Cambodia Weather in January: Temperatures & Travel Tips
Cambodia is a perfect holiday destination that can be visited all year-round, depending on what you are looking for since the weather in Cambodia each month has its own features. In this article, Bestprice Travel will give detailed information about Cambodia's weather in January.
Is January the best time to visit Cambodia?
The best month to visit Cambodia depends on the temperature you prefer and what you plan to do during your visit. The dry season between November and April is normally preferred by tourists. And as January is among them, it can be listed as one of the best times to visit Cambodia.
In fact, December and January are the driest months in Cambodia. It is hot with few drops of rain, driving everyone to go to the beach. Therefore, this time is the peak season on Southern Cambodia beaches.
The weather of Cambodia on Southern beaches
How is the Cambodia weather in January?
In the month of January, the whole of Cambodia weather experiences good conditions with blue skies and pleasant temperatures. There is not much chance or barely any rain during this first month of the year.
Overview of Cambodia's weather in January
January is a very warm month with maximum daytime temperatures around 32°C and nighttime temperatures around 20°C (69°F). During this time, you can take the chance to sightsee and join outdoor activities. As it is a very warm month, get prepared and make sure to dress lightly.
Outdoor Activities in Cambodia January
In Cambodia in January, rains are rare. The precipitation ranges from 2 mm in Stung Treng to moderate in Sihanoukville with 30mm making it the driest month of the year.
January is the peak season for tourism in beach areas. In coastal regions, the average temperature hovers around 26°C. The weather’s very similar in the northern city of Siem Reap, with highs of 31°C and lows of 19°C. If you’re visiting the beautiful beaches, the Indian Ocean is a beautifully warm 28°C in January, perfect for swimming, snorkeling, or scuba-diving.
Swimming in Indian Ocean Cambodia
Besides, the journey time to Mondulkiri and Ratanakiri is shorter thanks to good road conditions this month. Sunny daytimes and cooler temperatures help adventure activities like trekking into jungles or interacting with wildlife in these places much more pleasant.
Average temperature, humidity, rainfalls, rainy days & sunny hours
19°C - 31°C
Pros & Cons
- Cambodia's weather in January is favorable for traveling activities. You can take a flight without being canceled.
- Rains are rare, so you can go sightseeing and take part in outdoor activities
- In January in Cambodia, many traditional festivals take place, which is a good chance for you to explore the local culture.
- January is the peak season for tourism, so it is hard to book flights and hotels
- The fact that it hardly rains for the whole month can sometimes make you tired
- Going outside under the heat, you will be exhausted if not well prepared
Tips for traveling to Cambodia in January
- Cambodia's climate in January is pretty warm. It is recommended to wear clothes made of light cotton fabrics, such as T-shirts, dresses, shorts and so on.
- Coming to Cambodia in January, you should bring along: airy and comfortable clothes; hats, and face masks for going out under the heat; bottles of water; sunscreen to apply frequently
- Choose to stay at the hotel near the city center, sightseeing places for convenient transportation
- Besides beaches, Angkor Wat is another suitable place to visit in January. Known as Cambodia's national treasure, it is the world's largest temple and also the world's earliest Khmer architecture. January is one of the best months to visit Angkor Wat. Because it is the dry season, the weather is fine and cool. Visitors can watch Angkor sunrise and sunset.
- As it is the peak season for tourism, you will have to watch out for your things. Store your luggage carefully and be wary of strangers on the road.
- You should bring common medicines such as pain relievers, cough, fever, and flu in your travel luggage.
All in all, Cambodia's weather in January seems to be so favorable for those who plan to travel. If you choose to visit the country this month, don’t forget to look for some Cambodian Tours & Holiday Packages. Going on tours will give you an interesting experience. You can also contact us at BestPrice Travel to have your questions properly answered. We are always available to help you with the best vacation.
(Image source: Internet)