Phnom Penh Weather in January
Checks out our article for Phnom Penh weather January and tips for exploring the hidden charm of Khmer culture in Cambodia’s capital
Phnom Penh is one of the two most famous tourist cities in Cambodia. Not only attracts tourists with bustling economic activities, but Phnom Penh is also an attractive destination for people to freely experience the culture, cuisine, and life of the people here. And January is Cambodia's peak season when many tourists flock here. So how is Phnom Penh weather January? What places to visit in Phnom Penh in January? All will be answered by BestPrice Travel right here!
Is January a best time to visit Phnom Penh?
As a country located in the tropical monsoon climate zone, the most apparent characteristics are two seasons: dry and rainy seasons. The dry season starts from December to May of the following year. However, due to the influence of the northeast monsoon, the weather is excellent and pleasant, suitable for sightseeing activities.
Therefore, January is an excellent time to visit Cambodia's capital, Phnom Penh. Furthermore, January is traditionally one of the best months to visit the country. The calm and pleasant weather is very suitable for the tourist season here. However, it is also a bit of a problem, as January is one of the busiest months, and many tourists will flock here in large numbers. If you go there this time, you should pay attention to the price of hotel rooms and airfares, which can be 2-3 times higher than on weekdays.
Discover Khmer culture at Phnom Penh in January is a best choice.
How is the Phnom Penh weather in January?
Overview of Phnom Penh Weather January
January is the driest month of the year in Phnom Penh weather; the average temperature is only 26 degrees Celsius. On the hottest day, the temperature is around 31,5°C. The weather is generally quite pleasant and dry, suitable for tourists to have the most favourable travel.
Moreover, this is also the perfect time to explore the temples or other famous places in Phnom Penh.
Sunny hours per day
Chance of rain
21°C – 31.5°C
~ 8 hours
Pros & Cons
- Convenient for tourist activities. Flights all land on schedule and are rarely cancelled or delayed.
- It rarely rains in January, so you can safely explore the capital and enjoy outdoor activities.
- January is the time of many traditional festivals; this will be the best opportunity for you to learn more about the culture of the indigenous people.
- January is the peak tourist season in Phnom Penh, so airfares and hotels are very high and even challenging to book in advance.
- The weather can be hot and sunny, making you exhausted if you stay outside for too long.
Tips for travelling Phnom Penh in January
The following are travel tips in Phnom Penh in January that you should keep in mind:
- January weather in Phnom Penh is quite dry and warm. You should wear clothing with relaxed and comfortable materials, such as t-shirts, shorts, and skirts,...
- You should bring cool clothes, hats, masks, drinking water, and sunscreen when going outdoors.
- Should choose hotels near the centre to move to attractions quickly.
- January is the right time to visit the temples in Phnom Penh. And you can also watch sunrise and sunset at Angkor.
- Because it is the peak season of travel, you always have to pay attention to the things you bring. So store your luggage carefully and be wary of strangers on the road.
- You should bring standard medicine such as pain reliever, cough, fever, and flu in your travel luggage.
Overall, Phnom Penh weather in January is very suitable for you if you intend to travel. If you choose to visit the capital Phnom Penh in January, you can check out some of the early Phnom Penh tours & holiday packages available for an ideal plan.
(Image source: Internet)