay) to other cities, countries. In terms of domestic terminal, the airport is now hosting flights from/to Ho Chi Minh, Phu Quoc, Pleiku, Nha Trang, Da Lat, and Da Nang. Pacific Airlines, VietJet Air, Vietnam Airlines are the main three that have their flight exploit the airport. So far, Cat Bi Airport has always been one of Vietnam's most fast-growing airports in terms of the number of passengers and commodities. Therefore, you can choose the airport without any doubt about its transfer service.
Cat Bi Airport
2. Noi Bai Airport, Hanoi
- Noi Bai Airport - Halong: 188 km
- Flight time: 45 minutes - 1 hour
About 188 km to the Northwest of Halong Bay, Noi Bai International Airport is among the largest airports in Vietnam. With a vast area of about 165200 m2, the airport can serve up to 13 million passengers. Besides, Noi Bai ranks second in the top busiest airports of Vietnam, which can be easily explained by the fact that many airlines are now exploiting the airport. Vietnam Airlines, VietJet Air, Bamboo Airways are the three main exploiters of Noi Bai now. As a national airport, Noi Bai can serve millions of passengers and provide them with a strictly professional transfer service. Besides, the airport features many other utilities such as duty-free stores, locker room, children's playground, and baby care room; hence, giving you the best experience in your Da Nang to Halong Bay trip.
Noi Bai Airport
Book Da Nang to Halong Bay flight
1. Book flights to Hanoi
When traveling from Da Nang to Halong Bay, most people choose to fly directly from Da Nang to Hanoi, and then transfer to Halong Bay. This is because there are more flights available from Da Nang to Hanoi. Every day, about ten flights leave Da Nang Airport for Hanoi, operated by Vietnam Airlines, VietJet Air, and Bamboo Airways. Flights are available throughout the day, so you can choose one that suits your schedule.
- Full-route way
- Airfare: 43.64 to 249.87 USD/adult round-trip
- Transfer cost: 0.39 to 385 USD/adult
- Transfer time: 4 hours 20 minutes
On average, a flight will take about 1h20 to travel from Da Nang to Hanoi. Afterward, you will need to spend about 3 hours more for transferring to Halong Bay. You can choose between a bus, taxi, private car, seaplane, or motorbike to get there. Since the distance from Noi Bai Airport to Halong Bay is quite long, it's important to plan ahead before starting your trip. For more detailed information, you can visit the Hanoi Airport to Halong Bay: 5 Fast & Save Ways to Transfer website. Keep in mind that the cost can vary depending on your choice of transportation. The airfare ranges from 43.64 to 249.87 USD/adult round-trip, and the transfer cost from Noi Bai to Halong Bay ranges from 0.39 to 385 USD/adult, depending on the means of transport you choose. For those with ample vacation time who want to explore the country or plan to visit the capital before going to Halong Bay, this is a great idea. You will get to see many stunning sights, such as the Red River and Thai Binh River, which are definitely worth taking pictures of along the way to the bay from Noi Bai Airport.
- Time and money-saving way
- Airfare: 57.53 USD/adult/flight
- Transfer cost: maximally 146 USD/person
- Transfer time: 2 hours and 30 minutes
If finding some way that is both time- and money-saving, then the idea is for you. From Da Nang Airport, some flights directly transfer to Cat Bi, Hai Phong. Though available in a pretty small number (about three ones/day), they can still meet passengers' demands. These flights are run by VietJet Air, Bamboo Airways, and Vietnam Airlines. In this way, you will have to spend only 2 hours and 30 minutes to get to Halong Bay, which is much shorter than flying from Da Nang to Hanoi. Particularly, the flight will last for 1 hour 10 minutes, plus transferring from Hai Phong to Halong Bay can take you about 1 hour 17 minutes more. Besides, this way will cost less than the former, about 57.53 USD/adult/flight and maximally 146 USD/person for transferring to the bay. After getting to Cat Bi Airport, you can painlessly get to Halong Bay by bus, taxi, private car, or cruise. During the trip, you will be taken through Bach Dang Bridge, where the scenic view of rivers gives you the feeling of peace. This way will perfectly fit the bill for those preferring quick and budget transfer from Da Nang to Halong Bay.
Da Nang to Halong Bay flight operators
An overview of Da Nang to Halong Bay flight operators
1. Vietnam Airlines
Vietnam Airlines, the national airline, has come to operation for 20 years and serves millions of passengers each year. Due to its high rate of safety, convenience, and transparency of information, the airline is now the most chosen. On flying from Danang to Halong Bay with Vietnam Airlines, you are promised strictly professional 4-star service which is made up of friendly staff, delightful meal, comfortable seat, etc.
- Perfect safety & great convenience: Boeing 787, Airbus A350, Airbus A321 are now the planes run by Vietnam Airlines. All of them are cutting-edge with modern amenities and proof of safety by their companies.
