Where to taste the best of Saigon noodles?
Seeking a pleasant noodles restaurant in Saigon while you are staying here? Look no further because we will provide a list of restaurants that sell the best noodles in Saigon for you.
Saigon noodles are a little bit different from Hanoi one. The broth is fatter and there are some other greens added to the dish such as bean sprouts and herbs. However, the authentic Pho is from the North. Therefore, it is easy to find a noodles restaurant in Saigon that sells Northern-style Pho. Check out the best restaurants to taste noodles in Saigon in this article.
1. Pho Le
If you want to know how Southern-style noodles taste, come to Pho Le. This noodles restaurant in Saigon has been around for about 50 years. It is the best place for you to enjoy the taste of Saigon noodles. The original restaurant is located in District 5. Pho Le is known for its elegance and cleanliness. Also, they have professional staff and quality service.
Saigon noodles come with more vegetables
- Ingredients: The broth of Pho Le is sweet and a bowl of Pho is full of vegetables and meat, so you will be full after eating. The ingredients include noodles, beef, broth, and veggies like bean sprouts and herbs. Pho Le is so popular among the locals as a delicious Pho restaurant specializing in Saigon noodles. You will be satisfied when eating here.
Branch 1: 413 – 415 Nguyen Trai, Ward 7, District 5, HCM
Branch 2: 303 – 305 Vo Van Tan, Ward 5, District 3, HCM
- Opening hours:
Branch 1: 06:00 a.m – 01:00 a.m
Branch 2: 07:00 a.m – 22:00 p.m
- Average price: $1.5 - $2
2. Pho Thin
Pho Thin is a very famous brand in Vietnam. Because of its success, it has many restaurants from the North to the South. There is even an official Pho Thin restaurant in Melbourne, Australia. But the original one is located in Lo Duc Street, Hanoi. Thin noodles restaurant in Saigon is next to the Coop Mart supermarket in District 3. The restaurant offers a quiet environment for diners.
- Ingredients: One of its most famous dishes is Pho Tai Nam in which beef is stir-fried in a pan before being put in the bowl of noodles. It will then be added with delicious broth and a lot of green onions. This noodle dish has made the name of the restaurant for over 30 years.
Pho Thin is a must-try if you come to Vietnam
- Address: 170 Nguyen Dinh Chieu, Ward 6, District 3, HCM.
- Opening hours: 07:00 a.m – 14:00 p.m | 16:00 p.m – 22:00 p.m
- Average price: $1.5 - $2.5
3. Pho Hai Trieu
Pho Hai Trieu is a newly opened noodles restaurant in Saigon that serves Northern-style Pho. The restaurant is located on Hai Trieu Street (maybe that's why it is named Hai Trieu Noodles). This is one of the very few places that sell noodles in Saigon all day long. The main reason is that it is located in District 1- a busy area in Saigon. In addition, it is also near office buildings, so many people from those offices would go there for lunch.
- Ingredients: Along with beef noodles, the restaurant also serves chicken noodles as well. They use the same broth, but with different meat. You will have bean sprouts and other veggies served with it.
- Address: 31 Hai Trieu Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, HCM
- Opening hours: 05:00 a.m – 23:00 p.m
- Average price: $2 - $3.2
4. Pho Dau
Pho Dau is a very popular restaurant in Saigon
Pho Dau is probably one of the oldest noodles restaurants in Saigon. It has a history of more than 55 years and still keeps the taste of Northern noodles. A bowl of Dau noodles is served with a small bowl of thinly sliced onion, but not beansprouts or a bunch of herbs.
- Ingredients: Unlike other restaurants specializing in Saigon noodles, Pho Dau is not served with soy sauce, and you shouldn’t expect beef balls added in the bowl. Instead, there are small pieces of lemon and chili sauce on the table. It is recommended to add them to the bowl and mix them before eating. If you would like to know how it tastes, you better go to the restaurant early because it only opens until 11 am. Also, the price is a little bit higher than other Pho restaurants in Saigon.
