Hanoi to Sapa Bus: Limousine or Sleeper Bus Is Better?
Sapa is a highland town in Lao Cai province, Vietnam, located about 38 km from Lao Cai city and about 370km from Hanoi. There are many ways to move from Hanoi to Sapa but the best way is using the bus. How to choose the best Hanoi to Sapa bus, please review 4 small tips below.
Table of Contents
Bus travel is one of the most convenient ways to travel between Hanoi to Sapa. There are 5-7 bus companies departing from either end every day, with travel times between 5 and 6 hours. Most buses offer comfortable reclining seats, and bus fares are generally less expensive than train tickets. Bus transfer becomes more popular with many options times, bus types (overnight, limousine, local bus...). You will feel wonder which one is the best option for you.
Types of the bus from Hanoi to Sapa
To meet the travel needs of tourists, there are hundreds of buses each day departing from Hanoi to Sapa and vice versa, including Limousines and high-quality sleeper buses of companies such as Queen cafe, Camel Travel, Sapa Express, Sao Viet, Good Morning Sapa, Eco Sapa, etc.
There are actually 2 types of Hanoi to Sapa sleeper bus: Traditional Sleeper bus and the Cabin Sleeper bus.
- Traditional Sleeper Bus is a double-deck coach equipped with fixed berths and a capacity for around 38 passengers. These are quite comfortable so you can sleep during most parts of the journey. The most common is the kind with three rows of bunk beds running from the front to the end of the bus. The last row is a wide bed for more seats.
- Cabin Sleeper Bus is the type of double-deck coach equipped with fixed berths, TV, USB plug, pillow, blanket, and Wi-fi Internet on board. The capacity is only 22 passengers. Each cabin has a private space for the passenger covered by a curtain. If you want to have more space, it is the best choice. Also, there’s a type of bus with double size or twin cabins for couples. Let it imagine as if you are living in your room. It’s so perfect for an individual hobby. Besides, the Cabin Sleeper Bus is normally equipped with a washroom in the back of the bus that is super convenient.
The limousine that runs from Hanoi to Sapa normally is the sort of minivan that has the interior refurbished with three rows of seats accommodating 9 passengers, or one row of seats at the back and four individual seats in the center accommodating up to 7 passengers. Additionally, there is space for 1 extra passenger in the front of the van, seating next to the driver.
Hanoi to Sapa bus schedule & price
There are 3 main times options for bus from Hanoi to Sapa:
- Early morning bus starts from Hanoi to Sapa from 6 am until 7 am: this timeline only available local bus or limousine bus which takes about 5.5-6 hours to transfer from Hanoi to Sapa.
- Afternoon bus departs from Hanoi between 2 pm until 3 pm, you will arrive Sapa about 9 pm to 10 pm
- The evening bus leaves Hanoi between 9 pm and 11 pm, you will arrive in Sapa in the early morning from about 4 am to 5 am, this is only available on the night bus.
So decide the timeline to help you find a good operator for each option.
You can see the overall price of different types of Hanoi to Sapa buses in the table here, the price may change depending on different bus quality, seat positions, and service providers.
|Bus Types||Tradition sleeper||Cabin Sleeper||Couple Cabin Sleeper||Limousine|
|Price||16 USD||22 USD||43 USD||23 USD|
There are 2 ways you can consider booking the ticket: book it directly with the bus company and book it through a travel agent.
If you book the ticket directly from the Hanoi - Sapa bus company, the best thing is that you can get the best deal at a cheap price for your travel. Though most of the bus company's staff are not fluent in English, that will make it difficult for you to make an order, and sometimes, the misunderstanding will cause big trouble in your travel plan. Make sure that you’ve double-checked the timeline of the bus before you book it.
If you don't have much time to find a suitable bus company, we highly recommend you book a bus ticket through a local travel agent with small extra money for ticketing fees. However, you will feel very safe because a local agent will know exactly who is the best bus operator, book the right seat and advise you in detail where and when to be picked up. BestPrice Travel is one of the trustful companies which you can book your Luxury Shuttle Bus from Hanoi to Sapa, you just need to contact us and put your request details.
Limousine or Sleeper Bus to Sapa from Hanoi Is Better?
Both sleeper and limousine buses are good, but let’s make a comparison to see which type is more suitable for you.
|Sleeper Bus||Cabin Sleeper||Limousine|
| || || |
So, if your journey is long and the luggage is quite big, you can consider transferring from Hanoi to Sapa by a sleeper bus, the cabin, or a traditional one depending on your budget. But if you don’t have any certain plan of what to do, when to leave Sapa, or when to go to Sapa from Hanoi and wish for flexible transportation, a limousine bus is definitely the recommended choice.
Tips to choose the best bus Hanoi to Sapa
- Decide your travel time for the bus: There are 3 main time options so decide the timeline to help you easier to find a good operator.
- Find the best bus company: Traveling to Sapa by bus is the choice of many tourists, especially since the Hanoi - Lao Cai expressway was put into operation. But you are wondering which bus company to go to Sapa with the best quality and experience. Also, who is cheap and guaranteed quality. Below are some tips to find the best bus company Hanoi to Sapa.
- Pay right for your bus fare: There are many different buses company and price ranges, you should check carefully to avoid overcharge.
After finding the way to get to Sapa, you also should check some tips and tricks about the new countryside, new culture, and new food so that you can take advantage of all your time there. Make reference to reviews at Sapa before your trip. Hope that you can have a memorial Hanoi to Sapa trip - one of the most beautiful places in Vietnam.
Image source: Internet