Fansipan Cable Car: All You Need to Know
You are planning to conquer the rooftop of Indochina – Mount Fansipan with a height of 3143m in Sapa, and thinking of the fastest and safest way to reach this mountain peak. Fansipan cable car will be the best choice as you need only 15 minutes to get to the peak instead of 1 or even 2 days trekking. Do not forget to follow our Fansipan Cable Car guide to gain essential information before your adventurous journey, you will find useful information there.
Table of Contents
Where is the cable car station?
The distance between 2 cable car stations is 1,400 meters, and you need 15 minutes to travel between these two stations instead of 2 days trekking.
The cable car starts from Hoang Lien station which is located in the Fansipan Legend tourist area, 3 km away from the Stone Church in the center of Sapa town. A cable car can accommodate from 30 to 35 people and transfer 2,000 passengers between the 2 stations in 1 hour.
The cable car ends in Fansipan cable car station, there you need to climb 600 ladders more to reach the top of Fansipan peak and touch the landmark on the roof of Indochina, or visit the beautiful Fansipan Legend with Bamboo Garden, Bao An Thien Tu, Bich Van Thien, restaurant, shopping center, etc.
Waiting to enter Fansipan Cable cab
How to get to Hoang Lien cable car station
There are multiple choices to get to the cable car station from Sapa town, such as taking a taxi, a train, or going on foot.
- Go by Taxi
Taking a taxi is the option to get to the Hoang Lien cable car fastest which only takes you about 10 minutes. You need to pay 17,000 VND/ km instead of 10-12K/km as usual because the taxi fee in Sapa is much higher than in other places.
- Go on Foot
If you want to trek sapa and want to see the beautiful scenery, you can walk. Starting from the Sapa Church to the Silver Falls intersection, then turn left to Nguyen Chi Thanh and go straight to Fansipan Legend (about 1,7 km). With lots of signs along the road, you will get to the cable car station easily.
- Go by Train
Tourists can choose to travel from Sapa town to the cable car station by using the mountain train. The railway is the longest mountain railway in Vietnam, starting from the MGallery hotel in Sa Pa town and finishing its journey on the Fansipan cable car station. The train goes through several mysterious tunnels, crosses the viaduct, and offers passengers a view to looking down the majestic natural beauty of Muong Hoa valley and peaceful villages.
Sapa Fansipan cable car's highlights
- World record
Sunworld Fansipan Legend Cable Car System has been recognized with 02 world records– the world’s longest 3-line cable car system (6292.5m long) and the highest altitude difference in the world (1410m).
- Convenient and Easy
Before the cable car run, it took at least one day for tourists to get to the peak of Fansipan peak. Tourists also need to prepare their health months in advance for trekking Fansipan. Not everyone is fit enough for conquering mount Fansipan, you also need to carry heavy luggage to get there. Fansipan cable car helps to shorten the traveling time to the roof of Indochina, to only 20 minutes, fulfilling the dreams of many tourists.
- Stunning landscape
On the cable car, tourists have a chance to see the beautiful natural landscape at an altitude of thousands of meters, poetic Muong Hoa, the magnificent Hoang Lien Son mountain range, etc. When getting higher, and looking down, you will see the whole majestic and stunning scenery including golden ripe rice terraces and tiny villages like a paradise of Sapa hidden in the clouds.
- Beautiful cable car and station to take photos
Not only admiring the stunning landscape of Sapa, but you can also have a chance to admire the subtle artwork in the Sun World Fansipan Legend cable car station. The system features the essence of Vietnamese culture and the North West region, which is the ideal place to take selfies.
Amazing Fansipan cable cab
You may also like to know more about What to expect in Sun World Fansipan Legend?
Fansipan Cable car ticket price & opening hours
- Opening hours: 7.30 am to 5.30 pm every day
- Ticket price: The quoted price is provided by the SunWorld Group in the table below. The payment process for cable car tickets is quite fast and easy now, you do not have to wait for long as before. The ticket is valid for one day, and you need to return it, so keep it carefully.
Fansipan Cable Car Ticket Price
Muong Hoa Funicular Ticket Price
Fansipan Funicular Ticket Price
(from 1 to 1.4 Meters)
- Only valid for the selected visit date
- No refund or exchange
- Children below 1m in height: Free
- How to book: You can buy directly at the cable car station or book online. For better experiences, booking via a travel agent is much more time-saving as you don't have to wait in a long line to enter the station. Please refer to book the Sapa Fansipan Legend Cable Car Ticket at BestPrice Travel for the fastest confirmation and reasonable price.
Must-remembered things before experiencing the Fansipan cable car
- Health problem: Fansipan cable car is not for those who have cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases as you will be traveling to a place with an elevation above 3,000 meters, high humidity, and oxygen-deficient air
- Things to pack: Bring snacks, and drinking water in case you get hungry or thirsty. Food and services on the mountain are expensive
- What to wear: Dress neatly, warm enough for climbing. You can dress clothes which can be easily taken off when it is hot, and bring gloves, towels, and a woolen hat if you take the cable car in the morning or afternoon.
Cable cab reach Fansipan peak
Conquering the Fansipan peak is never as easy as it is now. Book a tour to get to the peak of Indochina by contacting us, and you will be not disappointed. It is best to book a package tour where you visit the local village on the first day, then get on the cable car to see Sapa and the local villages from the above.
You may be interested in Highlights Sapa with Fansipan Mountain 2 days