Thien Canh Son Cave
Located in the center of Cong Do Island, Thien Canh Son Cave is one of the worth-visiting caves in Halong Bay. “True Heaven on Earth” is how locals describe this place for its stunning scenery.
- Location: Cong Do Island Conservation Area, Bai Tu Long Bay.
- 25km away from Bai Chay Ward.
- Dry cave, higher than the seawater level.
- The name means "Fairy scene in the mountain".
- Famous for its rare natural beauty of limestone stalactites, and surrounding beautiful landscape.
The magnificent Thien Canh Son Cave
What is special about this attraction?
The road to Thien Canh Son Cave is located under the forest canopy and is made of stone. Walk through 400 steps leading to the cave, you will be amazed by the path’s green beauty with the shades of forest and steep cliff just like climbing towards the gate of heaven.
Although the entrance is quite small, after entering the cave, visitors will witness the complex stalagmite & stalactite system inside. The cave’s wavy dome is covered with thousands of twinkle stalactites, resulting in a beautiful light glow all over the area.
Majestic stalactites formation in the cave
These stalactites have undergone a very long formation time, up to thousands of years. Through the wonderful hands of nature, they have formed beautiful images such as lotus flowers, monkeys, seals, and chandeliers... Visitors can let their imagination soar in the beautiful scenery like fairy tales here.
Right below the cave is a fabulous white sandy beach with naturally emerald water. Besides wallowing in the airy atmosphere, travelers can go kayaking to explore the island further.
Peaceful as it is, Thien Canh Son Cave is the place that has it all: A great natural experience, mysterious cave discovery, and relaxing time on the beach.
How to get to Thien Canh Son cave
Excited about the adventure? There are multi ways for you to reach Thien Canh Son Cave:
- From Tuan Chau Port, you can buy a ticket for Route No. 4 (~10$/pax) from the ticket counter.
- Get on the boat to visit famous attractions in Bai Tu Long Bay which include Thien Canh Son Cave.
- You can look for Bai Tu Long Bay Cruise which included the cave in the itinerary as a preferred option. In this way, you can spend more time exploring the beautiful bay.
To prepare carefully for your trip to Thien Canh Son Cave, here are some tips by natives to make your time in this area wonderful:
- The best time to visit the cave is from September to next April for nice weather and the low domestic tourist season.
- Packed lightly and wear sneakers to walk to the cave easier.
The huge area inside the cave
- Check the weather before visiting. The path leading to Thien Canh Son can be extremely slippery in wet weather conditions.
- Remember to keep an eye on your belongings when visiting the cave to avoid pickpocket.
- Protect the environment in the area here. This place is a natural reserve, you need to be careful with the living environment of wild species on Cong Do Island.
With the above information, BestPrice Travel hopes to bring travelers important information about Thien Canh Son Cave. We wish you will make many memorable experiences in the journey of discovery here.
Image sources: Internet