Hue Weather in February: Temperature & Things to Do
The weather of Hue, Vietnam is usually hot and humid all year round due to the hot wind from the neighbor Laos and Hue’s location in the center of the country. However, if you come to visit it in February, the weather would be much cooler and more comfortable. Let's learn detail about Hue weather in February in the article below.
- Hue weather in February
- Things to do in Hue in February
- Pros and cons of Visiting Hue in February
- Events & festival (if have)
- Tips for traveling Hue in February
- Now it's time for you to book Hue tours with us.
Every year, Thua Thien Hue, Vietnam attracts thousands of visitors worldwide to contemplate the tranquil beauty. However, February may be the peak season of this place thanks to its soothing weather. So, what is Hue weather like in February? Let’s find out in the article below.
Hue weather in February
In February, Hue's average temperature is between 17°C and 23°C with 91% humidity. This is the driest month of the year in Hue. The sun shines occasionally, which takes around 151 hours.
The precipitation of Hue in February is 56mm with 11 rainy days in this month. Therefore, when visiting this place in February, you should prepare yourself some waterproof clothes as well as some shorts and skirts to play under the hot weather.
Things to do in Hue in February
The weather in February is super hot and humid. However, there are still a number of different activities in Hue you can join. Here are some examples for you:
Visit the Ancient Emperors’ Tombs
Whenever coming to Hue, the first thing you should do is to pay a visit to the tombs of the Ancient Emperors. Here, you will have a chance to learn more about Vietnamese history and architecture in the 19th and 20th centuries. The tombs can also tell you the stories of Buddhist legends.
Khai Dinh tomb
Stroll around the Perfume River
One of the most well-known waterways in Vietnam in general and in Hue, in particular, is the Perfume River. Along the banks of this river, there is a super delightful waterfront promenade. This perfect combination creates a suitable atmosphere for visitors to come for scenic walks. In addition, you can choose to rent a paddleboat or take an elegant cruise in the evening in case you want to get closer to the river.
Taking a boat trip in Hue
Taste the delicious food
Each region in Vietnam has its distinct specialties and so does Hue. This royal city welcomes tourists with multiple cuisines such as Hue Beef Noodle Soup, Hue Lemongrass Skewers, Clam Rice, Steamed Rice Cakes, and Tapioca Dumplings. No matter what kind of Hue weather is, you can still have a chance to try all of that food in Hue.
Banh Xeo, a must-try dish in Hue
Visit Bach Ma National Park
This National Park is around 1,450 meters from sea level and it includes a wide range of gorgeous sceneries in Hue. Once having a journey to Bach Ma National Park, you can see towering waterfalls, beautiful hiking trails along with numerous crumbling French villas.
Waterfalls in Bach Ma National park
Pros and cons of Visiting Hue in February
- Pros: Travel to Hue in February, you can enjoy the cool and dry weather. This is the month of the most important holiday in Vietnam: Tet holiday or the Lunar New Year festival, so you can have the best chance to understand the Vietnamese culture and traditions deeper. This is also the time that Vietnamese people cook a lot of traditional food, or even royal food especially in Hue, so visiting the city this time, you will have a lot of chances to taste these fascinating foods.
- Cons: The cold weather makes it inconvenient for doing some outdoor activities, especially beach activities, so if you love swimming, diving, or any underwater activities, maybe down South destinations are better choices.
Events & festival (if have)
February is the month of the Tet holiday and a series of festivals after that. At the stroke of midnight on Tet eve, fireworks will fly across the city, launching a full week of festivals and festivities. There are too many events that are so amazing that we can’t count them all but trust me, February is the most festive month everywhere in Vietnam.
Tips for traveling Hue in February
- Hue weather in February is very cool, and quite cold at night and early morning, so don’t forget to bring some warm clothes.
- In Huế, during the entire year, the rain falls for 237.5 days and collects up to 1230mm (48.43") of precipitation. So even when February is the driest month in Hue, you should prepare an umbrella or raincoat because there are still 11 days of rain according to the estimation.
- Hue people eat very spicily, so be aware of it and inform your tour guide or the restaurant if you can’t eat spicy food.
- Hue is a city that has many stunning beaches, but the weather in February is not really suitable for beach activities, so you can consider some other amazing things instead like biking, trekking, camping, or other outdoor sports.
- Tet is the best chance for you to know deeper about Vietnamese culture and tradition, so make friends with some local friends and if you’re lucky, these friends may invite you to join the festival with their family.
Overall, the Hue weather in February is quite hot and humid for some people. However, it is the typical feature of this place. So if you do not mind the heat, why don’t come to Hue and gain many more interesting experiences?
Now it's time for you to book Hue tours with us.
You might want to know about Hue weather in March.
Image source: Internet
Questions & Answers (1)
I am entering Vietnam on 26 January, leaving on 8 February and re-entering on 16 February to leave finally on 17 February. Do i need a visa, or even two visas?
Hi! Depend on your passport, you maybe on the list of Vietnam Visa Exemption or not, so you should check about that first. In the case you must have visa and your nationality is approved for applying Evisa, you need 2 visas for entering Vietnam twice. On the other hand, if you have a regular visa which valids for 30 days or more and is a multiple entries visa, you only need 1 visa.