- Professional 4-star service: To Vietnam Airlines, the principal target is to please its passengers with the best service. Therefore, it is prevalent to find smiling staff, out-of-this-world food, etc.
- Information transparency: Whenever there is a delay or change in the flight's schedule, it will be informed to you at least 24 hours before due time so that you can manage.
- Charge-free check-in baggage: On paying for the flight, check-in baggage cost (20 kg allowed) is free, so no extra is needed unless your luggage is beyond the due weight.
- Flight delay: Some flights are unavoidably delayed from 1 to 2 hours (even 3 to 4 hours), which can be annoying to those who have a fixed plan.
- Slow check-in process: The check-in process can be sometimes overwhelming; thus, it will take you pretty long (about 50 minutes to 1 hour).
2. VietJet Air
VietJet Air is now one of the most popular budget carriers in Vietnam. With reasonable airfare for each flight, VietJet Air is a great choice for those coming to Vietnam on a budget like solo travelers. During its 10 years of operation, the airline has served millions of passengers all over the world, mainly in Asia. With a network of up to 105 airways all around Vietnam, Japan, Hong Kong. Singapore, Korea, Taiwan, etc., VietJet Air are facilitating its expansion in the Asia-Pacific and promises to provide passengers with better services in the future, giving you pleasant recollections of Vietnam.
- Money-saving: One of the biggest advantages of VietJet Air is the low airfare (compared to other airlines'). You can choose to opt for the airline as a way to save money during your vacation.
- Promotional programs: Promotional programs such as Golden Hour are launched by VietJet Air every year, which offers passengers chances to travel by flight at an extremely low cost.
- Adequate service: During your VietJet Air flight, it is completely not difficult to find well-trained staff to help you with your problem, or to get enough convenience to relax before taking part in activities in Halong Bay.
- Frequent flight delays: One of the greatest disadvantages of VietJet Air is the high rate of flight delays. During the day, your flight can be delayed at any time, so it is recommended that you have another plan for that inevitable situation or book the early flights as they are more likely to be on time.
- No free meal served: As a low-budget airline, VietJet Air has to minimize all of its extra cost to remain the lowest airfare. Therefore, it is reasonable that meals are not served for free but only to those having demand.
3. Bamboo Airways
Bamboo Airways is newly operated and has been the first 5-star airline of Vietnam. With the slogan "more than a flight", Bamboo promises to bring its passengers excellent service during their transfer to get them ready for the energetic vacation awaiting. So far, the airline has done well in pleasing its passenger, thus enhancing the image of the country's tourism industry. Bamboo Airways is now among the first choices of tourists that prefer convenience plus comfort during their trip. The operator itself is expected to achieve the leading position of 5-star aviation service in the upcoming years; therefore, you can opt for Bamboo Airways without any doubt about its service.
- Punctuality: Surprisingly, Bamboo Airways has ranked the first in top on-time air services of Vietnam and received plenty of good feedback from its passengers so far.
- High-end service: With a view to achieving the dominant position of a 5-star airline in Vietnam, Bamboo keeps on improving its services, making them perfectly meet the passengers' demand.
- Latest planes: Bamboo Airways is now running Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner and Airbus A321NEO, both of which are fully equipped with modern amenities such as cozy seats, spacious aisles, light-adjustable windows, etc.
- Flight cancellation & complicated refund policy: As Bamboo Airways is a new run operator, it is inevitable for flight cancelation to occur. Usually, flights are canceled due to several reasons such as lack of passengers, etc. In that case, refunding can be sometimes sophisticated as the policy is unclear.
Tips to travel by Da Nang to Halong Bay flight
1. Best destination
For the most convenient way, you can fly from Da Nang to Hanoi, then transfer to Halong Bay. This way makes sure that you are offered flexibility in time; hence a suitable schedule as flights from Da Nang to Noi Bai Airport are far more than those from Da Nang to Van Don. Besides, getting around the city before going to Halong Bay is quite a good experience as Hanoi has been well known as the long-standing capital that features many things to impress tourists.
2. Best airline to choose
From Da Nang to Halong Bay, you can choose to travel with Vietnam Airlines due to its reasonable price and professional service. Besides, as the number of Da Nang to Halong Bay flights of Vietnam Airlines is large, you can freely choose a flight that is suitable to your schedule, which is quite comfortable.
3. Cheapest airline
If visiting Vietnam on a budget, you can choose to travel from Da Nang to Halong Bay with VietJet Air, sine the airfare is considerably low, compared to other airlines'. This allows you to save money for other fascinating activities in Halong Bay.
Above are our recommendations for Da Nang to Halong Bay flight. You can follow our guide to get a great trip. For more detailed information, please contact us through our website/ hotline. We all hope that you have a great time in Viet Nam and are always available to help.
You can also like to read Halong Bay 3-Day & 2-Night Cruise Itinerary.
To get the best support like finding your tours in Danang or experiencing Halong overnight cruises, please contact us.
Duc Anh Tran
Image Source: Internet