Vietnam Visa Information
Vietnam is now open and welcomes all travelers and business people to Vietnam. Therefore, getting a visa to Vietnam is quite easy and simple. Let's see all Vietnam Visa information below.
General Information on Vietnam Visa
In general, most visitors to Vietnam need a visa to enter the country. Visas are exempted for the citizens of the countries which have signed a bilateral or unilateral visa exemption agreement with Vietnam. Before planning a trip, be sure to check Vietnam visa requirements.
Visa can be applied in person at the Consulate General of Vietnam in the city you live in or by mail/post to the Consulate-General’s address.
The time to process a visa application is normally 3 working days. In case of urgency, the applicant may contact the Consulate General of Vietnam for advice.
Normally, the Vietnamese visa can be applied for no earlier than 6 months prior to the date of departure and the applicant can enter Vietnam anytime from the proposed date of entry. Remember, the visa will be expired exactly from the date given.
How to get a Vietnam Visa
Technically, there are 2 options to obtain a Vietnamese tourist visa:
Option 1: Getting a visa at the Vietnamese Embassy or Consulate office
A visa to Vietnam can be applied for by mail or in person at the Embassy as early as 06 months prior to the date of travel. The applicant is responsible for checking accurate information on the visa being issued by the Embassy. In case of mistakes, please contact the Embassy immediately for correction. Otherwise, the applicant is fully responsible for the mistakes.
Option 2: Visa on Arrival (VOA)
The online visa application is so simple that can be done in a few minutes. You don't need to provide paper documents or upload them. Just stay at home and follow 2 easy steps below to apply for a Vietnam visa online:
- Fill out an online visa application form
- Confirm and pay online
After approximately 2 working days, you will receive a visa approval letter via email. The letter is efficient to board the plane and collect a stamp at the airport.
Sample of Vietnam Visa approval letter
IMPORTANT NOTE: After receiving your visa, check and make sure that ALL the information is correct (especially passport number and visa date). Any error must be notified to our staff immediately and BEFORE your trip to Viet Nam.
Vietnam Visa Required documents
1. Paper visa application
- Visa application form (take at the embassy office or download from the embassy’s website). All of the forms required for your Vietnamese visa can be found online and vary from country to country.
- Origin passport valid for at least 06 months
- 01 passport-sized photo (4x6cm) taken within the last 06 months
- Visa approval from Immigration Department obtained by your sponsor in Vietnam (required for business visa application)
- A copy of the itinerary (if applicable)
- Application fee (in cash). Visa fees are various and depend on the length of stay, the number of entries and the purpose of your trip. It is best to contact your national embassy to check prices before your application. All payments are non-refundable.
- A self-addressed envelope with a postal charge if you want to receive your Vietnam visa by post.
2. Vietnam visa on arrival
Get Vietnam Visa on Arrival at the airport.
Documents required for approving a visa approval letter:
- An online visa application form
- Application fee (pay online with credit/debit card)
Documents required for stamping process at arrival airport:
- Visa approval letter
- Original passport valid for at least 06 months
- 01 passport-sized photo (4x6cm)
- Entry/Exit form
- Stamping fee
Important Information about Vietnam Visa
- The Embassy reserves the right of refusal for any visa application.
- Visa will be valid from the date of entry (provided in the application form) and extended for 30 days or 90 days depending on the type of visa. You must leave before visa expiration.
- Visa procedures and fees for children are the same as for adults if the children have their own passports. Children who are included in their parents’ passports don't need separate visas and are not charged. The parents must sign the applications on behalf of children under 14 years old.
- Amendments of the visa can be done only when the visa is still valid. The fee is applied.
- Fees and charges are non-refundable, except in the case of Visa rejection.
- You do not need a visa to enter/re-enter Viet Nam if you do not cross passport control when catching connecting flights.
- Please do not purchase air tickets/holiday packages to Viet Nam before you obtain a visa. The visa process is not bound by your travel plan.
- The Embassy is not responsible for any loss or damage to redundant documents which are not required.
In the end, with a simple and easy way for getting a Vietnam visa, why don't you take an amazing trip to Vietnam to discover the hidden charm of Vietnam?
Image Sources: Internet