Da Nang Weather in December: Temperature & Things to Do
Danang is a large, bustling city in Central Vietnam that is worth visiting for few days. The city offers spectacular mountain views, white sandy beaches, and plenty of fun activities. If your holiday is in December and you are wondering if Danang is an ideal place, keep reading our article. It is about Da Nang Weather in December: Temperature & Things to Do
Da Nang weather in December overview
December is the last month of the rainy season when the temperature decreases by 10% compared to the previous month and fluctuates between 20°C and 23°C. You will feel warm during day time and a bit cold at night.
Temperature: The average high temperature is 23°C while the average low temperature is 20°C.
Humidity: Together with January is the humid month in Danang, with an average relative humidity of 89%.
Rainy days: the rain falls for 12 days with 212.5mm of precipitation.
Sea temperature: The average seawater temperature in December is 25°C.
Daylight: The average length of the day is 11 hours, making it the month with the shortest days in Danang.
Sunshine hours: The average sunshine hours in December is 5.5 hours.
- The weather in Da Nang at this time is quite cool and sunny, so you don't need to worry too much about the heat.
- This time in Da Nang is not very crowded. Therefore, it is convenient to go out and walk, without wasting time waiting or queuing.
- Airfares, train tickets, or other bookings in Da Nang are all cheap, so you do not have to worry about the expensive price.
- December is the month of a big holiday like Christmas, New Year, so many public places such as the amusement parks, city centre are beautifully decorated and have plenty of special activities.
- December is the last month of the rainy season in Da Nang, so the weather is unpredictable. Sometimes it rains which can delay your travel. Therefore, when travelling to Da Nang in December, you also need to notice this feature to prepare well for your trip.
- Some days during the month sea temperature can be cold and you can not swim.
Things to do in Da Nang in December
Explore Ba Na Hill
Ba Na Hill is truly a wonderful destination for anyone who travels to Danang. Coming here, you will be able to enjoy the climate of 4 seasons in just one day. December is not peak season for visiting Ba Na Hills, so you will feel relaxed and be able to fully enjoy the peaceful fresh atmosphere. There is no need to rush from one place to another to find the empty places for check-in. Besides, sightseeing, you can take pictures at the French Village, Golden Bridge, Dinosaur Park or play games at Fantasy Park, or enjoy cuisine from Asia to Europe in more than 30 restaurants here.
Ba Na Hill in December
Enjoy seafood hotpot and grilled seafood
December is chilly, so everyone is looking for food that can warm them up. A bowl of hotpot with seafood such as shrimp, squid, fish, … can wake all your senses up. Danang in the coastal area is famous for its seafood dishes which are fresh and rich with their broth. Besides hotpot, grilled seafood is something you should never miss. You can find grilled seafood at many food stalls in Danang streets, just take a chair, sit next to the fire. The smell from the grilled seafood is so good, the sizzle of the cooked seafood on the grill is so attractive. Only thinking about it can make your mouth watering.
Visit Hoian ancient town
Located 39 km from Danang is Hoian which is a famous tourist destination for both domestic and foreign tourists can be visited in a day tour. The city has a unique beauty with red, mossy roofs, lanterns hanging everywhere, and 1300 well-preserved ancient relics including ancient houses, pagodas, wells…Visiting the ancient town, you can walk around the old town, take pictures in the bougainvillea, small alleys, or enjoy the specialities here such as Cao Lau, chicken rice, ...
Hoi An Ancient town
Visit Marble Mountain
About 8km southeast of the city centre is Marble mountain or Ngu Hanh Son mountain, a complex of limestone mountains located independently in different azimuths. Each mountain represents five different elements which are Kim Son, Moc Son, Thuy Son, Hoa Son, Moc Son. Coming here, you can also visit the many pagodas, temples, and caves such as Linh Son pagoda, Tam Thai pagoda, Huyen Khong cave, Am Phu cave, etc.
Tips for travelling Da Nang in December
Danang is beautiful during Christmas and New Year, however, prices for hotels, flight tickets can be increased. Normally choosing to stay in two or three stars’ hotels can save money as you will not need to pay for the surcharge or compulsory dinner on New Year or Christmas. Booking a Danang tour in advance is highly recommended so do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance for your plan.
What to pack?
The weather in December in Da Nang is similar to autumn in Hanoi, but during the day it is sunnier or rainy. The following are the items, clothes, and shoes you need to prepare if you have decided to travel to Da Nang in December.
- Clothing: Bring both long-sleeved clothes and shorts to change depending on the weather, bring a thin or medium jacket, especially if you go to Ba Na Hill.
- Shoes: Bring sports shoes for walking, and slippers or flip flops as well
- Umbrellas, hats, and raincoats: Do not forget to bring these items in case it rains
In conclusion, Da Nang in December has its own beauty. Let's prepare well for your upcoming trip, and you will have an incredible trip.
You might want to know about Da Nang weather January.
Image source: Internet