Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh Bus: Brand, Schedule & Price
There are several options for you to move from Ho Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh. You can book a flight or go on a boat, however, the most convenient way is taking a bus. This article will introduce 3 bus companies that provide the Ho Chi Minh-Phnom Penh itinerary and some useful tips for your comfortable trip.
Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh by bus
Overview of Ho Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh Bus
It takes about 6 hours to travel 250 kilometers from Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh by bus. The bus runs straight ahead without stopping, although the border crossing will take some time. The bus employees will collect travelers' passports and do the necessary formalities while you take a quick break or relax in the free zone area. The time of finishing the paper depends on the line of queuing.
The bus ticket ranges from US$ 11 to US$ 40 (seater bus). Giant Ibis, Mekong Express, and Sorya bus are top recommended for the trip from Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh. All buses (normally 45 - seater buses) are equipped with AC and soft seats, water is always available on the bus. There is always an English-speaking tour guide to support you at any time.
Ho Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh Bus: Schedule & Prices
Most of the buses will run daily from Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh with, nearly 20 trips/ days so you can flexibly choose the best schedule for you as below:
|Bus (Direct bus)||Schedule||Ticket price (/way)|
|Giant Ibis||08:00||US$ 45|
|Mekong Express||6:30, 7:00, 8:30, 13:00, 15:00||US$ 30 - 35|
|Sorya||6:30, 7:30, 9:30, 13:30, 15:00||From US$ 29|
|Phyphy Transport||6:00, 8:00||From US$ 28|
*Bus prices could be changed due to an increase in petrol or toll fees without prior notice.
Top 3 Bus Companies for Ho Chi Minh-Phnom Penh trip
1. Giant Ibis Bus
Giant Ibis bus is famous among bus companies that run from Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh. The ticket price is much higher than the other ones but it is worth the money for its services.
- Departure time: 8:00
- Pick-up point: Giant Ibis office, Pham Ngu Lao st., Ho Chi Minh city
- Drop-off point: Giant Ibis bus station, Street 90, near Wat Phnom
- Facilities: Water, cold towels, and pastry from Blue Pumpkin or snacks are given to each guest at the beginning of the trip. The customers can enjoy the soft seat in a comfortable atmosphere thanks to the AC. Moreover, there will be 2 drivers on a bus to prevent driver fatigue and enhance the safety of passengers, which makes Giant Ibis outstanding from the others.
Giant Ibis Bus Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh
- Guest reviews: Giant Ibis bus received a lot of positive comments from the customers about the attitude of the staff, wifi, cleanliness, or the unexpected free water and snack. Almost all the guests said they felt comfortable while using the bus.
2. Mekong Express
Mekong Express is a Cambodian-based company, operating on a daily schedule and connecting major destinations in Cambodia as well as between Cambodia and Vietnam. Mekong Express keeps promoting its reputation by providing high-quality services.
- Departure time: 6:30, 7:00, 8:30, 13:00, 15:00
- Pick-up point: Mekong Express office, No. 275F, Pham Ngu Lao, Ho Chi Minh City
- Drop-off point: Mekong Express office, Road 5, Phnom Penh
- Facilities: Mekong Express uses high-quality buses, which have safe seat belts and large legroom ensuring good naps for customers. AC and water are also available. The bus staffs are well trained in First Aid and traffic law. They also can speak English and are willing to help the guests at any time.
Mekong Express bus Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh
- Guest reviews: Mekong Express seems to be the medium option for its price. lt is good enough for a 6-hour trip.
3. Sorya Bus
Sorya bus was founded in 2006 and runs services in Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, and Vietnam. Sorya bus provides one of the cheapest options if you would like to travel from Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh.
- Departure time: 6:30, 7:30, 9:30, 13:30, 15:00
- Pick-up point: Sorya bus station, No. 301, Pham Ngu Lao street, Ho Chi Minh City
- Drop-off point: Sorya bus station, Phnom Penh
- Facilities: The bus is equipped with AC and soft seats. The bus staff are well trained and are able to speak both Vietnamese and English so feel free to ask them if you have any questions about the trip to Cambodia or Vietnam.
Sorya Bus from Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh
- Guest reviews: At its basic price, you will not get luxury services. However, you still can adapt to this acceptable standard at a cheap cost.
Local Tips to Travel from Ho Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh by Bus
- Choose a good travel agency
Booking bus tickets through a trusted travel agency always helps you save money by getting some discounts and extra offers. Also, travel agencies provide useful advice that you can use to plan your trip better. Moreover, they are in charge of the case when there is an unexpected thing on your trip.
- Book in advance
The high-quality bus puts limitations on the number of guests to ensure their services. For example, they only set 28 available tickets on a 35-seater bus or 11 available tickets on a 16-seater van. Therefore, if you decide your plan to travel from Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh by bus, you should reserve it as soon as possible in case they are fully booked.
- Keep valuable things with you
There will be many passengers on the bus, therefore, you should leave your important things in a safe place that is within your reach.
- Ask for services at the border gate
The 3 bus companies above always help guests to finish all papers at the border gate. If you choose other buses, you should check whether they can help you finish the border check, because the queue is supposed to be very long on some holidays and the bus staff will finish it quicker than you due to their experience.
- Inform your hotel in Cambodia of your arrival
It is very cheap to travel around by tuk-tuk in Cambodia, however, who knows what will happen on your first experience there. You should message your hotel about your schedule and which bus company you travel with to let them prepare your room well. Besides, many hotels provide pickup services which are recommended to avoid being scammed.
After reading our above travel guides, we hope that you will have a perfect experience when traveling between Ho Chi Minh and Phnom Penh. If you have any related concerns or want to book a full package of Vietnam to Cambodia tour, immediately send your messages to BestPrice to get the best advice from our experienced tour guides!
Image source: Internet
Questions & Answers (6)
Hello, I would not like to be in a sleeper bus. I’d prefer to chat with my friend on this ride. Which bus company should I pick? Thank you! (The buses in Vietnam have been sleeper buses sooo I’m not sure)
Hi! There aren't many option for sleeper bus from Ho Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh, you can contact directly to below bus brand and check if the sleeper bus option is available:
- Kumho Samco
- Khai Nam Transport
- Thai Duong Limousine
I want to apply for an E-Visa for Cambodia. Do all the buses cross the border at Moc Bai/Bavet?
Most of the bus cross the border at Moc bai
Hello We are spanish and we dont need visa in vietnam if we only stay 15 days. When we want travel ho chi minh- phnom penh we stay 17. Do you know if we will any problem in the vietnam border? Thank you
Beside visa you'll need at least 2 doses of vaccine covid-19 or negative paper with covid-19 to get in Vietnam
how much ticket now from saigon to phnom penh and phnom penh to saigon, dated 1-20-23 and coming back 1-26-23
Bus cost from 30 - 45 USD/person /way. Please let me know how many tickets do you want.
How do I book the bus that is 10usd? Online I can only see ones that are 30 plus. We want to go from Ho Chi Minh to phonm penh on the 21/11/22?
Sorry the rate for bus already change due to petrol increase, we havent updated yet. We will update very soon.