- Address: 288, Alley 288 M1 Nam Ky Khoi Nghia Street, Ward 8, District 3, HCM
- Opening hours: 5.00 a.m – 11.00 a.m
- Average price: $2.5 - $4
5. Pho Tau Bay
Pho Tau Bay has been around since 1954, therefore, it is a very popular brand among the locals. For them, the flavor of this noodles restaurant in Saigon is unforgettable. One interesting story about this restaurant is the name Tau Bay which means airplanes. The reason behind that name is because the owner always wore his pilot hats.
- Ingredients: Originally, this restaurant served typical Northern noodles, which means there are no vegetables and soy sauce. However, they have changed a little bit lately as they add more greens to their Pho bowl.
- Address: 433 – 435 Ly Thai To, Ward 9, District 10, HCM
- Opening hours: 06:00 a.m – 11:00 a.m
- Average price: $2 - $3
6. Pho Minh
Pho Minh restaurant in Saigon is small, but it is an ancient restaurant that reflects the 60 years history of the brand.
- Ingredients: Pho Minh has sweet broth but no taste of sugar. A bowl of Pho is simply a mixture of bone broth, rice noodles, and meat. This restaurant only serves breakfast and it closes at 10 am every day.
- Address: 63/6 Pasteur, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, HCM
- Opening hours: 06:30 a.m – 10:00 a.m
- Average price: $1.5 - $2.2
7. Pho Hoa Pasteur
This is another old noodles restaurant in Saigon that has been around for more than 50 years. Coming here, you will have a chance to enjoy one of the best Pho restaurants in Saigon.
- Ingredients: When you order a bowl of Pho here, you will get a lot of meat and vegetables. There is “Quay” (crispy dough) on the table if you want to add to the bowl. However, Quay is not included in the price of Pho.
- Address: 260C Pasteur, District 3, HCM
- Opening hours: 7:00 a.m – 22:00 p.m
- Average price: $3 - $4
8. Pho Cao Van
Pho Cao Van started out as a small Pho car in Hanoi. You know how long it has been around as the owner is now a 90-year-old man. Its location has been changed many times since it came to Saigon. Although more and more noodle restaurants are being seen in this economic hub, Pho Cao Van is still loved by locals and tourists.
A bowl of Pho Cao Van is delicious
- Ingredients: The broth of Pho is sweet and clear without fat. A bowl of Pho is full of beef and noodles. However, sitting in a restaurant can be a little bit unpleasant during hot days
- Address: 25 Mac Dinh Chi, District 1, HCM
- Opening hours: 06:00 a.m – 22:30 p.m
- Average price: $1.5 - $2.5
9. Pho Bo Phu Gia
This is a small restaurant in Saigon where people can enjoy the mixed taste of Northern and Southern Pho. The thing about this dish is that spring onions are not chopped but are put the whole thing in a bowl.
- Ingredients: The broth has an extra layer of fat. There are no vegetables and soy sauce served with Pho, but it has bean sprouts. That’s why it is the combination of both Pho styles. You can add lemon, chili sauce, and garlic to enjoy the Pho.
- Address: 146E Ly Chinh Thang, Ward 7, District 3, HCM
- Opening hours: 06:00 a.m – 11:00 a.m | 17:00 p.m – 22:00 p.m
- Average price: $1.2 - $ 2.2
10. Pho Chua Lang Son
Pho Chua means Sour Noodles. Now can you guess the taste? This restaurant will bring you a unique experience when eating Pho.
- Ingredients: A bowl of Pho here is not served with broth. The sour and sweet taste comes from noodles, meat, vegetables, roasted peanuts and special sauce. You need to eat slowly to enjoy the full flavor of it.
- Address: 242/101 Nguyen Thien Thuat, Ward 3, District 3, HCM
- Opening hours: 15:00 p.m – 7:30 p.m
- Average price: $1 - $1.5
(Image sources: Internet)